Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CTD Fix version 2-updated

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Re: CTD Fix version 2-updated

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    No, he`s playing the vanilla modswitch version of rtrpe.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...56#post6534156
    nice memory. Or was it deduction?

Yeah, I got MC Music Mix installed. I looooove the RTR main theme.

Anyway, it seems that the mod switch has a problem of some sort to add the custom RTW music, I'm guessing. I read the other time one had to go to a file and change a log from false to true (it had something about music in the beginning of the file entry).

I'm having an issue with a battle. I am playing as the Greeks and attempting to play a battle on the field. Before the battle can load the game crashes and goes back to the desktop with a message saying there is a script error in the descr_model_battle under column 1, line 1848. I have completely updated by the above download and a previous fix regarding a similar issue is not the problem.

This is what my computer is pulling up under this issue: skeleton fs_spearman
    I would greatly appreciate any help...thanks.

Icon8 Re: CTD Fix version 2-updated

I was getting the CTD error. I downloaded the files and copied and pasted them according to instructions. Now the program refuses to start at all!!!!!

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I suspect you pasted a mod-folder over your basic installation. Without knowing more, my recommendation would be to reinstall and then try again, but don't overwrite anything. Alternatively, give me more information and maybe we can figure out precisely what's wrong.

{shameless plug} Or you can download the full installer for the ExRM, which is built on RTRPE (link in my sig). {/plug}
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

I have a ctd problem which despite all the advice I have followed, I cannot fix. I'm playing Bactria on RTRPE modswitch. The game ctd's during the AI factions' turns, right on when the Romans' turn comes up. Have tried uninstalling the game (originally was using the non-modswitch version), reinstalling it, uninstalling and reinstalling a 2nd time (now modswitch) and after installing the hotfix and being able to play a few turns it is now crashing again.

I've tried turning off fog of war to see what's going on, but it still won't let me see the rest of the map. It's not a revolt issue (at least none of my cities) as my cities are all happy. Used to seem like a revolt issue but clearly not from what I can see.

If anyone has any ideas...that'd be awesome.

This is the fix thread, but you haven`t said if you`ve actually have it installed. If you have there`re only two more things to do that I can think of and you should backup both the files you edit/delete and your saved games prior to implementing them. The simplest thing would be to delete the map.rwm and let it regenerate. Sometimes it helps. The second thing would be this one:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...03#post2413203
    I`ve never tried it so I can`t tell you anything more than what you read there.

@florin80: a quick response, thanks.

I did say that I was using the hotfix (maybe I used an incorrect term). Anyway, I did use the fix. My guess is it is not save game compatible? Regenerating the map unfortunately didn't help either.

Yep, you did, I missed it. The fix should be save game compatible and afaik many people have had success applying it mid campaign. So I`m guessing your problem is different.
    Well, then there`s just the script option if you feel up to it. Another thing I`ve heard of(but have never been able to achieve anything with it personally) is to play the ai turn with the toggle fow turned off and see exactly where the crash happens. Then do the thing over again and press escape right before the crash, save the game, quit the game, start the game again, load the saved game and hope for the best.

I just retried toggle_fow and I found where it's crashing. A Roman general travels from northwest Italy through the alps into Gaul, and it looks like a smaller Roman army leaves its general behind to merge with the other general.

I hear there's a way to take control of the faction and manipulate the goings-on...how do I do this? Is there a thread which addresses it?

Ah, never mind. I see that information is in the link you provided.

I've gotten past my problem with the ctd related to the Romans...hooray. Now it crashes immediately upon clicking end turn. I have four cities which I have sacked and left and which are ready to revolt so it's obviously a revolt ctd. Have tried both the ctd fixes linked to in this thread.

Any other ideas available?

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Sometimes, the revolt CTD happens no matter what you do. It's hard-coded, I'm afraid, and there's a limit to what can be done to ameliorate it.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The Carthage turn ctd fix saved my day! Im playing platinun 1.9 mod_foldered version, campaign as Rome. Thanks guys! I suggest you guys to put both the download file and the hotfix side-by-side. It will save everybody a lot of time.
    I would also like to report a ctd in the same campaign. Im playing as rome and I had ctd before entering a battle against carthage. Im using BI engine for the mod switch version. The error is: "Script error in RTRPE/data/descr_model_battle.txt, at line 1848, column 1. Must add at least one flexi skin model to a declared model group." The crash is repeatable. Im not using autosave. I attached my saved campaign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by paradamed; September 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM.

Thank you very much florin80

sorry double posting

Default CTD Fix RTR.Gold in Roman Campaign

I am playing RTR Platinum 1.9 and i have "probably" CTD-revolt if i click on endturn button. I ve tried all fixes and in winter 63 game still generates CTD when i am ending turn. I play on very hard and i have only 40 territories. i want to fight and conquer the Seleucids which posses about 100 lands.

I ve installed this game as Gold on 1.2 patch and reinstall as 1.9 platinum. Saves was allowed to continue as i was pleasured.

Please answer with any idea...i want to conquer the world under roman banner

Default Re: CTD Fix RTR.Gold in Roman Campaign

I ve tried Switch mod CTDfix posted at the headline of this forum, but it still crashes.

i have installed:
    RTW
    patch 1.3
    patch 1.5
    RTR platinum 1.9 (122mb)
    no addons

Thanks for any reply

LoneWolf_Sam's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Re: CTD Fix version 2-updated

Hey,
    I have two problems and since ones to do with CTD's then I thought I'd post here, if need be please redirect me to a better thread, I have looked through and looked at FAQ's.
    I run on a Windows 7 64-bit Sony VAIO laptop W/ 6GB RAM @ 2.6GHz + ATI Radeon ?? (I know ATI are bad, but this Laptop series didn't come with a NVIDIA series card option) (It handles 6000 troops in one battle with everything at high detail smoothly so what's the difference??). I use the Platinum edition 1.9v on a clean 1.5 RTW (If any of that makes any difference to this)

Problem 1) CTD
    -The ends of battles seem to do this a fair few times, I don't know if it's a particular thing I do. I get to the stage where I rout them all and it CTD's when the menu comes up asking to chase/end etc. No error report. If it makes a difference I'm only 16 turns ish in?
    Although it once CTD in the middle of a battle when I pincered a large group of skirmishers + their general between heavy cavalry, charged and hit both front and back at the same time, wiping them all out (pretty much). It froze on the death of their general closeup for about 2 seconds and then CTD. Also no error report.

Problem 2) Glitching skins.
    -This seems to be a pretty isolated affair, haven't read a thread to do with it. I have only experienced this with the Macedonian Hypaspistai + Macedonian Pezhetairoi. (entries from 'export_descr_unit' below)
    Basically, the torso flickers/disappears momentarily (also/sometimes the: elbows, knees, wrists and upper leg segments). I have yet to get a screen shot, as when I paste in paint it shows a black screen? :L
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    type greek hypaspist
    dictionary rtr_greek_royal_pikemen
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Medium_1
    soldier greek_hypaspist, 20, 0, 1
    attributes sea_faring,hide_forest,can_sap,hardy
    formation 1, 1, 2, 2, 3,square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 10, 7, javelin, 40, 2, thrown, archery, piercing, spear, 25 , 1
    stat_pri_attr prec,thrown,thrown ap