Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Development still going?

Default So, Stannis Men at arms and Stormland Knights...

are having a bit of Silver-Surfer disease, if you get my meaning.

I'll attempt to post some screenies later.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Double A's Avatar person man

Default Re: So, Stannis Men at arms and Stormland Knights...

Oh yeah, I get it...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Not quite what I was getting at. But I'll pass you some rep for the laugh.

No, I meant the units are all silver and featureless.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

TheKingSlayer's Avatar Tiro

That happened in one of our first private beta tests. I don't recall right now what units and what faction it effected, but I know we had to deal with some of that. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix that. I'm just a lowly text writer. hehe.
    Proud Team member of Westeros: Total War
    Visit us at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721
    We..Are...PENN STATE!!!
    Semper Fi. Smashing Islamic Extremism in all forms.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

It has something to do with the textures missing or something. I'm not sure, I'm still clueless *nervous laugh*. I need to PM Gampie or Aeoleron about that too *sigh*

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Alrighty.

Game of the Fates

Default Development still going?

I don't mean to pester, but is this mod still being developed? The forum has been pretty quiet lately so I wasn't sure.

Default Re: Development still going?

Not really. The old team's kind of fallen apart, and I'm trying to get more people involved as I'm not sure whether everyone who used to do it is still here.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Double A's Avatar person man

I wish I could help but I have no spare time (even on break lousy take-home-tests...) and have no modding skills whatsoever.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

I am willing to help with writing stuff up for it and coming up with ideas, but I am not much of a modder, however if somebody were to help me start I am sure I could be of some assistance. If you wish to contact me add me on xfire - vortex5000 or email me - spensermiller@gmail.com.

Corrupted, go to the mod tutorial section in mod workshop and begin learning. Most of all we need a skinner / graphics artist, just for some light work.

Sure thing... I'll get right on that. Once I learn how to do this stuff I'll contact you again. Good luck finding others too (if you still are trying to).

monsterfurby's Avatar Tiro

Although I am not by far a genius artist, I know my way around some texturing and graphics work. And I'd gladly help to keep this project going. As I said, it's nothing I could probably do on a larger scale, but if there are smaller texturing things to be done, I might be able to jump in.

Daedalus returns... I'll have that project done by the end of the week, I swear! (Christmas was much, much busier than expected).
    Texture artists are by far the most important resource for us at this part of the mod. I think that the current state of the coding and resources are quite satisfactory for an inital release, and the most obvious flaw as this stage is the fact that we're still lacking a lot of unit skins. I think I speak for everyone left on the team when I say we could use whatever help you're willing to provide. If you're serious about helping out with the mod, perhaps you can create a test skin for one of the currently untextured units (Stannis' Men-at-arms, perhaps)?

@ Corrupted: not really trying. We're not at a dearth of anything at the moment (but I'll know for sure when word gets in from all the team members.

What kind of texture work are we looking at? I've done basic unit skin recoloring and some decent texture-kitbashing. Haven't tried making my own textures or banners though.

Edit: Oh, and when I say "making my own textures" I mean from scratch. I can probably add custom decals and such...
    Last edited by Surgeon; January 11, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Basically replacing shield heraldry, basic recolouring and similar stuff. Most decals can already be found on the web (sites like westeros.org or the Tower of the Hand).

I can give it a whirl and see what I can do. January is a busy month for me so most likely I'll only have time for a few odd jobs here and there. Maybe later I'd be able to get to help more.

Is there any list of texture works that need to be done?
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

All the factions which do not already have skins need reskins. Also, mercenaries when we can get them in

Argh you guys converted existing factions and units instead of making new entries

Oh well, it'll take a wee bit more work but I'll have a look-see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast