Thread: Mysterious Stranger a tad annoying?

Default Mysterious Stranger a tad annoying?

Okay, I don't ever seem to get a buddy NPC in FA3 so taking the Mysterious Stranger perk seemed like a good idea. Problem is he shows up at maybe 2 out of 3 encounters and starts blasting with the .44 Mag. I find this level of intervention rather annoying, and cheapens the thrill of taking out SM Brutes and Masters , which to be honest I can do without "Bogart" making a show. This perk needs to be tweaked IMHO. I don't recall it being so common place in earlier releases of Fallout?

OccamR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Mysterious Stranger a tad annoying?

2 out of 3 really? I get him maybe once every 10 vats usages. I actually enjoy it, and when I see him I get a bigger thrill than shooting some generic supermutant. Oh, and if you want an early NPC try Charon at Underworld in Museum of History or Jericho in Megaton.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

jsktrogdor's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought he was great, 2/3 is really high. Its great when your barley alive and you miss your last vats shot. Then you see him and your like: "oh thank the post apocalyptic gods"

I like the music that plays when he arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by OccamR View Post
    2 out of 3 really? I get him maybe once every 10 vats usages. I actually enjoy it, and when I see him I get a bigger thrill than shooting some generic supermutant. Oh, and if you want an early NPC try Charon at Underworld in Museum of History or Jericho in Megaton.

Does Charon ship with an utterly evil and despicable PC? Thanks I will be heading to the MoH soon...........

Domesticus

Whats the point of VATS?...i mean other than to make things easier...when you make a critical hit in VATS is it more powerful then when your not in VATS?

How can you do a critical target without using VATS? It's all point and shoot.

OccamR's Avatar Centenarius

Actually he goes with anyone, since he's a slave. You just have to buy him, or do the owner a favor.
    BTW, VATS is good for sniping and sneak crits. Not for much else unless you like having your battles be stop and go with VATS.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

I run right up to my enemies and enable vats for perfect headshots.

Guderian's Duck's Avatar Decanus

His Magnum does 9000 damage and has no spread. It's lawl.
    The Jagdpanzer IV was a tank destroyer developed against the wishes of Heinz Guderian. Its large gun and heavy frontal armor led to poor mobility and made them difficult to operate in rough terrain, leading their crews to nickname them Guderian Ente; Guderian's Duck.

Indefinitely Banned

If the Stranger makes a kill, you can't get loot a finger from the body. I thought that was pretty lame. Other than that he is cool.

i thought he was hilarious
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

He saved my ass plenty a time.

He is absolutely awesome. I love that mysterious stranger.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Didn't bother with him. Don't bother with companions either.

Let's just say Grim Reaper's Spirit is too good to let anyone steal my kills.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Grenadier View Post
    Okay, I don't ever seem to get a buddy NPC in FA3 so taking the Mysterious Stranger perk seemed like a good idea. Problem is he shows up at maybe 2 out of 3 encounters and starts blasting with the .44 Mag. I find this level of intervention rather annoying, and cheapens the thrill of taking out SM Brutes and Masters , which to be honest I can do without "Bogart" making a show. This perk needs to be tweaked IMHO. I don't recall it being so common place in earlier releases of Fallout?
    Is your lucky really high? This might be the reason he appears more
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Actually yes I have Luck of 9.
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

The Stranger saved me twice, but after that I could handle pretty much anyone on my own
    ________
    Teen health forums
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; March 13, 2011 at 03:11 AM.