Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of Dale (outdated)

Default Re: Unit Preview - Dale

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Hint, hint, nudge nudge... check my sig.
    ... can you show us another sig?
    Computer crashed... SAD

Default Re: --Unit Preview--Dale--

@Hieronymus

I think you mean, "thou hopest thy canst forgive thou," or something like that.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure DG was just messing around. A couple of visits to church to give confession and a large donation to TWCenter and you ought to be right as rain again.

@DG

I like King Theodan's idea. How about you give us a good half dozen or more of your "sigs" to look at!
    Last edited by marceror; December 30, 2008 at 12:47 PM.

@ Marceror

No can do, I would instantly ignite once I set a step in church. Last time I checked the anti-christ isn't welcome there haha.

Xerdun's Avatar Miles

wow guys! !!!

been looking forward to the next preview for ages and this fails to disappoint!!!

if i may make a point the army doesn't look very.... unified other than the blue colours being seen throughout.

Now i'm not big on the lore so i don't know whether it's deliberate or not! at any rate they are amazing as usual so... keep up the great work!

Against the power that has arisen in the East, there can be no victory.

It is indeed impressive. Could you make the helmets less shiny, it would look more real rather than "perfect CG model". For instance, in real life a car doesn't shine and most cars are of dull texture on their surface. In CG drawings, like the cover page of a "how-to" book with Maya or 3DStudioMax, the cars always look like they are made of mirrors, with perfect shining arcs (a curve of light over a polished surface), which is impossible even for clean cars.

The graphics in M2TW are like that by default and it's not that great actually. All the knights and even the infantry look like they are wearing armors made of glass panels. In real life (maybe a scene from King Arthur or Kingdom of Heaven would be a close representation) the armors don't shine like that. They may be silver or metal color, but they are dull in textures. Meaning they don't reflect light.

More like that than this. In other words, armor in use in average daylight is different from a set of armor posed under ideal intensive studio/museum photography lighting.

Just like cars in use in real life average lighting look like this and not this.

So I like the graphics of RTW more than that of M2TW, even though the latter is more detailed.

Default Re: -- Preview of Dale --

OH....MY....GOD!
    These are great screens Kerchet! (as usual

Keep up the good work.
    anyone have any info on Rohan lol they are my favourite!
    But take your time, i know how hard it is to run a mod, especially one this amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymus View Post
    @ Marceror

No can do, I would instantly ignite once I set a step in church. Last time I checked the anti-christ isn't welcome there haha.
    Okay, the large donation will have to suffice then. Can you send me some too?

Oh, one other thing, concerning the upgrade the Dale Men-at-Arms seem to get.

Would there be a way to keep the gold details on their armor? It looks like the upgraded chest plates have some sort of design too, but its not as prominent...Could you at least make that one gold?

great job krechet amazing work happy to see a new faction out. only constructive critiscm i have is to make the shoulder pads fit better, but besides that great job keep at it +rep

STELLover's Avatar Senator

These are great Kerchet, just would have been better if the shoulder armor smaller and more bent!

Anyway nice job, Dale is one of the best

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Hate to be one of the few people who says this but;

These models are by far not on par with any of the other factions. It's nice to give new modellers a chance, but what's it going to do for a mod when you go from using Gondor, a beautiful and very well done faction, to Dale.

I admit for a new modeller, these are great. For a mod of this caliber, they are poor.

Isengard Fan

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by SilentLamb View Post
    Hate to be one of the few people who says this but;

These models are by far not on par with any of the other factions. It's nice to give new modellers a chance, but what's it going to do for a mod when you go from using Gondor, a beautiful and very well done faction, to Dale.

I admit for a new modeller, these are great. For a mod of this caliber, they are poor.
    When you realize that Dale and Eriador are minor factions it makes sense that the most experienced modellers are expending their time with other factions.
    Dale and Eriador are also the only factions that do not appear in the movies at all, having no visual inspiration, Kretchet was very creative with his units.

Bardian archers as generals are my favorite unit, no need to switch them, IMO they should be able to run fast and heavy armor would not help, maybe you can just give them a small shield to up their defense. The weird shoulder pads could be removed, they add nothing to the units (Dale spearmen, Dale archers)
    Last edited by Louis Lux; December 30, 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Default Re: Unit Preview - Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    For saying what I am now going to say I might will lose my head or maybe more. First of all, some units are great like Bardian Archers or Northmen Cavalry and I like the skins. BUT some I really dislike, most Models are good but texture colors are mostly alot too intense, especially the blue you used. Some archer helmets also look a bit weird, more like half eggs or somthin like that. Dale Archer and Dale Speerman have too big shoulder armour.
    I think it is easyliy correctable, and than all will look great but now the style of all units does not really fit together. But for the time and energy you put in , and if you correct it you get a fat +rep.
    I have to agree -- some of these skins need more work before they reach the quality of the other factions...

STELLover's Avatar Senator

I am a begginer for modding, just joined a online modding guild, I gotta say, they look impressive

I am also a huge fan of both the game and the movie

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

First of all, congratulations to the modeller.

I think that, for this secondary factions, the best idea is to use the original Medieval's models, with little improvements.

If it's not possible, perhaps a dirtier and darker models may help to enhance the final result.

Let the intense colors for the elves .

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

I always dislike dismounted generals...
    Also why they don't have a horsearcher unit?
    Miss me yet?

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by IPA35 View Post
    Also why they don't have a horsearcher unit?
    Because they didn't use horsearchers in the books?

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Again great troops.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

The variation of the appearance in each unit are very similour, for example the dale swordsmen and spearmen, all of them have the same kind of red beard

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Nice very nice! A lot of units for a small kingdom though, are they all warranted? Just wondering on the accuracy. Other than that they rock! Excellent work.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."