View Poll Results: Shall Xavier Dragnesi become a Citizen?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 54.55%
  • No

1 9.09%
  • Abstain

4 36.36%

Thread: [PASSED 01/05/09] [Citizen] Xavier Dragnesi [Patron: _Pontifex_]

Default [PASSED 01/05/09] [Citizen] Xavier Dragnesi [Patron: _Pontifex_]

[user]Xavier Dragnesi[/user]
    Members of the Consilium de Civitate,
    Under the patronage of _Pontifex_, I am once again running for the citizenship title in the Total War Centre Forums. I believe my many appointments and activity in various forum areas deem me worthy of such a prestigious position.
    In the Rome: Total War forum, I continue to organise my King of the Hill multiplayer competition, now its fourth round and still running strong. I participate with gladness in various other tourneys hosted by others. I continuously offer help and advice to those who need it, and strive to keep to the rules of the forum.
    In the AAR and Community RPGs forum, I continue to play a large part in the action. In YATS, I continue to help moderate, especially in helping new players into the game. In TFT, I effectively manage the Gallic campaign, and have just taken up the mantle of the Pergamum one as well. I moderate the Roma Surrectum hotseat campaigns of Augustus, and participate in all but one of the games there. My Syracusan AAR “All Roads Lead to Rome” which gained me a bronze AAR medal, has been completed with success, and I plan to write more. I have helped contribute to advertising by making Front Page adverts for YATS, TFT, Augustus and Lion of the North.
    Lately, I have also been appointed a Content Writer for the Eagle Standard, and have had two articles published in the most recent issues. In addition to that, I have begun beta testing for Roma Surrectum 2.0. In order to help with the organising of the beta testing process, I have been made a moderator of the whole Roma Surrectum mod sub-forum. I have participated actively in the Coloseum as well, taking part in games of Mafia, and recently taking up World Alliances.
    To sum up with, I believe that this amount of productive activity and constructive participation is enough to earn me the position of Citizen.
    Thank you,
    Xavier Dragnesi

[user]_Pontifex_[/user]

Xavier's contributions are widely unappreciated and I feel this is why it has taken him this long to attain citizenship. He is one of the most helpful, amicable, and readily will volunteer to do work. He is most active in the TWC side of things mostly in AAR writing and competitions, and he shines in the Community Games, which is one of the fastest growing sections of the site. Many times I have seen these games draw in new members to the site who then go on to join mod teams or enter debates and contribute to the site. To summarize this process, Xavier contributes to an area of the site that draws in new members. He is dependable and trustworthy. He is always willing to lend a helping hand to the new players of the game.

He has even taken initiative to help a mod team function. While he himself may not be able to mod, he tries to help in any way he can simply because that is his character. He always wants to help.

He has taken a massive leadership role in TFT and also in YATS, which is the oldest and original RTW community multiplayer. That is not the extent of his involvement, however, as he is involved in almost every multiplayer game and has helped organize and overhaul struggling games.

He is extremely well behaved and this would not change.

Although in the past he has failed, it has always been counsel to try again in a month or two and we will reconsider him. I think he is ready now.

(He also wanted me to mention that he is in the process of writing his second AAR)

Default Re: [Citizen] Xavier Dragnesi [Patron: _Pontifex_]

I don't see AARs or RPGs as massively contributory, but leading competitions in those areas is. As the organizer of the King of the Hill competition, he shows some potential at least. I'll have to think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyam View Post
    I don't see AARs or RPGs as massively contributory,
    I understand why you feel this way, but this area of the site has grown twofold even since his last application. It is quickly becoming a noteworthy section of the site and as I said, it is drawing in new members. No doubt that when ETW is released we will see a massive increase in the amounts of existing games such as these. (I myself am helping to organize one).

I consider the multiplayer AARs to be contributions. They take time to administer to and speak volumes for this member's integrity and willingness to help others.

Controlling them is hard work and helps others enjoy the site - they are contributions. Participating is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyam View Post
    Controlling them is hard work and helps others enjoy the site - they are contributions. Participating is not.
    Ok, good. Then you'll understand how much work he puts into actually moderating these games.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Here are some links that might prove to be (somewhat) useful.

AAR.

His report in a recent ES Volume. [Ancient Empires Elysium Report]

On the candidate now, I am leaning towards a yes. Participating in these community games is in no way a contribution, but moderating them is not an easy job. His ES work seems nice enough, and judging by his past citizenship votes, it is clear that he has put a lot of effort into improving, and actually making himself useful. He has a lot of potential, and his joining content staff can only help him contribute further. I do believe that he could have waited a bit more, so he could make his ES contributions more apparent though.

I'll research him a bit more, and then make my final decision.
    Last edited by Soulghast; December 27, 2008 at 02:06 PM.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

I'll give some further glance, but right now I'm tempted into a yes.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

I'm leaning yes,.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Shouldn't there be a poll at this point? It's been 4 days.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin

I was away the last two days, sorry guys.

Its ok Justy.

Abstain.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Voted yes. He has not entirely convinced me, but he is decent enough and shows promise.
    Last edited by Soulghast; January 01, 2009 at 03:39 AM.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin

Passed.