Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshot thread

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: Screenshot thread

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    I don't see Jason using the first shogun. And me personally, I just used the shogun to indicate the japanese origins of my "research".

Btw, a daimyo was more than a mere "smaller feudal lord", rather a very powerful samurai and local leader(and within his territory a daimyo's power knew almost no boundaries). The shogun was the tenno's "prime minister", eventually virtually replacing the emperor as the real power in Japan.
    Quite so, And the title First Daimyo, is to represent that he is the first and most important of these warlords

Yes each faction will have two national treasures, which are transferable, the player will be honour bound to retain these, thay can be lost to a rival faction if the holder is killed in battle, or if the anc is 'lost' (without holder) and the national capital (at game start) is in enenmy hands, more through description of new anc system will be given when the system is finalised

Edit: Removed non-viewable screenshots. ~aduellist

If any one knows a where I could source japanese style portraits from, that would be a great help
    Last edited by aduellist; September 07, 2009 at 08:24 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post

If any one knows a where I could source japanese style portraits from, that would be a great help
    Did you consider using the portraits from Shogun:TW or the ones from the SamuraiWarlords Mod for M:TW I? (Probably would have to ask their permission, but they really have a lot of portraits - about a hundred)

I have shogun, on cd somewhere I will have to dig it out, I cant remember if it actually had portraits of generals in it tho ?

Do you have a link to SamuraiWarlords Mod for M:TW I

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Quite so, And the title First Daimyo, is to represent that he is the first and most important of these warlords

Yes each faction will have two national treasures, which are transferable, the player will be honour bound to retain these, thay can be lost to a rival faction if the holder is killed in battle, or if the anc is 'lost' (without holder) and the national capital (at game start) is in enenmy hands, more through description of new anc system will be given when the system is finalised

Romuli Portraits

Edit: Removed non-viewavle screenshots. ~aduellist

oh sweat I don't like R:TW much (I used to play it alot!) and these new portraits really bring back good memories

*imagines one of the Romans and his 5 legions slaying 1 1/2 stack of Gauls*

YAaayy!
    Last edited by aduellist; September 07, 2009 at 08:26 PM.
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Huh?
    You don't like Rome so the portraits bring back good memories? What? I think there's a typo, Pinky...

I have shogun, on cd somewhere I will have to dig it out, I cant remember if it actually had portraits of generals in it tho ?

Do you have a link to SamuraiWarlords Mod for M:TW I
    Shogun:TW has some few portraits, as far as I know.

SamuraiWorlords can be downloaded here:
    http://www.mizus.com/Ras/SamuraiWarlords_beta8.exe

It's for the M:TW I expansion pack "Viking Invasion"

Further discussion http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90655

Those R:TW portraits do look great (and bring back really nice memories)

Quote Originally Posted by Graf zu Adler View Post
    Huh?
    You don't like Rome so the portraits bring back good memories? What? I think there's a typo, Pinky...
    ehhh... *re-reads own post*

oh crap I meant I don't like Rome anymore (bad graphics in comparison with Medieval 2) but It does bring back good memories (from when I did like Rome)

understand?
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    ehhh... *re-reads own post*

oh crap I meant I don't like Rome anymore (bad graphics in comparison with Medieval 2) but It does bring back good memories (from when I did like Rome)

understand?

I know what you mean about the standard of the graphiics but just for the generals portriats, I think it adds a further level of immersion into the roman feel of the Romuli, do you agree ? or do people prefer we stay with vanilla MTWII portraits ?

I know what you mean about the standard of the graphiics but just for the generals portriats, I think it adds a further level of immersion into the roman feel of the Romuli, do you agree ? or do people prefer we stay with vanilla MTWII portraits ?
    short said: Rome's awesomeness + Medieval 2's graphics = YAAAYYY!!!

so yep the rome general portraits look much more suitable then the medieval ones (duh!)

short said: Rome's awesomeness + Medieval 2's graphics = YAAAYYY!!!

so yep the rome general portraits look much more suitable then the medieval ones (duh!)
    Im doing the same for pagan factions ( valhalla, hispanics, wotan, gaelics) using the MTWI viking and pagan portraits

and I may do the same for the rennascience factions

this will mean only the chivalrics and muslim factions will retain the vanilla portraits

Nice could u post some screenshots when your done? I haven't seen MTWI portraits

nice Jason this is WAAAAYYYYY better then the medieval portraits!!
    +rep (if I can)
    Glad you like them, Ive contacted the Blue Lotus team to see if they will allow use of their portraits for the Lao Che

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Now that'd be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Graf zu Adler View Post
    Now that'd be awesome!
    Im currently making my own lao che portriaits, incase Blue Lotus dont agree. This will mean giving the Lao Che their own culture, and so have to have sperate tgas for all buildings, which does have a file size impact. I expect I will make all these new portraits as an optional add on

*Just random screenshots for the screenshot thread*

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The privateers and the Romuli having a feud over borders:

hmmm... I think there's alot of tension among the borders as of late...

Pale Knight 1: "Now where did that prisoner go?"
    Pale Knight 2: "Uhh I thought he was with you?"
    Pale Knight 3: "I don't know I thought he was with you!"

... *silence* ...

Pale Knight 1: "Crap. We lost him..."

And that treachorous group that call themselves "Avalon's finest" are sneaky stealing settlements under the noses of others:

Red knight: "OMFG DUDE I SWEAR YA THERE ARE GREEN MONSTERS OUT THERE!
    LOOK!
    THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!!!"

Lao Che general: "I'm going to build my hermit enclavement here so I have a good view what those rebels and Tahars are up too..."

Oh dear, piracy is becomming more and more popular today!

Last edited by Pink Beard; February 14, 2009 at 01:15 PM.

nice screenies Pink

nice screenies Pink
    Thanks I have another nice one (i'll edit the post)

with Thera on high unit details
    now I'm going to try and find what reduces that rough/very pixel ends of bodies etc. They look a bit "too" sharp...
    Is it anti-allaising?

Why dont you use the minimal UI settings, I find it much better in battle as you have more screen devoted to the actual battle

Why dont you use the minimal UI settings, I find it much better in battle as you have more screen devoted to the actual battle
    Hmmm why not? I find it usefull to see my unit cards! (Or does the minimal UI shows them too? And what about the timer?) :hmmm:

might consider it yup I like big screens full of bad-ass soldiers kicking everyone's butt!

Hmmm why not? I find it usefull to see my unit cards! (Or does the minimal UI shows them too? And what about the timer?) :hmmm:

might consider it yup I like big screens full of bad-ass soldiers kicking everyone's butt!
    You can still see your unit cards, set them so they dont slide off and on, I always use unlimted timer, so Im not sure about that

I just find the minimal battle UI visually much more pleasing.