Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshot thread

Default Re: Screenshot thread

Hispanics, but it's not my fault they begged for a fight!

Oooh pictures! Faber est quisque fortunae suae

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Well, the royal (imperial) treasurer would either be the "comes sacrarum largitionum" or the "comes rerum privatarum", the first one administering the emperor's possessions in the emperor's capacity as the sacred person (i.e. the office) of the emperor, the latter managing the emperor's "private" funds - not always clearly separated from each other...

The Lord Marshal aka Supreme commander was the magister militum. There was more than one magister militum, so they were separated by their respective geographical area of command. (E.g. there was a magister militum per Illyricum who was supreme commander of all roman forces in Illyricum, modern day Croatia). I would just stick with "magister militum". Btw, the "magister peditum" was supreme commander of all infantry, whereas the "magister equitum" commanded all cavalry forces.You might wanna use these, too.

I never heard of someone concerned mainly with farming/agriculture in roman administration. Maybe you could use the aforementioned "comes sacrarum largitionum", who was mainly concerned with the emperor's holdings, a lot of this in the form of real estate. This would make the "comes rerum privatarum" your royal treasurer.

Why am I doing all this? Helping my enemy to get fleshed out better? (Huge Lao Che fan/addict :hmmm
    Exllent stuff many thanks, Romuli may well find "magister peditum" and "magister equitum" amongst their ranks in V2

+rep for your input sir

cheers
    Jason

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

No problem, glad you liked it.

Will there be individually named ancs for every faction or just for some? That means, do I stand a chance to talk you into some for the Lao Che - not that I do really have a clue about Mongol/Lao Che History...:hmmm:

Yesterday I discovered another of your Easter eggs: a crusade was called on the poor city of Hoth. I immediately prepared my AT-AT walkers

Will there be individually named ancs for every faction or just for some? That means, do I stand a chance to talk you into some for the Lao Che - not that I do really have a clue about Mongol/Lao Che History...:hmmm:

Yesterday I discovered another of your Easter eggs: a crusade was called on the poor city of Hoth. I immediately prepared my AT-AT walkers
    Yeah haven't you noticed them before? Like the castle Romeo and next to that the city Julia!

oh btw there's a small wooden castle somewhere that's called Naboo!

"Now where is that red button that activates the droids?!"
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

The ancs will prob be culture specific, Chavailers and Avalon will prob share the same as will Tahar/Vashta/Barka, Lao will get indiviual ones, as will Romuli, and the Faustians,

SO by all means suggest away, do far the Lao Che have the

First Daimyo
    The First Daimyo is the closest and most trusted advisor to the Khan. He is often to be found shoulder to shoulder with the Great Khan in the Lao Che battleline. As such he wields great influence and considerable power within the Khanate. This title can be stripped from one general and given to another, should the holder prove unworthy.
    Has a positive effect on loyalty, authority, and law.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

I never came across Naboo, nice though.

Not long ago, I conquered Romeo and Juliet from - guess who, Pinky Pirate: yes, of course it was the Privateers. (Now you hate me, dontcha?)

I'll try to work something out, Jason.

Just because we can't let the Romuli get better unopposed
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 12, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

Well, some thoughts I had...

These are all real mongol titles (apart from the first two: those are just the bodyguard and the battle standard, but I thought it might have been an office, too)

Kesig: This man is the commander of the Khan’s bodyguard. In order to not wake up with a knife between your ribs, you want to bestow this office on someone you trust. (+2 Command, +2 Influence, +2 Loyalty, but may only be given to Generals with at least Loyalty 5+)

Tugh: This man carries the Khan’s battle standard. (+1 Loyalty, +1 Command and increase in Chivalry or Dread) [I’m not sure which, because on the one hand fighting alongside the standard seems quite honourable, but if his Khan orders him to do evil deeds, he will do so – no matter if he carries the banner or not]

Yeke Jarghuchi: This man is the Chief Judge of your empire. His word is law; only the Khan himself or divine intervention can save those judged guilty. (Massive increase in maintaining public order and slight increase in population growth, because people flock to orderly cities, decrease in squalor, also increases Loyalty)

Cherbi: This man serves as the Khan’s chamberlain. (Increase in population growth, decrease in building costs and squalor, slight increase in Loyalty)

Ba’urchi: This man serves as the Khan’s steward. [might replace the Lord Seneschal]

Khorchi: Literally meaning “quiver bearer”, this man is the supreme commander of the Khan’s missile forces. (+2 Command while commanding archers, available after having built your first Marksman’s Range) [Or maybe just +1 after completing your first Archery Range, increased after the first Marksman’s Range?]

E’utenchi: Literally meaning “doorkeeper”, this man is the supreme commander of the Khan’s infantry forces. (+2 Command while commanding infantry, available after having built your first Armoury.) [Or maybe just +1 after completing your first Barracks, increased after the first Armoury?]

Aghtachi: This man is responsible for the breeding of the Khan’s horses. Lao Che armies always relied heavily on cavalry, so a steady supply of horses is of enormous importance. (Slight increase in population growth and building costs for buildings having to do with horses, like stables, horse breeders guild, trade, roads,… Maybe increase in building costs in not horse-related buildings like harbour etc?)

Khonichi: Literally meaning “shepherd”, this man is the supreme commander of the Khan’s cavalry forces. (+2 Command while commanding cavalry, available after having built your first Sultan’s Stables.) [Or maybe just +1 after completing your first Amir’s Stables, increased after the first Sultan’s Stables?]

Noyan (plural: Noyad): Every mongol general was called thus. (You might wanna use this?)

Those are, of course, just suggestions; don't feel pressed to implement them. Although I would love to see one or the other make it to V2!
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 12, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Wow I lot of info there, some cool sounding names, however it is worth pointing out that in V2 Lao Che will have a strange mix of mongol, chinese and samurai infulences, for example the Khan's 'first man' is titled is 'First Daimyo'. But I want the leader to remain Khan as it is such a strong title

The reasoning behind the cultural mix being I dont want Lao Che just to be a mongol clone, hence the influx of new units in V2. See the screenshots of the new faction leader, heir and gnerals on earlier in this thread. The character names for Lao Che are also now a mx of japanese, Chinese and mongol names

I like Aghtachi: as that sounds almost japanese same with Kesig
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 12, 2009 at 06:59 PM.

Wow, those Romuli pics look terrific!

I have to admit that I really like those magisters very much

Some proof-reading: the Sword of Romulus features the "Ceasar" and the Aedile and Quaestor each read "reports to directly to".

I'm quite impressed!

Sure, just focussed on the Mongols, because I did not know how strong the japanese/chinese influence would be. Looking forward to those new units, too.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 12, 2009 at 07:02 PM.

Wow, those Romuli pics look terrific!

I have to admit that I really like those magisters very much

Some proof-reading: the Sword of Romulus features the "Ceasar" and the Aedile and Quaestor each read "reports to directly to".

I'm quite impressed!

Sure, just focussed on the Mongols, because I did not know how strong the japanese/chinese influence would be. Looking forward to those new units, too.

Yes the Aedile and Quaestor each report directly to Caesar
    Good spot on the sword, Ive just corrected that

Id love to hear some japanese type titles if you can source any., your input here has been great

I will be using the two mongol ones I mentioned, (that you provided)
    First Dyaimo will be a kind of civic office , like first minister, and I will use your mongol bodyguard title as the military title, may fiddle with the bonuses, but you have used the same type of loyalty impacts as I used on the head of the praetorian Great minds and all that

Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 12, 2009 at 07:26 PM.

Good to hear that you like my input.

In the "reports"-line there is one "to" too much; that's what I meant.

I will work out some things japanese and get back on you tomorrow, ok?

Good to hear that you like my input.

In the "reports"-line there is one "to" too much; that's what I meant.

I will work out some things japanese and get back on you tomorrow, ok?

Ahhh, I see it now, nightmare trying top proof read your own writing, cheers will correct now
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 12, 2009 at 07:27 PM.

oh so there's a Cakius Romulus out there?

very nice titles there Jason, keep up the good work!

#post 800 btw!
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    oh so there's a Cakius Romulus out there?
    Of course, he is the second son of Caesar

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

And I se that they are now all named "Romulus"...very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Graf zu Adler View Post
    And I se that they are now all named "Romulus"...very nice
    yup I have added your names list, thanks my friend

Well, going japanese today...

I gathered some titles, all of them really existing ones.

Shitsuji: The Shogun’s (Khan’s) chief administrative officer.

Gorushi shu: Literally meaning “keeper of the castle”, commander of the most important castle of your empire, mighty Khan.

Kahan no retsu: This man bears the Khan’s seal, meaning he speaks with the Khan’s authority – one of the most trusted aides of the Khan.

Utaisho: Commander of the Khan’s palace guard.

Zeisho: The chief taxation officer of the Khan.

Tadokoro: This man is responsible for maintaining your paddy fields, honoured Khan.

Fudokoro: This man deals with the Khan’s paperwork and all official documents pass through his hands.

Hope this helps

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

why instead of using first daimyo you use the first shogun? in feudal japan the daimyos were smaller feudal lords and the shogun would be the "prime minister"?

will there be national treasures for every faction now?

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    why instead of using first daimyo you use the first shogun? in feudal japan the daimyos were smaller feudal lords and the shogun would be the "prime minister"?

I know but I think daimyo is a better sounding title, Shogun was a really poor tv show when I was a child, so the title has all sorts of negative images to me

This is the great freedom fantasy mods give you as a modder, you do not have to be tied to historic reality

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post

I don't see Jason using the first shogun. And me personally, I just used the shogun to indicate the japanese origins of my "research".

Btw, a daimyo was more than a mere "smaller feudal lord", rather a very powerful samurai and local leader(and within his territory a daimyo's power knew almost no boundaries). The shogun was the tenno's "prime minister", eventually virtually replacing the emperor as the real power in Japan.