Thread: Screenshot thread

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Default Re: Screenshot thread

Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    At first I feared that you might have encountered some serious problem regarding balancing, but now I see that you "just" graced us with another teaser. And a darn good one!

Uruks have been redone by the Model Master Caki, and the new ones are beautiful.

The balance Im happy with, Privateers have new options and a number of very powerful new units in Version 2. The faction shouldnt (often) be a major powerhouse ,unless controlled by a good player.

Under AI control they have campaigns where they occasionly do VERY well, but in gneral under AI control they will survive a long time, without becoming the Thera-Wide powerhouse.

Wotan tend to be the same, under player control they can do great things, but generally under AI control they hold their own withoutt often going on to rule the world.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Me want V2 now *big baby starts crying*

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    ohh good you wont mind that Ive dropped the Privateer faction in favour of an extra muslim faction

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

honestly

nar just kidding
    u scared me there for a bit

Jaguar6's Avatar Campidoctor

The balance Im happy with, Privateers have new options and a number of very powerful new units in Version 2. The faction shouldnt (often) be a major powerhouse ,unless controlled by a good player.
    Does that include my ideas

The Unfinished Tales submod for Third Age: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar6 View Post
    Does that include my ideas
    not at this point, there maybe one which has an influence of one of your suggestions

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

are those Uruks?

Quote Originally Posted by Eien View Post
    are those Uruks?
    Well it aint the salvation army

Did you see this post Pinkie
    They look wonderfull! Although the screenshot is a bit screwed up with that huge boulder blocking half the view
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

it add the sense of ohh my lord what else is hiding behind that rock, actually it was a 'generals death cut' scene, if you look you can see a the avalons kings sword inthe middle of the uruks

it add the sense of ohh my lord what else is hiding behind that rock,
    grass...

ps: I made a thread for this kind of chatter
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

this is discussion about theat particular screen shot

this is discussion about theat particular screen shot

Hmm your right. I like the new Uruk hais but they are obviously inferiour to "my" privateers.
    Just look at the uruks! ; they just lost their captain and they didn't even notice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    Hmm your right. I like the new Uruk hais but they are obviously inferiour to "my" privateers.
    Just look at the uruks! ; they just lost their captain and they didn't even notice!!!
    Uruks dont need captains (it wasnt theirs anyway) they are beasts bred for war, it is in their genes. in version 2 their history is much 'fuller' to explain their existance, and wait til you see the new factions build tree

"For breakfast, I eat Pirates"

Edit: Removed non-viewable screenshot. ~aduellist
    Last edited by aduellist; September 07, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

well Uruk's wouldn't care much about their captains anyway they'll just keep on killing and killing XD

it's the generic orcs that runs away when their head honco falls

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

What about the romuli?
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Caki View Post
    What about the romuli?
    What? I don't get your question... sorry

--------------

ps: miguel "The Saint" is kicking some ass now!!

Your saint is no match for my Teutonic Elephant Champion.
    This bad boy has an army of elephants and two light cav units.He has won more than twenty victories and I hope to get him to the thirty's soon.
    He comes where he is most needed and after he brought the Barka's a couple of humilating defeats he went on a crusade and captuered Dakar. And now is my fleet preparing to bring him to the Gaelics who are attacking my avalon allies. A fun fact is that I originally bribed him and accidentily adopted him. I was going to let him die in a heroic battle, but he did very well and I decided to keep him although he is still unmarried and I denie him adoption to keep my bloodline pure.
    Last edited by Prof.Moriarty; February 24, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
    More GG, More skill

Quote Originally Posted by Prof.Moriarty View Post
    Your saint is no match for my Teutonic Elephant Champion.
    This bad boy has an army of elephants and two light cav units.He has won more than twenty victories and I hope to get him to the thirty's soon.
    He comes where he is most needed and after he brought the Barka's a couple of humilating defeats he went on a crusade and captuered Dakar. And now is my fleet preparing to bring him to the Gaelics who are attacking my avalon allies. A fun fact is that I originally bribed him and accidentily adopted him. I was going to let him die in a heroic battle, but he did very well and I decided to keep him although he is still unmarried and I denie him adoption to keep my bloodline pure.
    Wow quite a guy, how did u get so many elephants, from the zor recruitment in the city or as mercs?

Those are mercenary elephants. I've got them from the region Abraxas and Baé Eden, I've have a little colony there after I claimed Eden for the true christian knights. If you have patience you will get elephants but also elephant artillery.
    My general tactic is: push you artillery elephants forward and to the side ---> let them shoot for a while ---> let your normal elephants and general walk slowly to the enemy (who are most of the time waiting because I always attack, in the mean while let your numari cav flank them ---> when you are in range of his archers let them run and send your elephant artillery join in in the charge ---> in no time is the enemy crying for his mommy ---> just capture the routers and gain easily experience. Result: minimul losses do to a combination of guns, cannons, charge and elephants.
    More GG, More skill