Thread: usa- presidential dictatorship (victoria)??

Default usa- presidential dictatorship (victoria)??

how did this happen??

there were no anarcho-liberals a couple of turns ago, most people were liberals or conservatives, and the democratic party kept winning cuase for some reason the republican party was a minority party:hmmm:

then all of a sudden
    im a dictatorship

aww, i wanted immigration

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: usa- presidential dictatorship (victoria)??

who just won your elections? Any radical party, be it anarco-liberal or reactionary, will form a presidential dictatorship.

On the bright side, if you manage to get another party in power (basically you have to do reforms in order to get back to a two-party system, and place a conservative or liberal party in charge...it's a little tricky.) you'll be back to a democracy. Not so lucky with constitutional monarchies or monarchies, they'll become democracies after being a presidential dictatorship. Game is a little bugged in that regard, as conservative rebels are supposed to restore monarchies, but don't...

Civitate

I think it's reactionaries who are supposed to restore (or create, if it's the US or wherever) monarchies. I'm sure I've seen it happen (a USA with a king, or maybe it was Texas?) but I haven't played recently, so maybe it changed?
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

whew, okay then, ill do some reforms and get this juggernaut back on track ;D

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Considering that the radical party won the elections I guess that is the reason. Wonderful little elections in Viki. =)
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs