Thread: Medieval II total war launcher

Default Medieval II total war launcher

The launch screen that displays news and polls when you start the game is not working. When I launch the game, the launcher screen comes up and says something about me not having a internet connection. I have a active DSL connection with the firewall turned off. All my other games connect and play fine. Is the news/poll server not online? is there a setting that I have to tweak?

Artetius's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Medieval II total war launcher

They recently screwed up the TotalWar.com Site. You can't access the pages for any of the other games other than Empire: Total War and get sent back to the Empire: Total War Introduction Page when you do. When you try to pull up cache for the page it will send you back also... they should have it fixed soon (only been like this for two weeks).

"The need for sleep is a flaw in your nature. Only inefficient creatures need to be unconscious half their lives."

So, this will effect the loading news/poll screen when you start medieval II?

Artetius's Avatar Tiro

If they successfully messed up the SQL Database for the entire Website, Yes.
    Last edited by Artetius; December 24, 2008 at 03:40 AM.

"The need for sleep is a flaw in your nature. Only inefficient creatures need to be unconscious half their lives."

Quote Originally Posted by Artetius View Post
    If they successfully messed up the SQL Database for the entire Website, Yes.
    can anyone else confirm that their loading page is messed up?

I am also seeing the error on the MTW2 launcher.

Henry IV's Avatar Laetus

me aswell, plus i can't seem to get medieval 2 total war gold edition to load up to the menu either as in the game itself nor play it!, and i get script errors aswell and my internet explorer is IE 8!!, this is starting to P*ss me off big time now, i only got it a few days ago!, you'd think, install game, patch game, play game...but no...there has to be problems!!! >_<

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Henry IV View Post
    me aswell, plus i can't seem to get medieval 2 total war gold edition to load up to the menu either as in the game itself nor play it!, and i get script errors aswell and my internet explorer is IE 8!!, this is starting to P*ss me off big time now, i only got it a few days ago!, you'd think, install game, patch game, play game...but no...there has to be problems!!! >_<
    Do you have a shortcut for the kingdoms games?

Henry IV's Avatar Laetus

Well i have the gold edition which has both medieval 2 total and the expansion kingdoms and it has the crusades,britannia, teutonic americas etc campaigns if thats what your on about...and i can't get any of them to work even though i fully patched it etc..and it cant be a faulty disc or my computer specs!.

H Con's Avatar Senator

The problem is not in the totalwar.com domain, but in SEGA's boards sites. The launcher's still works well for me (apart from the constant SQL error messages) and I use it for a quick selection of Kingdoms campaigns and mods (after all, the Kingdoms icons look like they're for Win98)
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

Henry IV's Avatar Laetus

Well thats the wierd thing, i can load upto the launcher, i click on play..it goes to a black screen..after a few seconds it says "unspecified Error, this will now exit" or some crap like that...does it with the other campaigns too...so now i cant even have my first game on ME2TW

Indefinitely Banned

Well thats the wierd thing, i can load upto the launcher, i click on play..it goes to a black screen..after a few seconds it says "unspecified Error, this will now exit" or some crap like that...does it with the other campaigns too...so now i cant even have my first game on ME2TW
    That was happening to me all the time one time, so I reinstalled them. Have you reinstalled them?

Try this - go to your M2 folder and find the [medieval2.exe] and make a shortcut to it (right-click on it and choose "Create Shortcut"). Next, drag this shortcut out to the Desktop. Use this to launch the game. If this doesn't work then you have a deeper problem that needs to be solved.

The launcher is broken. That is just the long and short of it. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Like people have said, the problem is with the SEGA boards. As much as I enjoy these polls, it doesn't really matter now does it?
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

I have the same exact problem

Quote Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
    Try this - go to your M2 folder and find the [medieval2.exe] and make a shortcut to it (right-click on it and choose "Create Shortcut"). Next, drag this shortcut out to the Desktop. Use this to launch the game. If this doesn't work then you have a deeper problem that needs to be solved.

The launcher is broken. That is just the long and short of it. Good luck!

THIS WORKED FOR ME THANKS!
    -Medieval II Launcher Error