Thread: CTD on Rebel Turn

Default CTD on Rebel Turn

Hello. Lovely mod, by the way. My favorite one, to be sure.

Well, let's see...I've started a Roman Campaign. Tis Winter 263, and every time I end my turn, when it gets to the Rebels the faction turn symbols pop back over to Thrace and wham-o...CTD.

I've tried a few of the fixes I came across here for other people's games, like turning off autosave and such. I have re-modded a few things, but nothing overly major I would think. Things like added an Order Bonus to Law for all Barracks, remade Decius Mus into Decius Silvanus (changed the script file to give him the starter army as well), um...some simple changes in the desc_strat file too.

Anyways, I'd like to keep this campaign going if possible. Only one I've managed to do well with the Romans thus far. haha

Thanks in advance for any advice/fixes.
    ~Z

Sorry, needed to add I'm using version 5.8.4
    Last edited by Zjera; December 24, 2008 at 01:42 AM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: CTD on Rebel Turn

Zjera: It's hard to say what the problem might be. What sort of changes did you make to descr_strat.txt?

Well, I actually reinstalled XGM anyways, so no changes now. ^^ However, before I did, I noticed on my Rome save that was bugged, there was an army outside Messana, but with no units in it. I could move the army and when I placed it inside a town, it would disappear. No clue what that was about, but I figure that was the problem.

Thanks anyways though.

~Z

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

That is pretty weird. Maybe just a save that got corrupted.