Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bribery mod

i know that many times throughout my RTW experiences that i have wanted to make my enemy's armies go away through bribing them, but i also wanted more. i wanted the enemy units to join my faction and shove them back im my enemy's faces. well with this mod, it is finally possible!!

with help of epistolary richard over at the .ORG i have been able to adjust the RTW files to allow you to actually purchase the enemy armies.

here is a copy of the readme:

BRIBERY MOD V1.0

the purpose of this Rome: Total War modification is to allow the player to actually purchase the enemy units in a bribe.
    you will find that this mod adds a completely new aspect to the game, it will allow you to turn an enemy army upon its once leader.
    the peasants have been left alone, so you will NOT be able to gain peasant units if you bribe them.

known problems
    Missing skins or sprites - Many of the changes in descr_model_battle involved telling the game which texture and sprite to look at for each model for each faction.
    This has not had to be done for every model (thankfully) but from my experience it's sometimes a little fickle. If textures or sprites fail to appear (the model is white or suddenly disappears at a certain distance) some success has been achieved by defining the texture/sprite for every faction.
    Be wary of knock-on effects though as many models are used across different factions.
    ** this modification will allow you to make all of the R:TW units in a custom battle **

please not that this modification changes critical game files, and all files that it replaces should be backed-up before installation

this rar or zip file contains three things:

the 'export_descr_unit.txt' file
    the 'descr_model_battle.txt' file
    and unit cards

to install:

1. copy export_descr_unit.txt and paste it over the one in your rome directory

2. copy descr_model_battle.txt and paste it over the one in your rome directory

3a. create a folder in your rome directory entitled 'UI'

3b. create 20 (twenty) folders in your 'UI' folder
    3c. rename one of the folders for each of the following factions:
    ARMENIA
    BRITONS
    CARTHAGE
    DACIA
    EGYPT
    GAULS
    GERMAN
    GREEK_CITIES
    MACEDON
    NUMIDIA
    PARTHIA
    PONTUS
    ROMANS_BRUTII
    ROMANS_JULII
    ROMANS_SCIPII
    ROMANS_SENATE
    SCYTHIA
    SELEUCID
    SPAIN
    THRACE
    3d. copy and paste all of the files in the unit cards folder into EVERY one of the folders that you created

i would like to graciously thank Epistolary Richard for coming around with the unit cards.
    i would also like to thank the CA for creating this great game for all of us to play

enjoy!
    stichmaster1 3/29/2005

download at:
    http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/briberymod.zip

i hope you like it as much as i do, if you have any problems PM them to me

thanks
    stichmaster1

P.S. if you wish to download this, please send me an email at stich0602@aol.com so that i can track the download hits, thanks again
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    In my honorable opinion, :wub: CA - Siblesz
    </td></tr></table><div class='signature'>

awesome idea, always wondered why this wasn&#39;t the norm, some questions before I d/l though, do the skins get glitched when you bribe non native units and enter the battlemap? or do they use their normal skin?

they use the normal skins, but i just realized i skipped quite a few units that will need to be updated, so if you download this, dont worry an update is coming soon
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

alrighty :cool

also this is probably only compatible for 1.2 clean, right?

yes, at the moment, but when im done with the update and im back at school, im going to write a java program that will take the .cas, the sprites, and the textures and make a whole file for mods to use with theirs

If you could get this to work with RTR I would be :w00t
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

if i can get in contact with the RTR guys and get a list of the features i need, when im done with this, and making the program to assist in future versions (expansion pack & mods) i will definately create a version of this for the RTR team to use

any news?

<-- willing to help

i got the program to work (java code) and am going to start using it when i have less stuff to do at school, as i have no java compiler at home :sad it should be out sooon though, i only have about 60 units left to finish off...

mike: if you have a java code compiler and software to go with it, ill send you the code so you can help, other than that there isnt much anybody can do

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

If you want to make an RTR-compatible version, you&#39;ll need our unit cards/info, DMB.txt, and EDU.txt. Unfortunately, to get those you&#39;d have to download our entire mod—5.2+5.3+5.4, fifty megabytes or more in total. The unit cards/info are ten megabytes RARd, so you may as well get the whole package. You can use WinRAR to pick out what you need without executing the EXEs, so you don&#39;t have to actually install it. Also, you may want to include eastsidehighrise&#39;s sprites in your package.

Oh, and does this still have the problem of factions getting the wrong units in custom battles?

-Simetrical
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

first off, on the rtw note, if i can get a hold of your guys&#39; dmb file and edu file, that is all i need, i might be able to get them from one of the other people. with the program i developed, you enter one sprite, one texture, the models, and the other info for the dmb folder, and it displays the dmb section with all of the factions having the files you entered. i wouldnt need your guys&#39; unit cards as those are related to the dictionary names which will not undergo any change for this. if members of the rtr team would like to contact me about the bribery mod, they can do so by pm.

the custom battles are still screwed, and im not sure there is a way around it.

Fully Sick Mod Man&#33;&#33;
    It is a lot more realsitic&#33; Complements To THe Creater&#33;

thanks thelord, but there will be an update when i have a free weekend to finish off the dmb file

What will be in the update? *wink*

more units for more factions, and faction information cards

OW Sweat Stuff&#33;&#33;&#33;
    More Units&#33;

I think this mod should be included in RTR 6.0 Shall I recommond for it to be put in 6.0
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Well I would It Would Spread The mod around&#33; *wink*

i can get to work on the files if i can get in communication with the RTR people, so if they wish to contact me, do it here

I will contact Them To But there is one bug in the mod

I will fix it and post the Patch v1 For You If You want..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast