Thread: Uninstall Bug found affecting 77 BC and 58 BC Installers on FRRE CD-Rom v1.0

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Uninstall Bug found affecting 77 BC and 58 BC Installers on FRRE CD-Rom v1.0

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!

12/23/2008: I have discovered a bug on the F.R.R.E CD-rom v1.0 in the 58 BC and 77 BC installers' uninstall routine!

If you use the uninstaller to uninstall the 58 BC or 77 BC FRRE mods, it will delete your RomeTW-BI.exe file!

(UPDATE: 12/27/2008) A New F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 with fixed installers (no uninstall bug) and the latest hot fixes for 58 B.C. has been uploaded and is available here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...39#post3426239

Uninstall Notes for FRRE CD-rom v1.0 Users:

There are two ways to work around this issue.

Work Around 1. Manually delete the mod folders from your RTW folder and manually delete the shortcuts.

Work Around 2. Make a back-up of your RomeTW-BI.exe file. Once you have the back-ups, uninstall the Mods using the uninstaller and then simply replace the missing RomeTW-BI.exe file with the back-up you made.

There is a third option too, never uninstall FRRE and play it until you die, LOL

AND PLEASE don't let this stop any of you from enjoying these fine Mods!

I'm very sorry for this oversight and hope I have not caused anyone any undue stress.

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; December 27, 2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Updated information

Default Re: Uninstall Bug found affecting 77 BC and 58 BC Installers

In fact, we wanted to make sure that nobody ever uninstalled our mods.

Seriously speaking, just do as Hip says: if you want to remove the mod just delete the 58BC or 77BC folders and then the shortcuts.

And, Hip, do not worry too much about this. After all, I have a thread devoted to bugs made by me. Even Bill Gates makes mistakes (many, in fact). You have greatly contributed to this project and we expect to count on you for many more mods.

Problem solved, thread unstuck. And closed.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; December 27, 2008 at 05:46 PM.