Thread: Amazon - Total War

Default Amazon - Total War

Hi esteemed Rome TW Players, i have found it some hours ago and still playing. Mod adds three Amazon factions and a Sarmatia Faction. Rome is unified by leadership of Senate. Pontus Removed. 29 New Regions, new features for Barbarian Tribes (e.g stone wall, large city etc) and much more. Writings blove are not mine, from Strategy Informer: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...html?details=1

Amazon Total War is a partial conversion for Rome Total war version 1.5 or
    Barbarian Invasion version 1.6. There are separate versions of the game for each
    executable. It uses the mod:switch option, so it will not interfere with any of
    your original game files. Be sure you apply it to a clean install of RTW, as you
    may experience ctd's when entering battles if not.

ATW adds three new Amazon factions to the game: Amazonia, New Amazonia, and the
    Gorgons. These belong to a new culture, that of the Amazons, with new units,
    generals, retinue members, and traits just for them. My inspiration for this was
    the Amazons of legend, and I have tried to keep everything in the mod in the
    spirt of those legends. So just as legend has it, the Amazons are outstanding
    archers and horsewomen. They also fight in the standard greek hoplite style, as
    well as having some troops using the sagaris, an axe that was a signature weapon
    of the Amazons (and where calling a woman an "old battle-axe" comes from). As
    the Amazons were not known to be sailors of any repute, I have limited them to
    recruiting biremes and triremes.

As the Amazons were reputed to be the progenitors of the Sarmatian people, I
    have also created a new Sarmatian faction, occupying their ancestral homelands
    between the Don and Volga rivers. I have tried to emulate their close ties by
    making Amazonia and Scythia begin the game as Allies. While New Amazonia and the
    Sarmatians begin as allies as well. I have also made Sarmatian mercenaries
    recruitable in Amazonia, as well as Amazon mercs recruitable across the
    steppes.

While all Generals are female, the spies, assassins, and diplomats remain male
    by design. These men would be specially recruited from the Amazons courtesan
    class of men, or from men in foreign lands. The reason being that in the world
    outside of Amazonia men can move far more easily through society than women can.
    Due to the constraints of the game's hard coding, they will all have female
    names however.

But Amazons and are not all that is different in ATW. The original game map has
    been modified by the inclusion of 29 new territories. Most of them are located
    in North Africa, the Steppe, and the mountains of Armenia. Scythia has been
    moved to its more historically accurate starting position in the Crimea and
    lower Ukraine. It has also undergone a large change in its unit roster, now
    having many more infantry units of better quality than before. This reflects the
    effects of their having become partially sedentary at the time the game begins.

Every Barbarian faction now has a 4th tier of development. All factions now
    have a Law temple. There are many new units, including Onagers for all
    Barbarians. Maiden Axes have been added to Britannia and Gaul. Chosen Slingers
    added to Britannia, Carthage, and Iberia. Dacia now has Chosen Falxmen. Gaul and
    Germania have regular Archer Warbands. Mercenary Cretan Archers and Rhodian
    Slingers are now recruitable by the Hellenic factions from their home islands.
    Scutarii are now recruitable by Carthage. Elephants and Noble Cavalry have been
    added to Numidia, Noble Cavalry to Iberian, and Heavy Cavalry have been added to
    the Greek Cities. Thrace has had a dramatic make-over as well, gaining new units
    such as Thracian Peltasts, Thracian Infantry, and Thracian Nobles, new temples
    such as to Sabazios and Kotys, and more.

In addition I have tweaked the stats of many units, such as increasing the
    range and damage of all Slingers, reducing the attack of Warhounds, and
    increasing the attack and defense of Iberian Infantry and Equites, and increased
    the defense of Naked Fanatics. Many factions have had their unit recruitment
    trees altered, with most temple units now being recruitable from a regular
    barracks instead.

The game's corruption triggers have been changed so as not to kick in until
    your treasury reaches 100,000 and 150,000 denarii respectively. So you do not
    have to worry as much about making too much money.

Every faction has a Legendary Artifact associated with it. Each is unique, and
    had can only be possessed by a member of its parent faction. These artifacts are
    represented in the game as retinue members, and give their holders very
    significant bonuses. If lost through character death there is a random chance
    they will reappear later in the game.
    Here are screens, i have taken from the mod

If you want more screens just post here, but you should try this beautiful mod.

Default Re: Amazon - Total War

Thank you for info, I have seen it before but never tried it, it has really nice looking units.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

It is great, also there has been a BI 1.6 version released recently on the Guild with a bunch of new goodies.

Thanks for letting us know. Might be something I'll have to try out when I get home from work.

This mod is awesome
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Everyone should try this mod,it's great.I love playing with women's factions,they are equal to everybody even to Romans.But everyone should try Sarmatians they are strong very strong and their cavalry rocks-they are like Huns in BI!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

That's because most of their roster is taken from the Sarmatians in BI
    I liked playing as the red Amazons in Asia Minor

Indefinitely Banned

they should have made the amazons at least prettier

Sunday213's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Nuada View Post
    they should have made the amazons at least prettier
    Ancient Beauty and Modern Beauty are two totally different things.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I've played this before and it's definitely a must-try mod.

Wow, thank you for posting this Matricaria. I have been meaning to come here to TWC to start an ATW topic for a while now. I have just been so busy working on the mod itself, and putting a footprint at other sites, I have not gotten around to it. Looks like you beat me to it!

I had no idea Strategy Informer hosted me. And my the downloads! I will have to thank them too.

Give me a day or two, and I will start another Amazon: Total War topic (so I can update the Original Post), and keep it updated with my progress. Until then you can follow ATW at Mod Realms http://www.modrealms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42 or at TW.Org http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...=110072&page=3