Thread: EB2 voicemods

Icon5 EB2 voicemods

What voicemods does everyone want in EB2? I think a voicemod for hayasdan and one of the steppe factions would be good.

Default Re: EB2 voicemods

I'd kill to hear me some proto-Germanic, or some Dacian. This would be kind of revolutionary - the first use of these languages in any game. I think it'd be very significant, and a step forward in combining academia and intellect with computer games.

Enter upon the road to the Holy Sepulchre; wrest that land from the wicked race, and subject it to yourselves. [...] -Pope Urban II

Yeah, I would like too see dacian as well, proto-germanic is already in EB.

Icon3 Re: EB2 voicemods

Voicemods for Armenia and the steppe factions have been planned, although I don't know how much work has been done on these. It's unlikely we'll be seeing a Dacian/Thracian voicemod though. We simply don't know enough about this language to reconstruct it.

Icon5 Re: EB2 voicemods

In the first release of EBII are we going to have any voicemods or will we have to wait to a later release fo that?
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

There is a preview which includes information on the Proto-Germanic voicemod here (I couldn't find the TWC equivalent, I'm afraid).

I Am Herenow
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; December 28, 2008 at 08:13 AM.

How about a Pahlavi voicemod for Parthia?

(I'd be willing to have a go at recording it, Middle Persian is VERY similar to modern Persian, the main difference being a few sound changes and lots of Arabic loanwords, as well as the new alphabet of course)

Quote Originally Posted by daryush View Post
    How about a Pahlavi voicemod for Parthia?
    They already have one in EB.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    They already have one in EB.
    Really?
    Cool I shall check it out once I get RTW (again - my CD must have been damaged so can't reinstall it )

Quote Originally Posted by daryush View Post
    Really?
    Cool I shall check it out once I get RTW (again - my CD must have been damaged so can't reinstall it )
    I don't know which version of EB it was first included on, so get the latest version of EB (1.1 with 1.2 patch).

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

People shouldn't ask for something which is already there

Pahlavan is already in EB1
    Proto-Germanic had a small hiatus from EB1 as it was removed due to some translation errors. It's coming back to EB2.

Dacian is never going to happen in EB1 or EB2. Unless someone unearths a great Dacian rosetta stone.

Languages of steppe factions are also very sketchy and I don't have any expectations to see them conceived for either EB1 or EB2.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

I think Hayasdan does need one, im Armenian myself, EOR will have one but if EBII makes one theres no point of making 2

I think a steppe language can still be theoretically reconstructed using Ossetian, which is attested as related to the Indo-Scythian proto-language and claims even a direct ancestry to it.

Not mentioning that the Steppe names are distinctly diverse from the Pahlavi ones, which means some sort of reconstruction was probably used for them.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Perhaps using Soghdian for the Skythians? I heard somewhere that the Skythians may be related to the Soghdians, and apparently there may be quite a lot about it.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Oh yes, for the Sauromatae there are potentials in using Ossetic, of the Iron dialect.

But finding and recruiting someone willing to the job would be an almost full-time job.

For the Saka-Rauka, there is potential in using Khotanese Saka and Pashto.

But now we are the very edge of what is possible. Dacian is well outside the realm of the possible.

Hayasdan is inside the realm of possibility, and is probably the most likely to be executed.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Icon7 Re: EB2 voicemods

I read on this website that Baktria had its own language.

Here's a link, http://linguistlist.org/forms/langs/...n.cfm?code=xbc

Icon3 Re: EB2 voicemods

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    I read on this website that Baktria had its own language.
    There is no doubt that Bactrians would have had their own language, but at this point in time the ruling class was Hellenic and would have spoken Greek.