Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bug & Errors report thread

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Bug & Errors report thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    I don't know if anyone reported it, but when I exit the RoG I have error message... It is not critical, but it is annoying.
    Yes I just did... just before your post see:
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Script error in rog/data/descr_sm_faction.txt, at line 23, column 30

file: "descr_sm_faction.txt": m_horde_max_percent_army_stack should be in range 0-100!

trade resources are not on strat map. So income is very low..

That exit error has been solved and it doesn't affect the game. Big Pacha, that is probably because your faction leader died. Perhaps you forgot to give a heir. (as it starts without one, I think)

Ostrogoth, I know, it is planned to add them in further versions.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

I loaded your MOD and it worked fine. I finished playing for the day and saved it. I exited. Next day I decided to play again. I loaded the game from the menu. I clicked on my save game and then it starts to load then CTD to desktop. I reboot and try again and nothing. I try the Autosave and does the same thing.. any ideas?

endel2005, sometimes the saves get corrupted. Try reloading a earlier save.

First thx for the Mod, great factions ans atmosphere.

But - i guess following the problem of the removed ressources - I´m having massive truoble with Population.

Because there is no Basic population income (only that from the buildings) it is massively hard to prevent the cities from becoming ghost towns. I like to play on maximum unit size, so i always run out of citizens.
    I guess there is no quick way to fix this (unless doing the map again and programming basic growth) but its in my eyes an major problem.

Anyways, thx for modding and reading my remarks

edit:
    Another Problem:

When Burgunds became a horde, they intend to crush the game. When they turn after they got homless, i have a CTD. IS there anything i can do?
    Last edited by Berak Eisenfaust; March 14, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

I didn't saw your edit, sorry. I had a similar issue with the Langobardi, I think you can only go back and try to alter something (send a diplomat, and give them money). Also, sometimes there is a bug when some faction makes fall a city, so you have to go to the past (a previous save ) and try to avoid it. The easiest is use the command add_money and with a diplomat bribe the army that is going to attack the city. I'am afraid there isn't much more to do about it, except maybe altering the horde stats on descr_sm_factions.txt.

Its not the horde, i figured it put. Its an Army with an captain as an unit in it. When it joins another army it crushes the game.

I treid to change something but nothing worked...well i´ll have to start a new game then...

Sometimes the armies get doubled, and when they do something the game crashes. If it is early on the campaign, better restart, if it is late try bribing the army.

Okay, well i`ll see i reastarted with burgundy.

Thanks for the support, anyway.

Kdssow's Avatar Civis

I get a CTD when Frissian Campaign has finished loading.
    Someone having the same problem ?!

EDIT: I can't play any campaign at all!!!!

ANOTHER EDIT: I get an CTD during Custom battles at about every 2 minutes of Custom battle playing. o.O
    Last edited by Kdssow; April 24, 2010 at 06:24 AM.

Good day to you all and first of all i want to say that this mod is one of the best i have played,
    BUT i have a problem when i play as the berbers (i am a berber) it starts okay and than for a couple of turns everything is okay and than it just CRASHES and when i load the game it starts again good, but after 3 or 4 turns i crashes Again.

do you know what the problem is and would you come up with a solution for it.

Many ThX
    Al-Charif The Berber/Amazigh from the Rif Mountains
    MY PEOPLE, MY PRIDE, MY DESTINY:
    IMAZIGHEN - The Free Nation.
    life Free or die fighting for it.

Kdssow, have you been able to play some campaign at all? if not is a problem of the install. About the custom battles... you say that after 2 minutes of battle it crashes? that is most unusual. This happens with all the factions?

Al-charif, thanks, glad you liked the mod. About the crashing, I think you will have to restart the campaign. You could try to see if something happens on that turn, like a city falls or some faction goes horde, and try to avoid it happening.

hi i have 2 problems

1st: many times as the WRE the game crash after a handful of turns but the real problem is that when i restart the game and go to "continue campaign" it crashes when it finishes loading.

2nd: the Jutes campaign dont work, it loads and crashes before it shows the map. other campaigns work others dont. im re-downloading it again to see if it fixes the problem

other than that the game is super cool and diverse which i love.

ummm.... i found more problems after i re downloaded it

alot of factions dont work
    Jutes
    Suebi
    Thuringians
    Saxons
    Alamannii
    Visigoths
    Vandels
    Franks
    frisians
    Ostrogoths
    Romano-British
    Burgindii
    WRE
    K of O
    Rugians and
    lumbards
    it loads and crashes
    only Anglians Picts Slavs and berbers work
    the game crashes before i get to end my turn while i was the Angles

i love the game but with so many bugs i just hope there is a solution
    Last edited by juanpablo; May 22, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Hi, I think that you have some problem with the install or with Barbarian Invasion, as all factions should work or none, only 4 factions working is crazy. What's your windows version?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I Downloaded this mod but It came up with corrupted files. It was an RAR and I've been having trouble with RARs...
    It did the same for BRG III, but that's another forum.

The download has one corrupted file, but it doesn't affect the gameplay. Maybe try downloading a newer version of WinRar, or another program that opens rar.s (like 7-zip, I think).

Foederatus

ok great piece of work really appreciated ... also no problem installing etc but playing as thuringians i wonder why my king is called a khan (thuringians are not asian nomads) and even more important: why can i not build pagan germanic temples but only steppe people temples. i think you missed that part somehow. hopefully the other eastgermanic factions are portrayed more scandinavian instead of asian
    Last edited by Thiudimir2241; November 14, 2010 at 07:35 AM.

Thiudimir, yes, that is a known error, as the Thuringians were made on top of the Huns. Although is strange because I thought I fixed the temples issue.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast