Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bug & Errors report thread

Default Bug & Errors report thread

If you find some bug/error (I hope not ) please report it in this thread. It will be solved the fastest possible, and when enough modifications have been made it will be released a patch in the Download Links thread.

Known Errors/Bugs;

The Kingdom of Odoacer, Visigoths and Vandals have too much power.
    The UI cards do not fit well in the battle menu.
    The Berserkers should only be recruitable on temples.
    The Temples for some factions are incorrect.
    The Frisians, Angles and Thuringians have wrong names for the kings/princes/some other traits.
    Equites Stablesiani should not be available in Custom Battle for Rugians.
    Some text maybe in Spanish.
    Some units haven’t got a proper description.
    There is missing the descriptions for the new factions, both of the campaign and of the custom battle.
    For some reason sometimes appear Frank Rebels in Tripolitania (Libya).
    The hordes do not dissolve when settling anywhere (help on this will be appreciated ).

Note; All factions should be able to recruit some unit in any region. If you play with some faction and discover that you can't train units in a region, please report it.
    Last edited by Boz; December 21, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Default Re: Bug & Errors report thread

I downloaded your mod a few hours ago and was having a lot of fun with the Slavs--but I had a persistent Runtime Error around Spring 488--it happened in the Roman Empire's turn. I haven't had a chance to see if this only happens when I'm playing the Slavs or if it happens with all factions.

There were some random CTD's, but I got around them by restarting from saved games.

There was some Spanish text in the historical notes--like St. Patrick. This was actually fun, since I haven't read Spanish in a long while!

Anyhow, thanks for a great mod!

roge, and even if you reload the CTD persist? try to restart the computer, and try it another time. In my games, when I have persistent CTD, I try to change all the possible things. I move armies out of settlement, and also characters, or I build units, or I attack someone, and after doing it the CTD disappears. If even with this it isn't solved, try to continue a previous saved game, of 2-3 turnes before.

The historical notes will be modified (added new ones, etc) when I get some spare time.

I'll give this a try. I hope it works, because I really like the mod!

I tried reloading the game with the Slavs, but it still didn't work.:hmmm: But I hadn't saved the game manually, only with autosave. Maybe that had something to do with it?

I've switched to a new campaign with the Picts; everything is going smoothly and the gameplay is a lot of fun! Though the Picts have some Armenian traits...

Mmm, I suppose that the autosave was corrupted. With the picts try to save manually sometimes. About the Picts I know, and also some buildings are eastern... I hope to solve it in a patch.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, I found your modification, and was running her first trouble .."unable to find skeleton fs_slinger_new" . How do I solve this problem?

Mmm.. when it happened this to you? I suppose that going to battle. Tell me what slinger units were in that battle, if they were at all. It's strange, because this error was fixed long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Mmm.. when it happened this to you? I suppose that going to battle. Tell me what slinger units were in that battle, if they were at all. It's strange, because this error was fixed long time ago.
    Yes the fact is that this is the first time you start modifying, at the very beginning. I found your modification, and press Start. So after downloading the first pictures of your modifications, an error occurs, and here shows that the inscription, which I showed you. I did not even get into the window interface of choice factions. :hmmm:

Eh... I don't see very clearly what you're trying to explain. The error occurs before getting to the main menu? or when choosing a faction? if you have downloaded the mod by megaupload, have you follow the steps shown on the instructions inside the zip archive?

By the way, I think the game it can't crash for missing a skeleton if you dont fight a 3d battle...

Eh... I don't see very clearly what you're trying to explain. The error occurs before getting to the main menu? or when choosing a faction? if you have downloaded the mod by megaupload, have you follow the steps shown on the instructions inside the zip archive?

By the way, I think the game it can't crash for missing a skeleton if you dont fight a 3d battle...
    All already in order, thank you. I have installed his(its) not in separate play of the versions RTW 1.6, but in the general directory, where already cost(stand)s the modification IBFD and RIO. And he has earned.

While going into a battle against the Frisians I get the following error:

failed to find texture 'rog/data/models_unit/textures/BI_horse_medium_sassanids.tga

BTW, that Frisian army is weird. Sometimes it's only partially visible on the campaign map, sometimes it's completely invisible.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

Can you tell me what units were in that frisian army? and the other bug... you're saying that in the campaign map sometimes disappear the strat captain?

I autoresolved that battle, so I can't tell you exactly what units were in that army (and now my save is corrupt...). I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the native Frisian units since I fought a custom battle against the whole Frisian roster and everything was ok.

I remember that the Frisian army had a couple of very small (5-man or so) units of Thuringian swordsmen (?) without a unit card (they used that generic peasant/slave/whatever grey unit card with knife instead). I tested the Thuringian roster, and they don't have anything like that, their roster is ok as well.

I'm quite certain it was those rogue units that were the cause of the problem.

Oh, and the army was invisible. My city was besieged out of nowhere, the siege stakes
    came up, but no besieging army appeared. It only appeared a few turns later, but without a standard. Weird.

EDIT: And I've just found another weird bug. I was testing the faction rosters in custom battles, and every time I try to fight as the Saxons against the Jutes, I get a CTD during the battle loading screen. Strangely enough, I can use both factions in other battles, but not against each other...

EDIT 2: WTF, it works now...
    Last edited by Visitor13; February 08, 2009 at 03:50 AM.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

The "invisible armies" are a known bug that appear sometimes in nearly all RTW BI mods.
    Somebody have experienced the same errors that Visitor13?

The "invisible armies" are a known bug that appear sometimes in nearly all RTW BI mods.
    Somebody have experienced the same errors that Visitor13?
    This maybe the result of the clone portrait...but not sure. It happens when at the start of the game if a named character general isn't placed in a family tree..They sometimes split and a sort of ghost appears..an army without a banner etc...creepy huh?. I'm downloading your mod and great work putting this together Boz and team. Its a great era

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Uh... I think I've made some generals not in the family tree. So there isn't any way to make a general and not getting this "phantom" armies? thanks for downloading my mod Riothamus, it's an honour to me.

I have been unable to start campaigns for the Frankish, Kingdom of Odovacar, Vandals, Visigoths, and Burgundi campaigns.

I was able to start one as the Romano British, so I doubt it is the installation.

No error messages, just a CTD once the load bar hits the end point.

Hi guys,
    @Boz: this is a very good mod,I like very much RoG.
    But I have a Problem:I try a campaign with WRE and the game crashes at 508 d.C.,but sometimes could happen..
    I have a campaign with Romano-Britones too and this campaign always crash at 506 d.C.
    What is my problem?

Thanks

misplacedgeneral, its very strange your problem. Have you tried to fight custom battles? they work for you?

Claudio II Gothic, sometimes the campaigns get at one point that they always crash. I recommend you to load 1 or 2 years before and try to do different things, moving armies, recruiting units, etc, and then try another time to pass that year. If the error persists, try loading previous games until you find the one that works, because those factions have been tested and the CTD appears because something goes wrong in the campaign.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast