Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments & Suggestions

Default Comments & Suggestions

You can post here the comments and suggestions about the mod. Feel free to suggest anything, like "the romans have too many settlements", or "you should include that x unit from that x mod" or whatever.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Default Re: Comments & Suggestions

Great Work Boz

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Amazing mod! Congratulations!!!! + rep
    Last edited by Hereje; December 21, 2008 at 02:36 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

preview

My congrats to the release.

I didn't notice the existence of this project, afaik. I give you the permission of the mentioned/used ChivTW material now afterwards with this post ... although i'm not sure which material this is.

Is is modfoldered? And is this mod stable? Then i will give this mod soon a go on my computer ... i had recently enough trouble with unstable mods (last version of ChivTW 0.98 ...lol.. now finally solved with the version 0.99).

Wish you much luck
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Da Vinci, it's not 100 % reliable, I recommend you to save every 8-10 turns, because CTD are possible. Yes, it is modfoldered. About ChivTw, I'am using models that Quetzalcoatl used to reskin and make Saxon Swordsmen and Thegn units, and I suppose he had authorization and I had authorization from him, so I suppose I'am authorized .

Boz, thanks for the mod.
    But have one really bad suggestion - your strat map has no resources at all. Is it alright?
    Last edited by alexx726; December 23, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

True! I delete them all for be able to cut the map, and forgotten all about it. Perhaps I will reinclude them in future patches.

AMBASZ's Avatar Libertus

Outstanding work!

Great concept, the only thing missing in my opinion, are traits like: Magister Militum, Rex Francorum, etc...
    This would give the mod a lot of more depth, maybe an idea for a next version?

I like this mod. However I think that the units costs along with that of some buildings is too high.
    Moreover the uprising is too easy to happen.
    Could you rearrange those things?

The cost of the units it is according with all the other things, so change it would be a major task. But rearrange the cost of the buildings is fairly easy, in the next version will be done.

Can you tell me in what regions have you found the uprising too common?

odd i was makeing alot of money as odovacers faction. like i could rebuild the roman army in like a few turns may i suggjest you increase the recrutment time of the roman troops and pay so it will keep the barbarians making cheap trible units great game I had alot of fun I just wish it was the whole map? other then that great job BOZ
    the world can love you or kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    The cost of the units it is according with all the other things, so change it would be a major task. But rearrange the cost of the buildings is fairly easy, in the next version will be done.

Can you tell me in what regions have you found the uprising too common?
    Well I have played the WRE mostly. I found the gaul regions mostly.
    Another note. When Odoacer took over Romolus Augustulus the WRE ended to exist. So it's strange to have the empire with regions so scattered around.
    If you would like to have a WRE faction may I suggest to make them as a single enity in the dalmatian area or gaul one. Woudl save the unity of the faction and the playability as a partial historical accuracy.:hmmm:

trent, I've tried to make Odoacer less powerful by all types of measures, and I think little more can be done about it. If I increase the recruitment time of the roman units, they will simply get more mercenaries.

Emperor Domitianus, I had to choose between have Rugians or the Kingdom of Soissons, and I preferred the Rugians. If I make them in Gaul or Dalmatia only, the other factions will take advatange of this and conquer instantly the rebel provinces...

Thanks for your comments.

Yes I got the point. However as the situation for the faction as it is, it's really unplayable for that regions. Nearly impossible to retreat as many units as possible not to mention that any try for a depserate resistance is condamned to fail.
    If you put more rebel provinces, you could make them stronger with active rebels.

Could you add Arab units to the Arab faction? Currently the Arabs have faces of European barbarians, and the troops are Germanic. It just doesn't match.

ThePianist, Arabs? do you mean the berbers? the berbers have the faces correctly, and they haven't got germanic units besides the recruitables in conquered regions. Otherwise, you're refering to the Suebians that in some text they are named as "Moors"?.

Maybe it would be better for the land bridge at the Gibraltar to removed, to force the armies of the Visigoths northwards and make a showdown with Soissons, Burgundians or the Franks instead of taking over Africa from the vandals.

?

Mmm, it's so long since I made the mod that I don't remember why I left it. Perhaps I thought that the visigoths needs to have more enemies so they aren't so powerful, but it is highly ahistorical that they conquer africa. I will thought about changing it in a updated version!

Oh and the character portraits also.
    To fit the period.

A good mod but the main map seems too plain. Perhaps using sets from other mods to give it more deep and using Tactical Map accesories from other mods of the same time line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast