Thread: Wrong disc?

Icon13 Wrong disc?

K so i downloaded retrofit 1.0 and the grand unit addon. I run it from medieval 2-> mods->retrofit->medieval2_retrofit.bat

Then it says I have the wrong disc? I am using disc 1 of medieval 2 total war gold edition. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong or what i need to do to fix this?

Default Re: Wrong disc?

By the way i am using kingdoms patch 1.5 because the grand unit mod told me to do so

Clean your disk by gently rubbing it with a slightly dampened, soft kitchen towel. (That's how I do it, at least)

To put it simply, my friend, it's highly unlikely that the mod caused the problem.

Hope this helps!

Civis

I have a similar problem. I have downloaded CC2 fine, but when I try and run it I get this:

Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "Kingdoms" CD/DVD.
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information.

I am using M2TW Gold and have 1.5 installed. I have tried cleaning the disc too. Any suggestions?

you play it with kingdoms disc
    I admire your luck, Mr...?

Bond..James Bond

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bond View Post
    you play it with kingdoms disc
    Thats the thing, if you buy m2tw gold you dont get seperate discs.

You get disc 1 and disc 2, and you use disc 1 to play normally.

Late reply but while googling i saw this thread and it looked like my problem, I had a CTD whenever I launched medieval.exe but after reinstalling i found out that with the compatibility mode on windows 2000 it would actually start running. only problem is it gives the following message:
    Cannot locate the DVD-ROM

Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application
    [OK]

I've tried cleaning the disc and updating and downgrading my drivers but it just won't help, could anyone tell me what's wrong or give me another option which could help?

Is this an issue running one of the mods in this sub-forum (Retrofit, CCM2, etc) or a problem with your M2TW in general? If it is not directly mod related, you might need to ask in the M2TW technical help sub forum:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270

I haven't tried running M2 in windows 2000 compatibility mode and am unsure what could cause this issue. Have you tried running it as administrator? Hopefully someone experienced with win 2000 compatibility mode can offer better advice.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

ah sorry I didn't notice this was a mod part of the forum cause I dropped in from google.
    it ain't mod related so I'll be switching to the correct part soon and put this over there.
    And yes I'm running it in administrator mode.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10896806 this is for my problem if you can help me