Thread: Wales Roman Influence?

Default Wales Roman Influence?

Will Wales have some roman-brithish influence as you guys must know Wales was the last kingdom of Roman-British the mythical people of King Arthur in fact welsh was name given by the saxons that in germanic means foreigner , roman or outsider comes from walsh but welsh call themselfs britons but my question was well they have some roman influence in this game romano-brithish had roman influence a kind of sub-roman so I guess later "Wales" preserve that influence I think you guys make a mistake I check the units of Wales and saw celtic berseker in times they still had those type of units?I know Wales had some celtic influence britons were pretty much celtic but romanized after the decline of roman empire and the 410 some part of roman legions left britain they were invaded by picts on north scots(irish) in shores of the west so they call saxons as mercenaries to help them alas the saxons were even worse than the picts and scots as they star having kingdoms themselfs and a lot of migrations of saxons came.In end they were almost total defeat just preserve what is now Wales and Cornwall but I guess they still preserved that roman influence I think you guys should put some part of that culture in faction of Wales and replace for the "classical celtic" culture as Scotland as in matter of fact in your mod Scotland and Wales have the same culture and that is a lot different from history.Scotland had the same culture as Ireland the scots the celtic tribe that pretty much made Scoland were from Ireland but scothish were not the same as welsh , welsh I think were a different type of celtic culture with some roman influence as I say before best regarts and continue your great work on this mod.
    PS
    My english sucks a lot I hope you guys understand at least some part of what I say.

Willowmound's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Wales Roman Influence?

Punctuation is your friend.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

yeah, you can get lost reading that

However, he's completely right. The Welsh are/were Brythonic, while the Scots and Irish are/were Goidellic.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hm, I think I have already discussed it two times on the forum.
    There are 3 things with this:

- You are talking about the Wales units but you don’t even know the unit rooster. Believe me not only Berseker will be in. You are partly right but as I can not give unit rooster for each and every country. We have been working on this mod for more than 10 months and we still have a lot of things to do.
    - As it was told it is not a historical simulation. It is a mod which shows a viking game. Sometimes it is a little exaggerated, sometimes it is a little simple but we can not compete with the Sega. Please, forgive our problems with capacity or use WotN type historical mods.
    - Please, use punctuation.

... and happy christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanSoldier9001 View Post
    Will Wales have some roman-brithish influence as you guys must know Wales was the last kingdom of Roman-British the mythical people of King Arthur in fact welsh was name given by the saxons that in germanic means foreigner , roman or outsider comes from walsh but welsh call themselfs britons but my question was well they have some roman influence in this game romano-brithish had roman influence a kind of sub-roman so I guess later "Wales" preserve that influence I think you guys make a mistake I check the units of Wales and saw celtic berseker in times they still had those type of units?I know Wales had some celtic influence britons were pretty much celtic but romanized after the decline of roman empire and the 410 some part of roman legions left britain they were invaded by picts on north scots(irish) in shores of the west so they call saxons as mercenaries to help them alas the saxons were even worse than the picts and scots as they star having kingdoms themselfs and a lot of migrations of saxons came.In end they were almost total defeat just preserve what is now Wales and Cornwall but I guess they still preserved that roman influence I think you guys should put some part of that culture in faction of Wales and replace for the "classical celtic" culture as Scotland as in matter of fact in your mod Scotland and Wales have the same culture and that is a lot different from history.Scotland had the same culture as Ireland the scots the celtic tribe that pretty much made Scoland were from Ireland but scothish were not the same as welsh , welsh I think were a different type of celtic culture with some roman influence as I say before best regarts and continue your great work on this mod.
    PS
    My english sucks a lot I hope you guys understand at least some part of what I say.