Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New XAI for KGCM- Testers wanted

Default New XAI for KGCM- Testers wanted

As many of you have heard, XAI is converting their newest battle and campaign AI's into KGCM. This is of course great news as battles will be MUCH tougher, and campaigns more challenging than ever (especially in diplomacy, which actually works!). For those of you who have tried either the XBAI or XCAI, you can attest to its improvements.

However, before a full version can be released to the public, xeryx (creator of XAI) needs testers and alot of feedback as to how the XAI functions in KGCM. The beta version is open to anyone willing to give the XAI a run through and leave some feedback.

Link to XAI for KGCM thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212390

Link to download:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2240
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; December 27, 2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: incorrect information removed.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: New XIA for KGCM- Testers wanted

I shall give this a try. If it is a good as I have heard, I might end up regretting it.

The BAI is significantly better and more challenging, especially in flanking and city battles, while the CAI is largely untested in KGCM, although I have noticed smarter and more logical diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    The BAI is significantly better and more challenging, especially in flanking and city battles, while the CAI is largely untested in KGCM, although I have noticed smarter and more logical diplomacy.
    Are you using XAI? How would that affect any hotseat campaign if you were? Would you battles be a lot harder than another player who wasn't using XAI?

Patokay's Avatar Miles

If it's testers you need.... testers you get. I don't have a lot of time but alway enough for battle or two in the evening.

So you may count on me.

I wouldn't mess around with the XAI during a hotseat. The XBAI would be ok theoretically, and would make your battles much harder, but if you do the full XAI that is both BAI and CAI you might get problems with conflicting CAI's running in the same game on different turns.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

You guys are just too cool!! Thank you for the support!! Happy Holidays!! I am out of town Monday, but will be back on Tuesday! Need lots of feedback for factions relations, for the Start and Long term!! That will be the last part I do, for the conversion.

It is always recommended in MP, to use the same files. I have never played MP in this game except for one time. So any experienced people, that know about how files are compared and stuff. Please let me know.
    Last edited by xeryx; December 22, 2008 at 01:20 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: New XAI for KGCM- Testers wanted

Although I am going to be somewhat busy over christmas. I would be happy to help test this out.

Dave

At the risk of sounding like Beavis....huuhhuh, That would be cool!! (and a huge help)
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Sry for my lack of feedback xeryx. I haven't had as much time to play more then my 5 minute hotseat turn per day, let alone thoroughly test your new CAI fully. I can however give you some insight into your faction standings, but need you to explain further. Is it going to be starting diplomacy such as alliances and whos at war with who, or is it more?

It is so much more

This is input into the descr_faction_standings file. These are rules, just like the others.

In the desc_strat you set up the wars and allies and such..but what happens later in the game? We all know in real life with people, religions, and nations there are always biases. There can be hatreds, and allies.

With these rules, we can actually stagger the wars, through out the campaign. They can be prevented with good acts of course, or quickened by hasty acts. Here is an example rule.

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0200E_Update_Attitude
    WhenToTest UpdateAttitude

Condition FactionType venice

FactionStanding factions { hungary } normalise 0.25 175
    FactionStanding factions { hre, turks, egypt } normalise -0.4 170
    FactionStanding factions { byzantium } normalise -0.5 150

;------------------------------------------

This rule is for venice; The first relationship, Hungary, states that over 175 turns your faction standings will normalize to .25 over time. Now there is more math involved with it than that. but that is in a nutshell what it will do.

These rules here can be used for allies, enemies and even staging world wars.

instead of having say 8 countries hating one faction at turn one, you can start with say 2 and then use these rules for the other 6 nations. varying certain parameters to ensure that there is always tension in the world.

I will get the first revision done, then as we get feedback..if you like you can get it adjusted just the way you think it needs to be!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years Guys!! From all of us at XAI
    Last edited by xeryx; December 23, 2008 at 02:54 PM.

Xeryx. You are a legend!!!

I'd like to say thank you to xeryx and his team for all their hard work. There are plenty of peeps waiting to play KGCM alongside XAI mod. We will take as long as is needed to get this right. And if anymore people can help us to test this out we would most certainly welcome you

Merry Christmas,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Xeryx. You are a legend!!!
    I have already seen the 3 Ghosts of Christmas, and that was enough for me! Legend..I wouldn't say that, at all. Darth Vader is a legend

Besides this has been a team effort, everyone at XAI deserves credit for this.
    These Long Term Relationships, Naimad came up with them!! They work real good, to keep things interesting.
    Last edited by xeryx; December 23, 2008 at 10:04 PM.

KGCM and Beta 1 is now open, for those who would like to try it. We hope you enjoy.

Hi Guys

Have downloaded the Beta 1, and will leave some feedback shortly.

For all of you who wish to test the new XAI, which includes XBAI and XCAI, here is the download link. I will put it in the first post as well, along with the thread that goes along with it in teh XAI forums. PLEASE LEAVE ANY/ALL FEEDBACK. Thank you.

I will definitely be testing it!

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    For all of you who wish to test the new XAI, which includes XBAI and XCAI, here is the download link. I will put it in the first post as well, along with the thread that goes along with it in teh XAI forums. PLEASE LEAVE ANY/ALL FEEDBACK. Thank you.

Feedback huh, LOL My game has gone into Total war(trying to preserve the original values), just about!! I haven't seen anything this crazy for awhile (just ask me about my ex-girlfriends )

I definitely know that the faction standings file works really, really good, and we need to really, really tone down the starting Faction standings. Because it sure does feel like a world war the way it is!!

Now, I wonder..if we could add difficulty levels the starting faction standings??? (first idea to do this)

Question on the garrison scripts for the armies, is this only for "When humans attack" or does it affect AI as well?
    The reason I ask, is mainly because I doubt the AI can detect that it will need more troops. And will probably never defeat those cities.

Thanks
    Last edited by xeryx; December 27, 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Question on the garrison scripts for the armies, is this only for "When humans attack" or does it affect AI as well?
    We wrote this garrison script in a manner, that even when Ai attacking, the Gar.script will be activated.
    Visit our TWC M2TW-Kingdoms Hosted Mods Forum for...

!!! RAE Development stopped --- read last Statement here !!!
    M2TW-Kingdoms Mod Creator REDEO AD EXORDIUM ( RAE )
    Progress: 95% internal final beta release - 85% official release
    RAE TWC-Wiki Eagle Standard interview ... RAE.net Homepage ... RAE TWZ-Germany
    Proudly Sega & Steam Boycotter since ETW! See why here or this petition
    Sorry for bad english here, there and in my tutorials > advanced horde invasion & hide/unhide stratmap-ui & Beginners modding

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast