Thread: Which one?

Since I’m planning on building a new comp in a few weeks, I thought I’d ask all you experts *tongue* , which one would suit me best? AMD FX-57 or Intel 64 bit with a dual core. I don’t think I’ll be doing a lot of multi-tasking, but I do se programs like 3ds max, Photoshop, premier I’m also a gamer (otherwise I don't think I’d be here). I was also wondering what GUP performs better the X850 or 6800u with 512mb of ram?

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

In talking benchmark #'s it's really a toss up of which apps you run. Although the 6800U does a little better at most game tests.
    ..And ACTUALLY the 3DMarks world record was broken on a pair of 6800GT's is SLi mode. Surpassing the latest X850 and dual 6800U's in SLi.
    So, really man, if you don't care about benchmarks, you can just pick one. It will do EVERYTHING you want it to.

But, if I have to pick, I say the NVIDIA card. MOST games(not all) typically run better on the NVIDIA.
    And for the NVIDIA cards, I say go with XFX or BFG 6800U OC.
    There is NOT a 6800U that can surpass it out of the box.

And if you want to REALLY get crazy, get a BFG 6800GT and BIOS flash it to an Ultra. Identical cards except for the BIOS and the cooler. :w00t

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

if you want 64bit, AMD is much more mature in that area. FX57 details haven't been announced, but it'll rock. Nobody knows if it'll be dual core or not, since AMD stated that their "intensive gamer" line won't go dual core and that FX was reserved for intense gaming power.

As far as video cards are concerned, it's really up to what games you play. Some games play better on nvidia (with their floating point rendering calcs, more emphasis on shaders) and others with ATIs (fixed point)