Thread: ...And then the game crashed, like, KA-POW.

Default ...And then the game crashed, like, KA-POW.

So! After what amounted to about half a day of work, downloading IB, configuring IB, getting the upgrades, installing the enhancement packs and fixes for that, finding more upgrades, starting over, installing everything from scratch, so on, so forth, yes, yes, yes, I finally started my first turn as the Visigoths, set everything up, pressed 'End Turn', and...

The game proceeded to CTD when it came time for the Picts to move.
    "No problem," I said to myself. "Probably a one-off thing. I'll try again." So I did.
    CRASH!
    "Maybe I could figure out what's doing this myself!", I oh-so-smartly surmised, and plugged in the -show_err plugin after the -mod:ibfd line.
    CRASH! Without any error message.
    "Okay, this is really getting annoying." So now I'm here.

Techy details!
    I have IBFD 7.0 + the 7.3 upgrade + the 7.4 upgrade + Soundmod: Revolutions + SM:R Enhancement Pack 1 + SM: R EP1 Quickfix installed, in that order.
    My options are: ALL FACTIONS - OSTRO SETTLED, SHADOWING ON, ARBACES' INTERFACE, VANILLA INTRO MOVIE, JUVE'S LOADING SCREENS 1, STANDARD RECRUITMENT SCHEME, FULL SCRIPTS, IBFD SKYMOD, CA STRAT MODELS, IBFD7 VEGETATION. Geez, that's a mouthful. Uh, for some strange reason, I also have an options folder that says IMPERIUM JULIANORUM, I believe it was installed with the 7.4 upgrade. Just in case, I selected REVERT FROM IJ in there.

My copies of BI and RTW are unmodded, save for my own character traits I've inserted, and those have been mirrored in IB. The traits themselves have worked sublimely with LOTR: TW, FATW, TTW, and vanilla BI, so I don't think they're causing the problem - I cued them all up in-game, and didn't receive any errors.
    So, that's the situation. Now, what's the prognosis, folks?
    Sincerely and desperately,
    ~Kaoru

Default Re: ...And then the game crashed, like, KA-POW.

Hi Kaoru, sorry to hear you're having problems with the mod. Two might be the source of those issues. First, the version 7.4 which is unstable (where did you get it from?). The one currently used is 7.3. Be warned though that the developers are working on the version 8 right now . The second thing that could be causing those CTD's is the full script option which is known to cause them. Perhaps you could use the 4 tpy script, instead.

Default ...Oh.

Yush. I sort of guessed this, and I ended up re-installing everything again, and now it works all peachy-keen. The vast number of typographical errors in 7.03 sort of bugs me, though, that's why I upgraded to 7.04. I was halfway to starting to fix it myself when I noticed 7.04 in the Alan Caganate thread, and decided to give it a try, and, lo and behold, the unit descriptions, events, and quite a few other things were fixed! ...It was only late yesterday when I realized that 7.04 was one of their 'unstable' versions.

The full script is significantly less buggy with the Enhancementpack installed, though. And I did some work on the script myself, due to being annoyed that I had to keep clicking the damn thing on my own, so now it automatically activates when it comes up. Buz-zang!

Seriously, though. I've managed to solve my problems, now, and the game is running quite smoothly. My only current problem is now that the Italian peninsula will soon run out of people for me to murder! Thanks for the assist, man. Here's looking forward to IBFD 8.
    ~Kaoru