Thread: Artillery Question

Foederatus

Default Artillery Question

First of all, great mod. However, I have been playing into the 14th century as the HRE and have noticed that the AI does not seem to build artillery, gunpowder or otherwise. Is this intentional?

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Artillery Question

there building plasma weopens instead

Foederatus

Is setting perhaps a factor? I have it currently set at Hard for the Campaign.

I'm not sure why that is happening. It might be an error in the recruitment priorities or just be a fluke. I doubt its because you are on very hard though.

Foederatus

Thanks. Just noticed that the recruit priorities of artillery pieces are expressed as negative numbers. I am curious to tweak these numbers in my current game (1440), but I am not sure if .txt file edits are save game compatible. Is there a way to introduce such changes into a saved game?

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

I doubt in that case you would be able too. However rename the original, and make another one with the changes and try it. Just don't save over your save game, (make a few new ones) then test it out. The worst that can happen, is you go back to the original.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

@Somerled,

I distinctly remember when I first played M2TW vanilla and got attacked by armies full completely of gunpowder units. I dont know if you prefer to face a full stack of hand gunners, but i certainly do not! I also did not buy this game to come under attack from an army of cannons.

Thats right, I guess like me you haven't played vanilla in over a year. Well I know your post is not mean't as a critiscm of my work. But go back and play the game as it was left by CA and you will see what I am talking about. Artillery recruitment has been nerfed because it needed to be. If the value I have set it to is to low for these units, thats only because I have never recieved any feedback whatsoever on the recruitment of gunpowder units. I would guess that the majority of players never stick to a campaign that long.

thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; December 27, 2008 at 05:36 AM.