Thread: [EU2 AAR] The Nigerian colonies

Edward lV's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [EU2 AAR] The Nigerian colonies

Nigeria 1764
    `The chief scratched his head as Jonathan continued his long talk. “As you can see
    from this map, the Royal Navy has nowhere to restock on the western African coast.”
    John waited patiently as the translator spoke. “The land on your coastline is perfect
    for he construction of docks and has many natural harbours for our vessels. The land
    on the interior is where you make most of your money. The Empire would find it
    honourable of you to …donate this land to Britain.” The translator clicked away in the
    strange language. John sipped from his glass of Brandy until the chief gave his
    response. “You expect me to allow your people on my land! I have no wish to loose our
    coast to you invaders.”
    “My lord, you must understand. The British army have already prepared an army to
    occupy this land. They are disembarking this month and there is little I could do in the
    way of stopping them. If the land is not evacuated by that time you know how much
    damage men can cause to civilian life and property. Your people could be injured
    because of your stubbornness.” After a few minutes the chief replied “It seems I have
    no choice. The land shall be clear in a few days. Be warned though Englishman, your
    people shall never again be welcome in African lands.” John frowned “That is most
    unfortunate. However I understand. I must leave to report to my commanders now.
    Farewell.” And with that the Nigerian colony came to be.

That was 30 long years ago. Today I sit here as Colonial minister but all those long
    years ago before Britain’s supremacy over the African continent I was a humble
    diplomat. I write this story as many people ask me to share stories of the great
    African adventures so now I shall describe how one small 18000 man army dazzled
    and destroyed a continent. The journey shall be long and dangerous but I hope you all
    shall follow me into its darkest depths and reap the benefits of knowledge.

Default Re: [EU2 AAR] The Nigerian colonies

Into the heart of darkness?
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Libertus

Default Re: [EU2 AAR] The Nigerian colonies

Looks good.

This is one of the games I never got around to buying and playing...