Thread: Questions

Default Questions

1) Considering M2TW has religion and Kingdoms: Britannia has Cultures instead i was wondering which one would be used?

2) Is there anyway to make allies give you real military support when you ask them. Something which you could tell the ally which city to attack?

3) Supply line, will it be possible?

4) Is there anyway to make the AI favour attacking "richer" territories? this would prevent them from macedon going on snow expeditions to the north all the time and make it harder to defend against those which envy you.

5) will trade be much more important in the mod?

6) Will the social, economic and military system be combined more or less in each city with buildings. Eg: latifundia farms increase grain production but at the same time decreases happiness among the majority which together can have a military consequence. Such for example, the gap between rich and poor become to big and for example; hoplites numbers are reduced for recruitment because they have to afford their own equipment but most lost their territory to the big farm owners and can't anymore, they have become too poor. However, cavalry recruitment increase by a little as a result too. This is just an example!

7) Is there some way to make spies incapable of opening gates so often without making it too hard to enter cities....i find it ridiculous that one spy manages to open the gates when it was normally a bribed commander or local men.
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; December 18, 2008 at 08:12 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Default Re: Questions

We have a thread for that, right here

1) Considering M2TW has religion and Kingdoms: Britannia has Cultures instead i was wondering which one would be used?

Religion will be used for EB II, but how it will be used is unknown to the public.

2) Is there anyway to make allies give you real military support when you ask them. Something which you could tell the ally which city to attack?

I'm afraid not. Not really sure though, but I wouldn't count on it.

3) Supply line, will it be possible?

Yes. I believe somebody also said that it could be used for ships (like in Stainless Steel), and I'm not sure whether the system will change in comparison to EB I, but there will be a supply line system.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Questions

We have to work within the game engine and many things are hardcoded, especially those dealling with the AI behaviour.

4 is hardcoded. It is very difficult to get the AI to expand as modders want.

5- More important than what? EBI? M2TW?

6- In EBI, the latifundia gives a farming bonus and a happiness malus...

7- Spies and what they do is hardcoded.