Thread: Merging multiple Kingdoms sounds

Default Merging multiple Kingdoms sounds

I want to add sounds, voices really, from the Americas expansion for the Apachean faction (normans slot). As well as from Brittania for Ireland. To do this from what I understand, I must use the downloadable pack of kingdoms_snd_txt. But with me wanting sounds from 2 expansions I'm guessing I must merge most of the .txt files?

I have tried to start with just changing the normans from english to mongolian by deleting the .idx and .dat files in the sound folder and changing their place in descr_sounds_accents. The files do regenerate but there are no voices, no sounds at all. The regenerated files however are tiny, a mere 24 bytes for example for the voice .idx compared to 977 bytes in the file I deleted. (backed up).

This seems an poorly covered aspect of Medieval and I would be greatfull of any help.
    Last edited by Eothese; December 18, 2008 at 06:45 AM.

Default Re: Merging multiple Kingdoms sounds

Ireland is easy because there are no new sounds, only text files. Here's how I did it. Get the text working. Copy the voice.dat and voice.idx from your americas/data/sounds folder into your main data/sounds folder (not the mod one). If you need to rename it so you don't overwrite any files, do so. Then delete the events and the voice .idx and .dat files from your modfolder sounds folder. I have added in all new accents from Kingdoms as well as Xenophonia this way and it works great.

Coder on Dark Ages: Roman Revival, the alternate history mod for BI.

Under the Patronage of Augustus Lucifer, member of the House of Ward.

Default Re: Merging multiple Kingdoms sounds

So I will have to merge the text files? I already have an accent for Antioch and one for Jerusalem...

Ok, all the text files merged. I noticed a native for the Aztecs as well as the apachean for the Apachean so I've added all text references to both. What do I need to re-name the americas .idx and .dat files to, in order for the game to rebuild from them. As they are simply called voice.dat as oppossed to voice1.dat in the vanilla folder...

I've tried re-naming them as voice4.dat and events1.dat etc, but the game doesn't seem to be using them to rebuild from...

So no sounds for the Apachean or Aztecs at this stage...

#Edit
    The events files seem to be regenerating OK, but the voice files are still a tiny 24 bytes and looking at the log the game is not using the voice files at all as it states they are all missing
    Code:
    10:45:53.790 [data.missing] [warning] Sound file missing: data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Battle_Events/Native_Allied_Army_Leader_Killed_1.mp3
    10:45:53.790 [data.missing] [warning] Sound file missing: data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Battle_Events/Native_Allied_Army_Leader_Killed_2.mp3
    Etc, etc. for about 1400 lines...

#Success!
    By placing the voice files from Americas into my modfolder and deleting the events files, the game rebuilt with the correct voices.
    Last edited by Eothese; December 19, 2008 at 05:27 AM.