Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: XAI 3.4 For KGCM coming soon !

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default XAI 3.4 For KGCM coming soon !

Happy New Years too!
    This is an Open Beta for the XAI integration into Kingdoms Grand Crusades Mod (KGCM) By Dave Scarface.

First, Thank you Dave for giving permission to do this mod. Thank you for your participation as well.

This is the first open Beta, and there surely will be wrinkles to work out to optimize performance.

Everyone's input is needed we want to make both of theses mods as good as we can.

I hope all of you enjoy your family time over the holidays, and enjoys Dave's mod tweaked with XAI.

Miikll is an XAI team member, that has put extra time and energy into this conversion as well, a special thanks to him!

Xeryx and the XAI team
    Beta 5
    Fixed the Levels again for human and AI diplomacy. May have been why there were so many alliances. That was my bad!
    Added in Argent Ushers RHP and new Beta Camels(need feeback)
    Added in the latest BAI, It isn't giving up!!

Beta4
    Increased differentiations for number of enemies, in invasion and diplomatic decisions. I also added a couple of rules for this.
    Revamped and tweaked the @war and Neutral invasion rules.
    Fixed a couple of errors in the CAI
    added in the completely final 3.2X Bai (x means closed out, see XBAI readme)

BETA 3
    Tweaking of the 3.2F XBAI
    Tweaked some parameters and levels for the CAI

BETA 2
    I am currently working on Beta 2.
    Things I have changed in the CAI.
    -Allowed for easier AI-AI alliances, and AI diplomacy, it was too hard (watch for too many though, it may need trimmed down)
    -Changed port blockade on neutral countries from a -.4 to a -.6 Faction standing
    -lowered the cost of re-communication, protectorate, and ceasefires. They may still need adjustment, but further testing will be needed.
    -Changed the Thresholds, for invasion, between the difficulty levels
    -adjusted the starting and long term relationships some more
    +Argent Usher's fine work, for the loading screen

BTW guys, Difficulty levels for the Campaign do work, and there will be a difference. Alliances will not be that common on harder levels, so don't abuse them as the human. Also it is harder to get forgiveness, at the harder levels for both the AI and you. We have made really good strides in the area of diplomacy, but it is not perfect in every situation.

I will be working on an XAI stamp for the Kingdoms grand Campaign loading screen, because that is the only custom screen of Dave's. For now though, if you have installed XAI correctly, you will see the new XAI loading screen. If you know it is installed correctly, then you can replace the XAI logo, I kept Dave's in the download, but renamed it splash2. This is for troubleshooting only.

Because this is the campaign, and when I do tweaks, they usually require a restart of the game, I will be gathering as much information as possible. It is imperative that I get lots of detailed feedback from you. I also need it in a steady stream, and from multiple sources. I would also like to ask that some of you play on different levels of difficulty.

BETA 5
    Download Currently down! here
    Click my Signature Logo
    Last edited by xeryx; January 13, 2009 at 07:31 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Fans (KGCM): This isn't your Daddies KGCM

Here again, I need dedicated volunteers for testing!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Fans (KGCM): This isn't your Daddies KGCM

I am new to medieval 2, but I love the grand campaign mod. As ur mod here seems more than promising:
    Wooot, cant wait ^^

I'll test out the conversion. I'll let more people know in the KGCM forums to come over here to take a look, as I'm not sure many ppl have seen this thread yet.

Thank you guys. Once I finish the BAI release. We will finish working on these 2 projects.

Do you guys have any issues with this being an open beta, because quite honestly. My time is getting pretty constrained, and I really do not have that much time to play! Which really stinks . But I am enjoying the Holiday's!! it has been really busy!

I have this set of files about 90% done. I need your guys help on one thing, in order to complete these files.

This is what input I need from you guys, It doesn't have to be completely historical we need to have compromises for the power of the Factions. But what I need is a list of how the relations for the factions should start out, and where you think they should go. Please keep it as simple as possible.

For example: France starts out at war with England, and dislikes HRE. With a lifetime hate for England.

Allies should be considered too, however there should be no more than 4 rules, for each faction (both Starting and long term, they can be different for both). This way the game plays out with alot of randomness.

Your lists will be used for the final relations, so please give them to me asap.
    Last edited by xeryx; December 21, 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'd like to help. What do I need to do?

Think about relationships, of the Factions. Starting, and long term. Then post them here. When I get enough input, I will finish the files and release them as an Open Beta.

No worries guys about the Faction standings input, if you have some ideas, that would help. I am just going off the starting ones to begin with anyway. Working on that today, then I need to do some testing, before I release it.

Update: Finished the files, will test for a couple of hours sometime today, and commence the open beta if all goes well.
    Last edited by xeryx; December 24, 2008 at 02:26 AM.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Fans (KGCM) XAI coming soon

, I'm willing to test it on my new pc .

Hello stefaneke! I see you got an early Christmas present. Gonna go do my testing starting now, and maybe in a few hours you'll get another one.

I am waiting on Miikll to give me his feedback first. (So hurry up, I'm getting impatient..LOL)

It is up loaded, enjoy..If I could have had Santa stuff it in your stockings, I surely would have. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

I'll clean this up later.

NOTE to Self: Check the "impetuous" traits of CAV!

The open beta begins, BTW all original files are included in the ZIP. I also have included my own loading screen and the original. Argent usher did such a great job, I went ahead and included it. If you do not like it, I will tell you how to get rid of it tomorrow..I hear hooves on the rooftop..sneaking to bed..

Download here
    Last edited by xeryx; December 27, 2008 at 08:39 PM.

Guys I must have included a file from 3.6 by accident, it is unmodded and shouldn't have been in the download.

Here is the 3.7 one..sorry bout that, I'll fix the download. If you installed the first beta 1, I recommend you replace that script file. (posted below)

I am currently working on Beta 2.
    Things I have changed in the CAI.
    -Allowed for easier AI-AI alliances( only slightly)
    -Changed port blockade on neutral countries from a -.4 to a -.6 Faction standing
    -lowered the cost of re-communication, protectorate, and ceasefires. They may still need adjustment, but further testing will be needed.
    -Changed the Thresholds, for invasion, between the difficulty levels
    (We will need to adjust the starting and long term relationships some more) I will need help with this, pwf224

This Beta test is important guys, as this will complete the version to 3.2. I'm pretty happy with the BAI overall. But the CAI may need a few more tweaks.

BTW guys, I am playing with the permanent fort mod, and it seems to be doing Just FINE!!

I will be working on an XAI stamp for the Kingdoms grand Campaign loading screen, because that is the only custom screen of Dave's. For now though, if you have installed XAI correctly, you will see the new XAI loading screen. If you know it is installed correctly, then you can replace the XAI logo, I kept Dave's in the download, but renamed it splash2. This is for troubleshooting only.

Because this is the campaign, and when I do tweaks, they usually require a restart of the game, I will be gathering as much information as possible, between revisions. It is imperative that I get lots of detailed feedback from you. I also need it in a steady stream, and from multiple sources. I would also like to ask that some of you play on different levels of difficulty.

Well, I guess you all are pretty busy playing, and must be having some fun!!

That is good. Today and maybe tomorrow I will be working on the starting and long term relations again. I am trying out some things.
    EDIT: This is the main cause of the extreme war and aggressiveness.

Since there is a garrison script, for both the AI and Human. You need to pay particular attention to what happens when the AI is sieging. I know that the AI will not be able to anticipate a garrison script. Because this AI doe not try and use more troops than needed when sieging, this may be a problem. it may cause free spawns for the opposing armies.

Argent Usher also made a new loading screen for Dave's mod with XAI. It just uses a small stamp similar to the one in my avatar. Good Idea, I think. Thanks again AU!! Speaking of that, I will also be including AU's horses and camels in the final version of this mod!

It is the campaign_script.txt file.
    it goes in the maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder
    Last edited by xeryx; December 29, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

Default Re: Merry Christmas! Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod (KGCM) Fans! Now with XAI, Beta 1

Okay guys, christmas is over and today I start my testing! I hope others will make good their promise too. Here is my first feedback report on beta 1.

I decided to start off a new campaign on VH/VH playing as the welsh. Things started off okay, England did not attack me right away. But they built a fort near my border in the region of Gloucester. Meanwhile I saw Lancaster only had a small garrison so decided to attack there. Within two turns I took the castle without to much trouble. However an english army commanded by two generals was soon on its way to take back the castle. Although out numbered, my meirionnydd spearmen and gwent raiders were able to hold off the assault at the gates. However I did lose the right wall and had to send reinforcements across to win it back.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After the first few turns I also observed Scotland attack England. France also went to war and the english were soon at war with 4 factions! The english managed to defend themselves though and even managed to take the fight to their enemies!

In other parts of the map it seemed like everyone was declaring war. Denmark for instance went to war with both the HRE and Poland by turn 5.

I was able to get an alliance with Scotland but after the irish agreed a ceasefire with England they refused to ally with me, made sense, and glad alliances are not to easy to get!

From my early impressions of playing this version of XCAI there is certainly no problem with the AI being passive. Which is a good thing because I have gave up on AI mods in the past that bored me. Infact I was quite astonished by how aggressive this CAI was. Is being over aggressive a bad thing? Well no because this would naturally make the game harder. I do think that maybe something needs to be altered though as the expansion of the AI was quite frightening And there were a little to many wars kicking off. Here are but a few examples of the quick gains made by some factions in the campaign.

While fighting Lithuania the Teutonic Order launched a surprise attack against Poland! taking Danzig and Poznan in a few turns. Poland is down to 3 settlements already!

The Byzantine empire were rampant taking Preslav and Bucharest from the Hungarians. Meanwhile they were also sending huge armies against the Turks.

War is everywhere by turn 10! the italian states are all at war with each other. Meanwhile HRE and France attack Milan! The garrison script though should at least help keep Milan alive.

Anyway I would like to also mention the excellent use of forts in XCAI. Here is a screenshot below that demonstrates well the AI's tactical ability in using them. Note the TO placed a garrison in the fort protecting Konigsberg and kept the garrison their for a number of turns. While a second army attacked Hrodna and took it from the Lithuanians. I saw similar evidences of forts being used tactically in other areas of the map as well!

So far so good and no CTD's or bugs to report after 10 turns. I do feel though that some improvements can be made. I'm not sure why the AI is so over aggressive? Tommorow I am going to start a new campaign with everyone only starting at war with rebels. It will be interesting to see if this has any effect at the start? Anyway keep up the good work xeryx and I will keep up the testing in the holidays.

all the best,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; December 27, 2008 at 05:27 PM.

Default Re: Merry Christmas! Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod (KGCM) Fans! Now with XAI, Beta 1

(Whoops, didnt see that beta 2 was out. This is kinda useless, but i'll replace it later.)

Version: XAI beta version 1
    Difficulty: VH/VH
    Faction: Irish, short campaign.

CAI:
    As Dave has said above, the AI is very aggressive towards each other. One thing I noticed in KGCM over a few campaigns was that, though there were no shortage of wars going and settlements being taken from each other, the general map didn't change all that much. In terms of wars with the player, the AI was brutal and challenging, but in terms of wars against each other, it never seemed to get anywhere. I chalk this up the excellence balance.
    For comparison, here is 100 turns in a KGCM campaign (without XAI) that I played a few weeks ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here is 50 turns of my Irish test campaign with beta 1, in ten turn increments.

Note that, in half the turns, the XAI game has seen the almost compete elimination of The Kingdom of Jerusalem, and instead of each kingdom taking a few rebel regions and squabbling a bit, they are taking territory from each other on a massive scale.

Campaign map for Beta 2:

(not made yet.)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

BAI:

The Combat AI in even a relatively small Siege was noticeably improved. I attacked a half stack city with a catapult and motley collection of Ostmen. As I fired the catapult on the defenders on the walls, they withdrew as soon as they started taking casualties and got out of the line of fire. I have never noticed units to do that before, certainly not in Vanilla and not that I recall in KGCM.

The defenders, spear militia all, attacked me from three sides as I surged through the broken gate. They kept units in reserve and seemed to withdraw units that were in danger of routing (this is what it appeared- units would break off, run out of the combat, and then rout after they were out of danger.) They mounted three major defenses- one at the gates, another halfway to the town square, and then at the square itself. They responded to my attempt to flank them with my general (so well that I lost him) and though it was a small, simple siege, it was quite a bit of fun.

All in all the Battle AI for beta one is much improved over any that I've yet played, and aside from the path finding or occasional formation problems that arise from the game itself, I think its very soild.
    Last edited by RantingHeretic; December 28, 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Thank you Dave Scarface and RantingHeretic, for the feedback..Excellent which is exactly what we need!! To improve the XAI further.

I am currently testing beta 2 for bugs and and errors. I have toned down the relations quite a bit. If all goes well, I will release it for tomorrow. Hopefully the relations will be good for a longer campaign. This is because of Niamad's excellent scripting of the faction standings file. Technically, the game only need some starting relations. I have also ran it without any. Because of that file and the AI's setting, the game will run great, but it lacks some of the "historical" flavor, that the faction standings provide.

Dave, please feel free to look at them as well.

That is great news there is a no garrison script, and it maybe needed, we'll play and see.

I wish I would have played your mod awhile back, Dave..but modding kept me in a little hole. So far I think your mod is excellent, and XAI is working top notch, now it is adjustment time. Every mod needs this to get the right feel.

Edit: Been making more adjustment to the CAI, and fixed some minor errors. More testing, and error checking.

Be aware that I will be toning things down!! World war is not what we want, in the first 10 turns, but it could turn into that, with the right conditions.
    Last edited by xeryx; December 27, 2008 at 09:45 PM.

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Hello....Thank you for the feedback...

I'm currently 10 turns into a Teutonic Order campaign on Hard/Very Hard. Yes wars are everywhere....I have taken Palanga Castle from Lithuania, which is revolting right now, I should have slaughtered the population. Poland is a very strong faction in mine, they are sieging Marienburg as I write this, they are also going after Lithuania and Denmark. England is also fighting hard with 4 wars...but holding out well....giving as good as they are taking.

The Mongols are going to be a terror....they have taken two of the three rebel settlements on the Black Sea and the rebel settlement on the Northern Edge of the map. Also at war and have taken a Kievan Rus settlement.

KOJ is moving east into the desert and fighting Egypt to a standstill in the Sinai.

Moors took the rebel castle that borders Portugal and seems to be massing for a push into either Spain's, Portugal's or maybe both's territory.

Turks and Antioch are occupied with each other.

Byz and Hungary are trying to grab the three rebel settlements that they share common borders with...

Norway has taken two rebel settlements in Scandinavia and is worrying the Scots enough to keep them from doing too much damage to England.

Have not seen any alliances yet...

How is the Battle AI doing for you?
    Last edited by MiiKLL; December 27, 2008 at 07:15 PM.

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

English
    H/H
    Short campaign.

I was surprised myself. In 5 turns attacking the Scots, French and the Irish!

Had to get out the BETA 2, for you guys. It is more calm, but it still makes plenty of war.(for the initial start of the game) I did all CAI changes, so you should be able to play for a long time now. Alliances are working better, but lack of time to test alot, may prove they work too good.

The AI should be able to get more alliances than you, but if there are too many than it becomes a problem. I would say like six alliances, is troublesome, in most cases. But is the AI playing a good guy? and isn't a bully, then it can work.
    Too much peace however, I find rather boring!

Don't know if I will be around today, so just give me all the feedback you can..just make sure to include the good too. Because no one wants to hear all bad news

This will be a long term test run. I will be updating in a couple of weeks with some more minor changes. I will patch any major issues, but I think we are beyond that.
    Last edited by xeryx; December 28, 2008 at 01:51 PM.

Default Re: Beta 2: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod (KGCM) Fans! Now with XAI

Got beta 2 setup for testing, will start a new campaign, and leave you some more feedback here later today.

Dave

Libertus

Default Re: (KGCM) Now with XAI

Just curious to know if new XAI improves:
    - AI Naval Invasions (now they're very very few);
    - Vassallage system.
    (I woud try myself, but I'm currently having an interesting campaign with Darth Ages).

Thanks for your work.

Default Re: Beta 2: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod (KGCM) Fans! Now with XAI

Hi there PDP, Maybe you can explain what you don't like about the vassals. Is it that they are being hard to obtain? It probably has more to do with the diplomatic points than anything. I will look into it.

Naval invasions, is due to DA, not the XAI, I am sure Naimad knows this, and may fix it.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast