Thread: Forced Diplomacy

fourganger's Avatar Semisalis

Default Forced Diplomacy

Hi guys,

regarding the rather excellent Metro Naval mod, is there any way to install Forced Diplomacy? I'm going for a historical run through, but the AI isn't being very helpful...
    Whatcha' wearing?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Daddy smells leather...

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Forced Diplomacy

I'm pretty sure there is. Just steal the forced diplomacy script files and text from the ExRM or another force diplomacy mod and copy them into the script for this mod. Unless you're planning to release it as a mod of your own, I'm sure DimeBagHo (from whom I got ours) wouldn't mind.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

fourganger's Avatar Semisalis

Which files in particular? I can't seem to find any script relating to Forced Diplomacy within the ExRM files...
    Whatcha' wearing?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Daddy smells leather...

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

You'll want Forced_Diplomacy.txt, export_advice, and export_descr_advice. I think that'll do it. It's been a long time since I added it, though, so I could be forgetting something.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

I managed to get forced diplomacy on RTR. Basically, I did this:

1. I downloaded this: http://rapidshare.com/files/156282899/RTR_Force_Diplomacy.zip.html by Silent Observer (though he got it from Roma Surrectum... I think DimeBagHo was the original creator)

2. I copied Force_diplomacy to the correct place in the MNM folder (data/scripts/show_me)

3. I found the scripting in export_descr_advice and export_advice and replaced the equivalent part of the scripting in the MNM folder with it. These are the equivalet parts of the scripting:

(export_advice)

{Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Title} Diplomacy Basics

{Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Text1}
    Left click on the listed offer and demand items to create a proposal. Left click on an item in the proposal to remove it. A balanced - or very generous - treaty proposal is likely to be accepted.

(export_descr_advice)

Item Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01
    Uninhibitable
    Verbosity 0
    Threshold 1
    Attitude Normal
    Presentation Default
    Title Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Title
    Text Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Text1

BTW, if you are wondering why I didn't upload the files, I am not sure if I would be allowed to. If what I have written here is not allowed, PM me and I'll remove it.

I tried to do it with Imperator II (newest version and with save game), but it didn't work. Can somebody help me ? Maybe it isn't working because sg?