Thread: Tale of the Week 19 -Submissions

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Tale of the Week 19 -Submissions

New Lands lie before us, new challenges await us, new stories are to be told!

The holy plan of God.

Zeus enraged.

Playing with electricity.

Gods Have Decided

by draZen

- have you decided?

Rules:

1. Post a short text about this picture, with min. 200 max. 400 words, in a spoiler, with the picture in the front.

2. If you are a contestant you are honour bound to not read other contestants' writings until you have submitted yours.

3. The winner gets 1 point on the Leaderboard, if there are at least 4 contestants.

4. Deadline: last day of each week (Sunday).

Default Re: Tale of the Week 19 -Submissions

Reserved!

Ugh, I did this so quickly. >_> I mean QUICKLY!

Do not press the red button.
    Simon slowly walked into the centre of the pillar with David, his younger brother following behind. They looked around quietly, seeing the blood and guts which stained the stone pillars. They then turned there attention back to the centre stone, which had a large red button on it. An engraving was on the large, red button with the words: "Do not press the red button." Simon stared at the button anxiously, seeing its red glory glow into his pale, brown eyes. "Re...d..d..B..b..utton..." David slurped out as Simons hand started to move closer to the red button.

"S.iim..mon.....It...s..aa..ys....no..t..t..t.o...to..uc...hhh...th...e......r...r..e..d...d...b..b...u...t..t...o..n..." said David as Simons hand moved even closer to the button. "Oh what harm can it do David? It’s just a silly red button. It’s not like its god or anything!" giggled Simon as he slid his hand across the plastic big red button. David stepped back as he brother leaned closer to the button. Drool started to preside in his right mouth as his hand started to rise into the air, ready to smash that button into the stone itself. "Don’t press it Simon!" shouted David as he stepped even further away from his brother and the big red button. Simon did not listen to his brothers words and his hand came crashing down, ready to hit that button. 'BAM!' was the sound that the button made as Simon hit it. He lifted his hand and looked at the button again. It started to shake and the words started to move around and disappear. After a few seconds a new sentence appeared from the buttons plastic area. "I said... do not press the button." Simon laughed and started to hit the button more and more, with more sentences re-appear every time he did.

After half an hour of plummeting his now sore hand into the big red button, a large sentence appeared; "You've had your fun kid. The only thing you care about is pressing the god damn button? You must've had a life, hey? Just pressing me over and over seems pretty fun to you? What if I told you the world would explode if you pressed the button again, would you still do it? Actually... If you press the button again, I WILL DESTROY THIS WORLD!"

David shouted to his brother one final time, "Please Simon, don't press the button! You've had your fun, let’s go home now!" "Fine!" said Simon, "but I'm just going to press one last time." With no hesitation to what the big red button said, Simon pressed the button. Nothing happened for awhile, nothing could be heard except the Chittering of birds. However the earth started to shake and the pillars started to crumble, Simons eyes widened as he looked into the sky. He started to run, but it was too late, a large lightening bolt smashed into the red button, making a white light glisten upon the earth and destroy it into nothingness. No screams were heard, no babies crying, no animals scurrying away, everything just disappeared. Everything except the big red button which was now floating in space. Words started to be scrabbled once more onto the big red button and it said "That wasn't very smart, now was it?" The button floated far away, looking for a new planet to destroy.

~Sensi
    Last edited by molls; December 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM.
    l My Photobucket l My New, Hot Profile l My Signature Gallery l
    "What always staggers me is that when people blow their noses, they always look into their hankies to see what came out. What do they expect to find?"- Billy Connolly.
    - Been creating Signatures since '06 -

The Old Ways

The Old Ways

We set up camp a few yards away from an old pagan god ground. It was huge with stones, but no-one could move it. So we laid down to go to sleep, hoping to awake the next morning with a warm day.

In the middle of the night, all of us awoke to a frightening sound. Like lightning. We all looked around, and then we saw what look like a bright crystal with smoke coming from it. We got up to get a closer look. Then, one of us touch it. The bright light shocked him and threw him a few feet.

We dared not touch it again, but all of us wanted to. Then, in an instant, it was gone. Nothing left, not even the smoke. This is the day we all started to believe in the Gods again. Or could this be from the one god. We shall never know for sure. But one thing is for sure, we will never make camp near one of these things ever again. So we rode away, never to return to this stone ritual area again. Maybe we will no some day. Maybe hundreds of years from now, we still might not know.
    Last edited by molls; December 22, 2008 at 10:11 AM.

Might of God

Luther was preaching in the lowlands of England. The men here were arrogant stupid folk who had no clue that the church was scamming them. Instead they clinged to their personal belief that the pope actually knew god, and could determine how they live in the afterlife. Fools, everyone forgot the good days, when numerous gods ruled the world, men were blessed with magical strength and wisdom. Even the biblical heroes exisited in those times. As he sat at a bench in the ancient stonehenge, a cload appeared out of nowhere. Luther was unaware of this so wrapped up in though he was, and as the lightning bolt ripped through his head and down through his rectum. God chuckled as he saw that, disbelievers always pay, and Luther had met his right end. Luther was amazed at what he saw, god, in his form which he cannot reveal. "You have been saying to stop believing in me, and you have seen what that has caused to you. If you forsake what you have been saying and take up the religion of the Church, i may reconsider your sentance to the eigth level of hell, if you spread the faith." "Yes my lord, i will take up the faith my lord, just give me a second chance."

A second flash of lightning crashed down, seen be a shepard who drew a picture of it, and Luther walked out of the light, with a new view on life.
    Last edited by molls; December 22, 2008 at 10:11 AM.
    Take Adventures in a Land Down Under. My latest AAR

Kátz's Avatar Senator

The Holy Portal

Narrator : Ahem, This day, both Wendell and Edward had seen the forecast of the weather : stormy, but the ****ing hell with them is they are so hell persistent to play and poke around other dudes. No matter who are the big dudes, not even Mike Tyson can stop em from this danger. All other dudes are scared of the thunder. They decided they can't stop them. Let em play around the sweet grassy field, with the props Black Clouds and the Pagan Shrine.
    Ahem, this place has been once the homeland of Gods who descended to Earth. Looking at this, people has been in awe. Unfortunately the people around there has been prone to believe in superstitution. They believe there are ghosts ans spirits around there!

Other Dude 1 : Just **** them!
    Other Dude 2 : Hey, I'd like to hear them saying HOLY **** during rain time.
    Other Dude 1 : I'd like to draw the epic moment of the Flash!
    Other Dude 2 : What? Flash? Game?
    Other Dude 1 : HOLY ****.
    Narrator : Hey! You are the other dudes! You can't speak more than one sentence! You are just to be cameo around this!
    Other Dudes : @^$!)*@*$)!(#.

Narrator : Soon after the two guys Wendell and Edward set their play to the scene, after touching the Pagan Shrine, the Pagan God seems to be angry, rained down storms of storms to them.
    Wendell : HOLY ****!!!! I'm in my deathbed you fool Pagan God!!!! You'll pay for this!
    Edward : Uhhhmmm.... If you are dead how come you say that?
    Narrator : But the Pagan God decided to spare Edward's life and bring him into the realm of 280BC. And opened the portal of time.........
    Pagan God : Humble brethren of the past..... Come.... Join us in the world of the ol ways...... Succeed the world of Rome : Total War. Make the Gauls triumphant.......
    Edward : WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!!
    Pagan God : I hereby unallowed to give reasons...... COME!!!! Or you suffer the same fate as your mortal friend suffers.........
    Edward : HOLY . Now I'm really confused.
    Narrator : Without further talk The Pagan God absorbed Edward into the portal of time...... Who knows what is there?

THE END.

John and George - Glorious Discoverers

"Hey George!" John screamed over on the west side of the ruins, "I think its working!" George ran to where John had set up his reasearch station. "Why...JOHN! ITS WORKING!!" John and George were best friends and scientists, or they thought they were. The companions had decided to find a way to harness light and make it accesible to the normal citizen. "Just think," George had said when the two had first started the project, "We will be the most famous and rich men on Earth!" They had set up their 'lab' in a deserted Greek ruin somwhere between Constantinople and Thessalonika. "So what will we name it? I think we should name it The George Harper theory." John scoffed, "Ha! it should be named after ME!" George snarled and jumped on John, punching him in the face. John fell on the machine causing the two to jump off of it in horror. "John you idiot you...oh god...you...you..." What George said next was muffled by a huge explosion resulting in the death of both John and George. John and George were the first men to discover electricity.
    Last edited by molls; December 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

What an amazing picture!

On This Day a God is Born

As the fog rolled over the low hills, just as the sun was setting, a most spectacular scene blossomed, nobody needed a calendar to know when new years day was around these parts. This spectacular scene marked the day that Hercules became famous, the day we Greeks were liberated, the day my great great grandfather was born. Born beneath those hallowed pillars he was a god, as histher held him aloft, his small frame stood out against the backdrop, a small face peaked out, some say he held an arm aloft. Well, he did go on to become a famous warrior, upon his shield an engraving of that spectacular scene was visible, a reminder to all who opposed him. And now, as I look upon this wonder I am happy, gods do exist in human form, and upon this day another small child raises his arm aloft, the gathered crowd are over joyed, another miracle has occurred on this hallowed day, another young child has the help of God.
    Last edited by molls; December 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM.

Junius's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Nice Picture

This is just fiction, based in the East.

The Light of Heaven

The two armies met on a plane close to Gaugamela, near the place of Alexander's greatest victory. Like it had been all those years ago, it was a dry and barren landscape, with scrub stretching over the whole flat horizon. The two armies made camp, and it was obvious that this was the place this war was to be settled.

It was morning. The two armies had settled into their orders. It was to be a titanic struggle. I am no military man, but even i was awed by the splendour of both sides. The Pontus forces were armoured in loot from Seleucia, and our own forces had the most exquiste armour. I was admiring the forces in the rising sun when the bugle sang, and the earth shook. The two sides were thundering towards each other.

The sky blackend. Everyone slowed, and then stopped, and saw the moon eat the sun. A few miles from the battle, a temple to Nike had been dedicated by Alexander. Now it was as if midnight had decended on us. Storm clouds brewed in the heavens, and settled over this temple. A divine thunderbolt struck the temple, which was unharmed, and from it's steps a ghost of calvary came charging. Alexander himself had reawakend.

This scared both sides. Who was he fighting for? He had at his back Companions, those of old Macedon, following his charge. Antiochus, our king and an able speaker, galloped out in front of his army and rallied them.

'Men! Look at Alexander. Here where he beat the mighty Medes, he now comes to aid his brethren, his ancestors in arms. Do not fear him, he is our Divine King, and he has come to aid us. Do not shame him now, but forward, forward against these modern Medes!'

With that his whole host surged forward, in a merciless charge.
    Last edited by molls; December 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM.

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

That Fateful Night

I had everything I ever wanted. Fast cars, big house, ten wives, Empire Total War four months before it came out- I had it all. I strut through my life, and what I wanted, I got. What, I thought, could possibly go wrong? Anything bad could be bought off. Anything good could be bought. They are wrong. Money does bring happiness, and protection too. I was safe.

Right?

Sometimes, living in the centre of a crowded and busy centre of commerce can get a little overwhelming. The crowds, the noise, the lights. So, I usually take a little walk, ipod playing in my ears, through a nearby meadow. It is usually secluded, and is a bit of calm. Can't handle the quiet for very long either. So a short walk...and I'm good for a few weeks.
    But one night was different. One night changed everything.
    I was walking through the highlight of the park, a stone structure that was modeled on the ancient Stonehenge. And a blue light shone it. At first I thought it was a low flying plane, but soon I realized this was not so.
    The unnatural light blinded me, and when I could see again, things were...changed. Things seemed to be cast in a different light, and everything had a new perspective. I went to sleep on the floor that night; the bed seemed too luxorious.

And the next morning I remembered the words.
    "Not everything is as you once saw it."
    Too true.
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

The New Prometheus

The night is dark, ink-black clouds thundering across the firmament, obscuring the light of the moon. A distant, ever-growing rumble fills the heavens with its voice, harbinger of the coming storm.
    In the shadow of the ancient ruins a group of men and women stand, clustered around one man in their midst. Well-dressed, his very bearing sets him apart from the others. He is in charge. He is in command. He is their leader.
    A string leads from his hand skyward, toward a kite long since vanished in the roiling clouds above.
    “Watch,” he commands, stretching forth his hand to one of his followers. “The key, if you please.”
    The man fumbles in the folds of in his garment, producing the requested item. With a satisfied smile, the leader attaches the heavy iron key to his kite's-string, securing it with a knot.
    To the south, lightning streaks across the sky, rending the darkness from heaven to earth, followed by thunder deafening its very intensity. A murmur ripples through the crowd.
    “It has been thousands of years,” the leader begins, raising his hand for calm, “since a man has stolen fire from the gods. Prometheus dared—no one has since. Behold, my people, for a second Prometheus has risen before you. This is the night.”
    More string unravels from the ball in his hand, the key rising ever higher as the kite pitches unseen in the tumult above. The man's eyes shine forth with almost unearthly intensity, their gaze fixed upon the ascending key. This is it. This is the night. Fire from the gods.
    And once more lightning rends the heavens, as though called forth by him, streaking downward toward the ruins, toward the key, toward the assemblage anxiously watching the sky.
    Striking the iron of the key, the lightning explodes outward with frightening intensity, fingers of electricity reaching out in every direction.
    The man's eyes open wide in a moment of shock and then it is all over as the fire consumes the string, he, his followers, incinerating everything in its path.
    Another moment and quiet returns to the plateau, silence hovering over the scorched corpses.
    Judgement. . .

Son of PW

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

Recently I have been playing Sacrifice. Here is my tribute to a great game from Shiny before they lost their way.

The Last Sacrifice

As dawn gave way to fitful overcast Grakkus, for the first time in his existence, actually felt tired.

The battle had been raging since the previous morning, and he had needed to make mighty efforts at the very beginning just to save his precious stock of souls from the ambush in the valley.

Jadugarr, wizard of the traitorous God Stratos, had assailed him with his full panoply of weather magic. The air was acrid with ozone from constant lightning bolts, one side of the ridge was scoured down to the bedrock from innumerable storms and tornadoes (in stark contrast to the green sward of the undamaged side). Even the bedrock itself was cracked from freezing spells.

Despite the intensity of the attack, Grakkus was still strong. He drew the power of his God James from the very ground itself, what happened in the air above was of little consequence.

This ridge-top ruin had proved a boon containing plenty of clay for the bodies of his creatures, and rocks of all sizes for ammunition. He had not even needed to resurrect any for the last hour, their hides were burnt and cracked from lightning and some were missing large pieces, but they were working well, able to destroy any of Jadugarr's creatures that dared come into range.

Unaccustomed to looking up, Grakkus only noticed the Silverback when it was almost upon him, an unlikely looking gigantic silver bear with huge slow-flapping Lammergeier wings.

It cast its freezing breath and the world went white. Flexing to throw off the skin of ice, Grakkus found his low-level creatures frozen solid. No matter, he still had his Jabberrocky.

Grakkus prepared a knock-down spell to bring the Silverback within reach. Looking up to target it, he noticed the small black shape of a Cloudkill spell sliding into position to deliver its payload. He ignored it, knowing his remaining creatures could take it in their stride.

But then a strange thing happened, the Cloudkill gathered its full energy and let loose a single titanic bolt – straight onto the Silverback!

The great beast convulsed and writhed with pain, but also began to glow with a strange light. Its mouth opened, and Grakkus just had time to feel resentment at what was clearly some kind of exploit before the entire ruin exploded into icy fragments, and his essence dissolved back into the Earth from whence it came.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!