Thread: Retrofit mod = custom campaign mod?

Default Retrofit mod = custom campaign mod?

I have laundry to check on soon Besides my first question, which one is the most current version, and why are the old ones still stickied there??

Thank YOU!
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Default Re: Retrofit mod = custom campaign mod?

Could someone please answer this guy's first question? because I'd like to know the answer too. Are the two mods the same?

If they are different, then I am curious as to why the features of both have not been made into a combined mod. It seems strange to me.

Libertus

Retrofit - vanilla with some kingdom features, with Grand Unit Addon Mod you can also play with kingdom units etc.
    Custom Campaign - like retrofit+playable Aztecs, Papal states, Mongols, Timurids, some new maps, kingdom units etc.

Read the first post in each mods own thread for a full list of features.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer View Post
    Read the first post in each mods own thread for a full list of features.
    Yes; thank you. I did.

I still do not quite see why the two have not been amalgamated though. One mod seems to have extensive unit rebalancing that the other does not have.

Libertus

Retrofit is listed as one of the major features of CC2:

The major features of the Custom Campaign Mod 2 are:

- Retrofit Mod: Adds many common features, fixes and improvements from Kingdoms including AI support armies, boiling oil, additional battle maps and hotseat multiplayer.

Yes; I know, but when I installed the Custom Campaign mod I didn't notice any difference from vanilla in regards to unit rebalancing, so I wondered if only certain features from Retrofit, or perhaps an earlier version, had been implemented in the Custom Campaign mod.

Libertus

Strange, I play CC2 at the moment and the units seems to be balanced as in Kingdoms. Cavalry unit size is smaller - 60 instead of 80 horses and infantry shield value has been raised to 8 instead of 6. AFAIK there is only one version of retrofit released and CC2 was released after Retrofit 1.0.

Okay, maybe I simply did not notice the changes. I read the list of changes, but somehow the unit balancing did not seem to be much different when I actually fought a battle.

I shall try another mod. Thanks!

In addition to the differences mentioned you can play as the rebels in Custom Campaign so you have a lot of settlements and a vast array of unit types around the globe and every single faction is at war with you. It's a nice campaign for a break from a normal campaign (worst sentence construction ever).
    "If we didn't have cruxifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess"

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Custom Campaign has more cash flow and easier recruitment. I would tell you more. but it has been ages since I played a campaign on it.

My recomendation is to just play out a short campaign with each and see how the game feels. Maybe a favorite faction that you know well in vanilla so that you can tell the differences.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.