Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RIO'S IBFD BRG II ideas and Corrections

Default RIO'S IBFD BRG II ideas and Corrections

1-Domain of Soissons should be able to build ships as the other Roman factions can

-First make a copy of your export_descr_unit. -

-Go to rio/data/export_descr_unit

-just add , empire_east_rebels as I done so.

type naval biremes

ownership empire_west, empire_east, eastern, romano_british, empire_west_rebels, slave, empire_east_rebels

type naval triremes

ownership empire_west, empire_east, eastern, romano_british, empire_west_rebels, slave, empire_east_rebels

type naval triremes

type naval quinquiremes

-----------------------------------------------------------
    ADD IN BURGUNDII GEBURS FOR BATTLES
    rio/data/descr_model_battle

type spear_german_warband;;;;;;;;;;;; Geburs
    skeleton fs_semi_fast_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture franks, rio/data/models_unit/textures/ATW_gebures3.tga
    texture lombardi, rio/data/models_unit/textures/ATW_gebures3.tga
    texture slave, rio/data/models_unit/textures/ATW_gebures4.tga
    texture burgundii, rio/data/models_unit/textures/ATW_gebures4.tga
    texture alemanni, rio/data/models_unit/textures/ATW_gebures2.tga
    texture saxons, rio/data/models_unit/textures/ATW_gebures.tga
    model_flexi rio/data/models_unit/ATW_gebures.cas, 15
    model_flexi rio/data/models_unit/ATW_gebures.cas, 30
    model_flexi rio/data/models_unit/ATW_gebures.cas, 40
    model_flexi rio/data/models_unit/ATW_gebures.cas, max
    model_sprite saxons, 60.0, rio/data/sprites/saxons_spear_warband_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, rio/data/sprites/slave_spear_warband_sprite.spr
    model_sprite burgundii, 60.0, rio/data/sprites/slave_spear_warband_sprite.spr
    model_sprite alemanni, 60.0, rio/data/sprites/alemanni_spear_warband_sprite.spr
    model_sprite franks, 60.0, rio/data/sprites/franks_spear_warband_sprite.spr
    model_sprite lombardi, 60.0, rio/data/sprites/franks_spear_warband_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

-----------------------------------------------------------
    -Short cut launcher icon is set up:
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -ai -show_err -mod:rio

delete -ai having the -ai will set up the AI to play your faction and the game will run on its own...should be:
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Several unit descriptions
    1Pedites Romanii

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Restructructuring the army of Aegidius, The Domain of Soissons

1.Altering the lower tier unit such as the Militia and the Roman Infantry to a Gallic influence and appearance

-Will be adding my ideas in detail later today with the intent on being shaped and altered. Any input on this thread will be appreciated

Pseudo comitatenses available only in Soissons:

adding another Gallic unit and an Alan foederati unit:

Rherel will take on a Gallic elite unit:

-militia cost: will be less expensive to recruit less for upkeep. will take on more of a Romano Gallic appearance
    attributes
    Roman Infantry Cost: will be less expensive to recruit less for upkeep. will take on more of a Romano Gallic appearance
    attributes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Re balancing some factions

Vandals esp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some retexturing and unit card 2d modeling of certain buildings

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've added a Barbarian penalty for conquering another Faction's ascribed Capital. Its a similar penalty to what the Romans face when occupying a foreign capital.

Alternate family trees
    Lowered win conditions by about 30%
    Increased trade income in the construction of the higher level barracks, Churches, and in other buildings to keep the Romans more afloat..
    The Bulgar's in the 434AD campaign will be an emergent faction
    Renamed cities and laced them in historical locations
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 06, 2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: r

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: RIO'S IBFD BRG II ideas and Corrections

1.Altering the lower tier unit such as the Militia and the Roman Infantry to a Gallic influence and appearance

-Will be adding my ideas in detail later today with the intent on being shaped and altered. Any input on this thread will be appreciated

Pseudo comitatenses available only in Soissons:

adding another Gallic unit and an Alan foederati unit:

Rherel will take on a Gallic elite unit:

-militia cost: will be more expensive to recruit but very much less for upkeep. will take on more of a Romano Gallic appearance
    attributes
    Roman Infantry Cost: will be more expensive to recruit but very much less for upkeep. will take on more of a Romano Gallic appearance
    attributes
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 28, 2008 at 02:06 PM.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I have a question slightly related to this topic

Should the Huns in the 465 campaign be able to still move around and conquer lands because they seem to be sitting there doing nothing in my campaign while The Bulgars are freely conquering the rebel provinces around them however they want with noone to stop them.

Icon11 Re: RIO'S IBFD BRG II ideas and Corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I have a question slightly related to this topic

Should the Huns in the 465 campaign be able to still move around and conquer lands because they seem to be sitting there doing nothing in my campaign while The Bulgars are freely conquering the rebel provinces around them however they want with noone to stop them.
    The Huns in 463AD were a faction that had its empire rapidly dissipate. They will be eventually over run by the Bulgar's and Slavs if controlled by the AI. The game has been designed for the factions to play out historically thus the Hun destiny is a doomed one and the Bulgar one will have bright future ahead of them, unless humane player wants to try and change this. The situation would be difficult to once again build an Hunnic empire but one that would be a challenge
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 28, 2008 at 06:45 PM.

The Huns were already very much in retreat, in fact forced out of Eastern Europe in about 454 around the time of the Battle of Nedao by the Ostrogoths. They then pretty well all of their Empire to the Slavs, Laungobardi, Gepids and other allied tribes. So really the depiction of the Huns as is is probably pretty good with their complete loss in Central/most of Eastern Europe and some infighting going on between competing successors and the 'Bulghar' arrivals. Bringing the Huns back would take another Atilla, possibly more.
    Besides, as far as balance goes for me it is always the Ostrogoths and Sassanians that are dominating in the east, not so much the Bulghars.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Rio,
    I'm playing WRE on 463AD with script "set alliances with WRE ERE". Capturing Ulpia sooner or later ERE will "betray" the alliance and siege this town. That happens while AI plays the others factions, but at the end ERE give up and become again allied, with the Diplomatic Announcement menu too :hmmm:... That happened for several turns, causing negative income each turn for Ulpia; I attacked the ERE army, but at the end of the turn they were allied again :hmmm:... Furthermore on each turn I've lost trade rights with ERE; when my diplomat asked for trade rights, they refused and become neutral, but then allied again and then sieging Ulpia again...

Then the scripts "higher and original difficulty vs Romans" oblige the player to exit from the game, install the proper script and restart RTW. I think that the script should be one only (original difficulty for me ...), but I think also that it would be nice to have the opinions of the other players to chose which one ...
    What do you all think about ?

ayeaye Sirs

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hi Rio,
    I'm playing WRE on 463AD with script "set alliances with WRE ERE". Capturing Ulpia sooner or later ERE will "betray" the alliance and siege this town. That happens while AI plays the others factions, but at the end ERE give up and become again allied, with the Diplomatic Announcement menu too :hmmm:... That happened for several turns, causing negative income each turn for Ulpia; I attacked the ERE army, but at the end of the turn they were allied again :hmmm:... Furthermore on each turn I've lost trade rights with ERE; when my diplomat asked for trade rights, they refused and become neutral, but then allied again and then sieging Ulpia again...

Then the scripts "higher and original difficulty vs Romans" oblige the player to exit from the game, install the proper script and restart RTW. I think that the script should be one only (original difficulty for me ...), but I think also that it would be nice to have the opinions of the other players to chose which one ...
    What do you all think about ?

ayeaye Sirs
    -Yes the frustrating part of a scripted alliance is it gets constantly broken for a turn ...maybe should change it to just neutral alliance?:hmmm:

- You think playing vs the Romans with them more of a challenge is too difficult margio?

Fixed the Pedites Romanii description to represent an armed force that can be created by local large land owners such as in he case of Gaul. Also they bare recruited in barbarian lands by such factions as the Franks, Ostrogoths Visigoths, and the Romano British. The description needed to be change to better represent this. approach to them

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    -Yes the frustrating part of a scripted alliance is it gets constantly broken for a turn ...maybe should change it to just neutral alliance?:hmmm:
    Now I'm playing WRE with no set alliance WRE ERE script, but nothing happened till now about this matter. Maybe it's too early, but I feel that with Ulpia capture something will happens sooner or later ...

- You think playing vs the Romans with them more of a challenge is too difficult margio?
    No, I like "more of a challenge" ...
    Playing Barbarians or Sassanids with "original difficulty" the Romans lands were too easily captured (WRE by Vandals, DoS by Franks...). Playing Barbarians or Sassanids with "higher difficulty" the Romans lands were kept, but all Factions seems "blocked" in their campaigns.
    I think that Romans faction should have a setup mixed from the two scripts. I feel that with this setup Romans faction can have more chance to survive and become challenging factions in long terms.
    BTW it was just because if playing a Roman and a Barbarian faction, you are obliged to exit the game each time ...

ayeaye Sir

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hello Rio,
    I'm playing Sassanids too with higher difficulty script... ERE it's a real challenge with their continuous attack to Hatra ...
    Just a question... why Tigranakert have Christian church? I'm sorry but I don't know history about, but it seems strange to me...
    Therefore I had one of the most hard task capturing and keeping Phanagoria... I lose it the first time by Bulgars ... Re-captured I lose it again by Rebels ... Once re-re-captured only after having finished to build Zoroastrian Large Temple and Academy (while capturing and losing this town) I could have happy people...

ayeaye Sir

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hello Rio,
    I'm playing Sassanids too with higher difficulty script... ERE it's a real challenge with their continuous attack to Hatra ...
    Just a question... why Tigranakert have Christian church? I'm sorry but I don't know history about, but it seems strange to me...
    Therefore I had one of the most hard task capturing and keeping Phanagoria... I lose it the first time by Bulgars ... Re-captured I lose it again by Rebels ... Once re-re-captured only after having finished to build Zoroastrian Large Temple and Academy (while capturing and losing this town) I could have happy people...

ayeaye Sir
    Hi margio, thanks for the update.

Tigranakert was strongly Christian in the 5th century. The Armenians early on adopted Christianity as its official religion. I wanted to portray that and they actually held a great deal of autonomy during this time after an effective rebellion against the Sassanids.

Let me know how those dark age dark age cavalry tanks do in your armies lol. Some powerful cavalry
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 02, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

Domain oF Soissons

Re did textures with those available from ATW and IBFD

Militia: soon
    Excalators
    Gallic Rherel
    Roman Infantry: recruited from land owners or villas

Last edited by Riothamus; January 02, 2009 at 10:42 PM.

Awesome units! I look forward to slaughtering them

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Awesome units! I look forward to slaughtering them

Domain of Soissons

re did the shields
    Militia
    Gallic Rherel
    Excalators
    Roman Infantry
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 03, 2009 at 02:59 PM.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

lowering the upkeep costs of the Sassinid, ERE, and WRE units.

improve public order and finances in some of the ERE settlements (the structure in place as of Rio VII and BRG makes sense for the WRE, but not the ERE, which was on a much sounder footing on both levels during this period)

improve public order infrastructure in ERE, especially in Egypt (more advanced churches etc)

0-turn recruitment, but really high upkeep, for barbarian units.

replace the Huns with the Alans

turn down, but don't entirely elimanate, the fiscal penalties for plague and blockade

increase the unit size for the Sassisnid cav units (44 men is way too small in comparison to the large infantry units deployed by the Bulgars etc)
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Foederatus

hello

i don't know if it's normal, but in my first campaign with Frank, i set the battle difficulty at Medium, cos i don't want to play the battles, and i want it to be as fair and as normal as it should be for the war against armies... but one of the very first battle, the ratio is like 2/1 for me... i clearly lose.... i suppose it can happened...
    so another battle after... ratio 10/7, 3/1, 5/2, when the army ratio is in my favor, generally i lose..... i realised that if the enemy attack me with a negative ratio to him, i will lose...
    one time, even with a 4/1 ratio for me! i've been crushed!!!!! it was so frustrating...

a lost once in a while when i'm suppose to win, i love it for the surprise.... but when i'm starting with not so poor units and Burgundii is winning easily, there is a problem!

Do you auto-resolve? If you do, that could be the problem. If not, you may need some more practice battlewise or perhaps you are using the wrong units against them.

I personally use a army high in Germanic Warbands, Schola Infantry, and Chatti Warbands and then when i'm more high end I start implementing the Franks special infantry like the Gesithas and Edhil Ethas or whatever their name is. Also keep 1 to 2 units of hunters to soften the enemy warbands up a bit. That will ultimately crush the Burgundii with ease.
    Last edited by Turkeys!; January 04, 2009 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirmajek View Post
    hello

i don't know if it's normal, but in my first campaign with Frank, i set the battle difficulty at Medium, cos i don't want to play the battles, and i want it to be as fair and as normal as it should be for the war against armies... but one of the very first battle, the ratio is like 2/1 for me... i clearly lose.... i suppose it can happened...
    so another battle after... ratio 10/7, 3/1, 5/2, when the army ratio is in my favor, generally i lose..... i realised that if the enemy attack me with a negative ratio to him, i will lose...
    one time, even with a 4/1 ratio for me! i've been crushed!!!!! it was so frustrating...

a lost once in a while when i'm suppose to win, i love it for the surprise.... but when i'm starting with not so poor units and Burgundii is winning easily, there is a problem!
    Hi Nirmajek,

Before going into battle check your enemies army experience , armour and weapon levels...this can make or break battles if they are superior to yours

-I've added a Barbarian penalty for conquering another Faction's ascribed Capital. Its a similar penalty to what the Romans face when occupying a foreign capital

-Made sure all Barbarian (Major)Capitals were to heavily penalize the Romans if conqurered.

Foederatus

oh, it's maybe a record... but a ratio 5/1 for me, and i'Ve been crushed LOL!!!!!

i always create balanced armies, always more of infantry, and maybe no archers, maybe no cavalry.... it depends

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast