Thread: Is this the end of 'For King or Country'?

Default Is this the end of 'For King or Country'?

I was just wondering if there is anything else that the developers of this mod plan to do to enhance the already fantastic gaming experience? Maybe things like specific models for specific leaders, perhaps the introduction of a fort system or something of the sort. Or is this mod 100% finished?

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Is this the end of 'For King or Country'?

AD said that he would take a break of from modding for a while. Unless someone else decides to take over production, then we won't have a FKoC 2.0.

Cogito Ergo Vicco

AD said that he would take a break of from modding for a while. Unless someone else decides to take over production, then we won't have a FKoC 2.0.
    Well hopefully someone decides to give it a go, they've already got a very strong foundation to work on. It's already a great mod, but there's always room for improvement. Is there any plan to put the mod on Empire?

Porting it to Empire (along with many other late 16th and 17th century projects) would be very welcome and probably much better (saying a lot!). I don't think this is the end. People will stumble upon it and as people become familiar with playing and modding Empire, undoubtedly the project will be resurrected and perhaps transformed. For example it might be possible to make a learning campaign based on the second civil war or the ireland campaign or suchlike or perhaps even wrap everything into one super duper big and awesome campaign, even. This isn't the end.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Ive been playing for King or country for a few days now and I am very impressed with it. I really hope its not the end for it as there’s so much more that could be done for example.

A few Irish maps for online and single player and perhaps a mini add on campaign.

Irish troops even some basic units as a third playable faction for the game.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!]

This mod could be so much more!

There is no mod or full game that even comes close to just how good FKoC is regarding recreating the English Civil War. I've been playing it for weeks now and it is still stunning me. Yes more can be done to do it but you can say that about any game, for me it's the last word on modding Med2 but hopefully not the last word for modding FKoC.

It's an amazing achievement and a great gift to the community.

Have onlt started playing FKoC today..And WOW this mod is great can see myself playing this none stop now till ETW comes out

Thanks for this Mod
    There is no such thing as Failure,
    You either succeed or you learn!

An Irish Confederacy faction, Grenadier troops and porting the game to Kingdoms all would add considerably to the game.

Maybe in the future eh?
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Is there any plan to put the mod on Empire?
    Not by me..I'm not even going to buy ETW since it's Steam only.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    An Irish Confederacy faction, Grenadier troops and porting the game to Kingdoms all would add considerably to the game.

Maybe in the future eh?
    Really? I was hoping for Orcs myself

Vangar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post

Maybe in the future eh?
    There weren't English grenadier troops until the late 17th century, if I remember correctly it wasn't until 1680 or so.

But an Irish faction and maybe a fully playable scottish covenant and of course a kingdoms port would be nice.

Btw: @ RedRider: Where can I see more of that 17th century mod? Those units look sweet, I'd like to play sweden myself ^^

There weren't English grenadier troops until the late 17th century, if I remember correctly it wasn't until 1680 or so.
    This isn't quite true. There were grenadier troops, essentially dismounted cavalry armed with grenades. However it's true that there were no grenadier regiments until after the war.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Btw: @ RedRider: Where can I see more of that 17th century mod? Those units look sweet, I'd like to play sweden myself ^^
    Sorry to advertise for another mod in this thread, but those units are from XVIIth Century Mod: Dominium Maris Baltici, in the Kingdoms: Hosted Modifications section. I also believe there is a 30 Years War mod in development, but is still in the Wips, Ideas and Proposals section, which I believe is using some of the material from FKOC. From what I've seen on most of these mods, it seems that many people have an interest in this century of warfare.