Thread: ports and cheating

Default ports and cheating

I have modded to cheat a bit
    Playing as Rome and given myself plenty money.
    Changed the ports to 25,000 to built and increased the built time to 26 turns.
    up grades to 50,000 and only 8 turns to build,as my thinking is the initial hard part would be building the port but upgrading would take less time.
    Also to stop having loads of ships every where.
    Anyway my goal is to take Italy as far as bonnonia and no more,take Sicily.
    I allow myself to take Carthage and sack a few Carthaginian city's to stop them constantly attacking capua.
    There after my goal is to defeat and attack Egypt.
    I cannot expand in Italy and am only allowed to defend what i have,i can sack a city but leave it so as it reverts back to whoever owned it.
    I also changed the relationship with parthia making them less friendly with bactria and selucian and gave them a few million with my diplomat and they are expanding ok.

Reasons being was.
    I have never been able to fight the Parthians as Rome as they are always gone by the time i get anywhere near them and i am sick of Egypt steam rollering in each game.

Ps i would like to know which file to edit to make ships more expensive and can someone tell me,if i destroy a port how much does it cost to rebuild it as they seem to get re build pretty quickly after i destroy them?:hmmm:

Default Re: ports and cheating

The ship problem has been discussed and addressed in this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197982
    Rebuilding ports costs just the same as building them - if you've captured the city and destroyed its port. I do not know what is the situation if you use an assassin to sabotage the port(if at all possible). I would imagine that the building is just damaged and could be repaired in 1 turn for less money than it costs - as it is with siege damages.

Quinn is working on buffing Parthia for ExRm 4.0, there is also a special thread about the Ptolemies. The Carthaginians should not make naval invasions on Capua anymore, not with the latest hotfix.

If you try the changes in ship stats, bear in mind that I geared them mostly toward medium campaign difficulty - you might want to increase recruitment/maintenance a bit more for hard. And please post what your experiences were - I'm sure Quinn could use the feedback for 4.0.

Default Re: ports and cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    The ship problem has been discussed and addressed in this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197982
    Rebuilding ports costs just the same as building them - if you've captured the city and destroyed its port. I do not know what is the situation if you use an assassin to sabotage the port(if at all possible). I would imagine that the building is just damaged and could be repaired in 1 turn for less money than it costs - as it is with siege damages.

Quinn is working on buffing Parthia for ExRm 4.0, there is also a special thread about the Ptolemies. The Carthaginians should not make naval invasions on Capua anymore, not with the latest hotfix.

If you try the changes in ship stats, bear in mind that I geared them mostly toward medium campaign difficulty - you might want to increase recruitment/maintenance a bit more for hard. And please post what your experiences were - I'm sure Quinn could use the feedback for 4.0.
    Thanks I had seen the posts on Egypt and the ships, I will let you know how I get on,obviously It will be relatively easy for me having so much money but I wanted to see what it was like with less ports and ships around and of course I mainly wanted Parthia to be stronger than they normally are.
    I will keep you posted on what i find Ref above.