Thread: RIO'S IBFD BRG II LAUNCHER SET UP INFO

Default RIO'S IBFD BRG II LAUNCHER SET UP INFO

This post is to help those who need to change their installation path from the installers set up destination path and thus also to change the rio launcher icon target and start in destination

Posted by margio.

Hello and Welcome to Everybody.
    I hope to find your Campaigns in the thread "Post your Empire/Kingdoms here" :original:...!
    BTW hereby what I have done to reply to all You players that found problems with the Launcher setup.
    NOTE: I have all menus in Italian, so some words can be different, because I don’t remember the exact english words.
    NOTE 2: it is a long procedure and maybe not easy for everybody, but it worked for me ...

Inside the Rome Total - War folder where BRG II is installed, there is the file “RIO IBFD BRG II.ink” that is the short cut launcher, which icon is a general icon (with windows symbol inside)
    If you right click on it and on the menu, then you select properties, you will find the following lines/setup
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

A visual of the info above
    http://www.badongo.com/file/12472435

BUT if you have installed BRG II in your own path (as I have done) or you have RTW Gold Edition (as I have), the path not written in bold doesn't match. What written in bold is same for all releases.
    Examples:
    1) if you have RTW Gold edition it is:
    Target: "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"
    2) if you create your own path, as I have made, it is:
    Target: "C:\RTW & BI\Barbarians\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\RTW & BI\Barbarians\Rome - Total War"

To create the launch icon on the desktop, what I have made:
    1) right click on the desktop and on the menu select “New” and click on “Link”
    2) then search for the RIO IBFD BRG II file.ink: it is in the RTW folder where you installed BRG II (make a backup copy of it!)
    3) select it and click OK
    4) you have the complete path, but of what written (not in bold as above) in the file provided with the mod.
    5) change the words NOT written in bold (as above), and write your path of BRG II install.
    there is written:
    Target: "C:\Programmi\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"
    change in:
    Target: "C:\YOUR PATH\YOUR PATH\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\YOUR PATH\YOUR PATH\Rome - Total War"
    6) remember to write at the -mod:rio –show_err –nm (this last skip the introduction movie and it’s optional), because it may not be written.
    7) there is a menu asking to write the name of the link: write what you want ... and then click OK.
    8) you will have your launch icon on the desktop, with the Barbarian Invasion Icon
    9) right click on it and select “Property”
    10) then click on “Change Icon” button, go to RTW folder where you have installed BRG II and you will find the Rio Icon.
    11) select it
    12) finally click on “Apply” button
    You should have the Launcher with the Rio Icon ...!

As I said it works for me, so I hope that I have been useful and allow you to play … otherwise please let me know…

ayeaye Sirs
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 13, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: RIO'S IBFD BRG II LAUNCHER SET UP INFO

hi there Rio...
    I managed to configure correctly the launcher but I get a crash error upon loading the mod and a small window that merrily informs me that:

Script error in rio/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2443, column 34 expected 'requires' or nothing.

I instaled the mod over an instalion that had only previosly instaled INVASIO BARBARORVM 7.03 upgrade

Any ideas??? is the IBFD BRG II an update over that mod???
    thx

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza de Oveja View Post
    hi there Rio...
    I managed to configure correctly the launcher but I get a crash error upon loading the mod and a small window that merrily informs me that:

Script error in rio/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2443, column 34 expected 'requires' or nothing.

I instaled the mod over an instalion that had only previosly instaled INVASIO BARBARORVM 7.03 upgrade

Any ideas??? is the IBFD BRG II an update over that mod???
    thx
    Hi Pizza de Oveja and welcome here

I see one major glare...the INVASIO BARBARORVM 7.03 is a completely different mod

the IBFD IBFD BRG II Expansion is a stand alone mod
    That is all you need along with the options download

Let me know how it goes ok

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

terribly sorry for my complete ignorance...
    I'll try installing it on a clean install then
    Thx!

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

hey i have the same problem, but i installed it over a completely fresh copy of the game... I have no clue whats goin on, downloaded the latest patch for this as well could someone help me out?