Thread: Complete the English Release for Christmas, please

Default Complete the English Release for Christmas, please

OIM Team,

Please complete the English Release. So many of us have waited for YEARS.

It is torture to see how great the mod looks, to read how great it is to play, and to be unable to play it because we can't read Russian.

We want to enjoy your masterpiece. Please complete the translation . If you could do it by Christmas, that would be the greatest Christmas present we could get.

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Complete the English Release for Christmas, please

Seconded that

This mod is awsome, and if you translate it to english you would receive much more support for its development.

Well, last time I heard, they were focusing on the upcoming Empire: Total War game, which they will use for the latest version of OiM.

That said, I second the motion to release an English translation of the mod. In fact, I heard that they were more or less complete with the translation, then I heard they needed someone who is fluent in both langauges to help them with some parts of the translation. I dunno. I've asked at least one of them (maybe more) about it, but so far I've gotten no response.

Since I know my way around the RTW interface, I can still play, say, the Custom Battles, but since I don't know Russian, I'm not sure exactly what the units are for, say, countries other than Poland (well, I can guess a little, but still) and basically I can't play the campaign.

So, yes, I would prefer an imperfect, though usable, English translation to be released, so that non-Russian speakers can enjoy the fullness of the mod.

hick09's Avatar Miles

GhostOfDisco
    Do you know Russian? Simply now the OiM Team is in crisise. There are a few new members, but the most of members "have tired". If you are ready to help with translation, I ask the main creators. Now 2/3 of translation is ready.

I wish I did know Russian.