Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: the SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III thread.

Default the SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III thread.

the SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III thread.

discuss ideas you want to see in the latest version of the mod. it will start at the battle of thermopolae, and will be designed to play as sparta, athens, macedon, rome or any greek state in the main. much of it is already done, we are just working on the starting positions.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: the SPARTA_TOTAL_WAR_III thread.

spartan 666, the desc_strat is attached below, you can work off that but it has units from the latest beta so it wont run with vanilla rtw. for that you will need to install the latest beta [it is modfoldered] i linked in the pm + all the files here.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

ok, I'll give it a look now...does it require BI or ALX to run, or just basic RTW?

rtw 1.5

i must sign off now to sort out some updates n stuff, laters

here it is: faction egypt moved in crete and all egyptian regions given to parthia. one thing I didn't understand:what do you mean with "all of eastern regions"? Do I have to give them ALL to parthia? and the other factions (pontus, armenia...)?

sorry, here's the file

hi spartan 666, that was quick ~ thanks mate!

here is a map of the time we are reproducing...

i only want to give persia byzantium in europe though.

can you make 1 new city in boetia [the island next to athens], that is the only new region we need.

ok then it is factions. they stay the same in the west [for now at least], but we will need more greek factions.

pontus can go to corinth,

armenia can be moved to epirus,

parthia will have their old regions, i think that will be enough for them. Persian capital should be Persepolis, as shown on map ~ you can make it whatever region is nearest.

selucid [athens] should just have athens + the new region.

thanks mate, you will of course be credited for your work.

btw did the mod work ok for you as i wasnt sure if i gave you the right files as i am changing things all the time.

yes it worked fine...well, to be honest I didn't try playing, just looked if the new descr_strat.txt worked with no problems. Ok, tomorrow as soon as I have some free time I will do those changes and post the files (there will be quite a lot, considering the need of adding a new region!)

oh, as for the region...you "mixed" two things, so it's unclear...do I have to add a region in Boeotia (north-west of Athens) or in Euboea (the island east of Athens)?
    Last edited by Spartan 666; December 12, 2008 at 04:54 AM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    yes it worked fine...well, to be honest I didn't try playing, just looked if the new descr_strat.txt worked with no problems. Ok, tomorrow as soon as I have some free time I will do those changes and post the files (there will be quite a lot, considering the need of adding a new region!)
    Great work so far and welcome to the team!

thanks for the welcome Legio!

here it is:
    -created new region Euboea
    -pontus moved to Corinth
    -armenia moved to Epirus
    -seleucid left with only Athens and Chalkis (Euboea)
    -all eastern regions given to parthia
    -Campus Sakae given to scythia (taken away from parthia, the Persian Empire never reached those areas)
    -slightly modified the ground types to allow the creation of the new settlement

to run just unrar the archive and overwrite the old files, delete map.rwm and map_heights.hgt in sparta\data\world\maps\base.

wow thanks spartan, you read my mind on much of it! that has really help us get on as i was struggling with it. i was going to add the island next to athens, but it doesn’t matter.

i have given the spartans black and white plumes as i said and have made some new early macedonians, thessalians and am working on athenians. i have some skins for all the other greek factions that just need touching up and am adding new italian hoplites.

if i get some time off it wont take long to complete now.

btw if you want to join the myth_tw team as well then go to the recruitment section for instructions and i will accept you into the team. we could do with some help as the mod is done except for the map. i can do it if you don’t have time though.

sorry i wasnt online last night, i was way too drunk.

i just tried it, but got an error, it could not create a region ~ i presume this was the new one. i have deleted the relevant files too.

error message;

/desc_strat.txt, line 1410, column 12, could not create settlement at script line 1410

any chance of fixing this please.
    Last edited by Amorphos; December 13, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

for Quetz: here's the "world" folder that works fine, at least with me...try it, as before, with the very same files you posted for me...

a mod for sparta sounds awesome guys!

Macedonia was,is and will always be Hellenic.
    it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

downloaded, and it works! thanks spartan!

we just need to move the thracians to larrisa [currently macadon] so then legio can rename them thessaly [i have already made the units]. oh, and move scipii to the spartan [greek cities] district to the north [forgot name of]. they can be epirus or something. the greek district in sicily can be given to brutii, then i think thats it, we are ready to rename factions and hand out all the units and we are done!

i cant wait to add those big persian and small greek armies then play this thang.

Content Emeritus

Who is who again?

current...

julii > etruscans

brutii > Magna Graecia

thrace > thessaly

selucid > athens

parthia > persian empire

to do...

pontus and armenia, i am not sure as yet, i think pontus are epirus and armenia are corinth, when the map is finished i’ll upload the mod so you can see for yourself. hopefully agi will help too.

scipii will also be a greek faction i cannot remember what agi said was the faction for the ‘greek cities’ region just north west of sparta.

ooh i have made some nice cretan units!

Content Emeritus

I'll change it when we have the list finalized.

sure thang mate, the ones listed are as they will be, but i understand if it is easier to do them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    downloaded, and it works! thanks spartan!

we just need to move the thracians to larrisa [currently macadon] so then legio can rename them thessaly [i have already made the units]. oh, and move scipii to the spartan [greek cities] district to the north [forgot name of]. they can be epirus or something. the greek district in sicily can be given to brutii, then i think thats it, we are ready to rename factions and hand out all the units and we are done!

i cant wait to add those big persian and small greek armies then play this thang.
    glad to hear that!

let's see if I got it correctly...
    -thracian to larissa
    -scipii where to? I gave Corinth to pontus and Epirus to Armenia as you told me...maybe you mean Aetolia? Please give me the correct names or I'll mess up everything!
    -brutii to Syracuse?

yeah sorry about that, i must have messed up somewhere when installing. good work ~ it already looks great!

yes thracians to larrisa [their regions to slave ~ we can make thrace into a rebel faction].

scipii to...

region Aetolia

give brutii

region Sicilia_Graecus

i think that is it then, thanks for your work ~ i will send you the complete version long before release so we can all test it. i can send you working beta’s as we go to ~ if you like. the screenies will come thick and fast next week and maybe some at the weekend, so keep an eye out ok.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast