View Poll Results: Shall Marcus be granted the rank of Citizen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 70.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • Abstain

2 20.00%

Thread: [PASSED 17/12/08] [Citizen] MarcusAureliusAntoninus (Patron: Auror)

Default [PASSED 17/12/08] [Citizen] MarcusAureliusAntoninus (Patron: Auror)

[user]MarcusAureliusAntoninus[/user]I've worked on the EB team for about two years now. Most of my work has been beta-testing and small edits, but I have also made minimods for EB over the years, such as my poorly named "City Mod". My main job within the team is to manage the forums and preform PR-ish jobs, for instance I am the one who is supposed to be contacted if someone want to get in contact with the EB team. Most of my "work" for EB consists of answering questions at the two EB forums and two EB2 forums. I also have a long running AAR for EB in which I've done a great deal of mid-game personal modding for roleplaying purposes. I rarely wander far from the EB fora or subfora of other mods I may be playing at the time, but have enjoyed my time spent at the TWC. I do not seek the "Artifex" title, as there are many people within the EB team that deserve it more than I, but "citizenship" may help give EB more legitimate feel around the TWC."

[user]Auror[/user]Good day, members of the CdeC , I want to nominate Marcus Aurelius Antoninus for the title of Citizen because of his contributions to the Europa Barbarorum mod. Having spent two years as a member of the renowned team must surely attest to his hard work and dedication to the mod. Although he has done little modding work, he has certainly done an admirable job in promoting the mod and helping others out with technical support. MAA's work on his AAR, 'The Pyrrhic Dynasty', attests to his impressive knowledge of classical antiquity. In my opinion, he should definitely be recognized for his contributions to the TWC community and the EB Team. I hope that you will find him worthy as well.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Default Re: [Citizen] MarcusAureliusAntoninus (Patron: Auror)

Ooh, ooh, I love EB!

Oh yeah, and the candidate looks good as well.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

PR for a large mod such as EB? Alright... I might be a little biased but this guy can have whatever rank he wants in my mind. That job is hard.

I would know...
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

I know what kind of work this is, and have nothing but respect for someone who does it for such a large mod.

Looks good. However don't you guys feel a citizen should at least have some interest in the DD part of the forums?
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Yes. And he can choose whatever he wants to be.

As of now, I must abstain. Even though PR for EB ain't easy I feel he should be heard more in the CC and the likes.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

He's choosing citizenship out of humility, since he doesn't feel he deserves the rank of artifex.

Guy's a class act and does good work. Yes. Although I'd like the Curator to send him a message saying by all means he can be an artifex and that the CdeC feels he is deserving of that rank.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by Chim View Post
    Looks good. However don't you guys feel a citizen should at least have some interest in the DD part of the forums?
    Nope not at all. I honestly could've cared less about D&D when I was put up for citizenship and to this day still don't really concern myself with it too much. Would we say to someone who is obviously going for Civitate that they should be more involved in the Total War side of the community? I think not.

If Civitates were expected to contribute to the TW side, I wouldn't be here. The key thing here is whether he is going for Citizen because he feels he contributes equally to both, or whether it's as Boeing says: out of humility. In his paragraph he states he feels he doesn't deserve it and is going for Citizen to balance things out. I think that's a perfectly acceptable reason (though he certainly deserves Artifex), and as such I wouldn't demand CC contribution or interest. Prefer? Yes, because I like the CC side of the ball, but not demand.

Then again, my vote doesn't count.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

I think citizen is the catchall, his contributions are worthy of citizenship. That's the end of the story for me. If he was applying as a civitate, then I would reccomend that he reclassify himself as an artifex, but citizen is fine. I personally was offered all three, as I was involved with a mod and the CC as well. What I chose realy doesn't matter other than the fcat that I am found much more frequently in the CC.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Granted, I judge on your contributions period. You make the choice on which badge you wish to display. In the end we are all citizens, just took different paths to get here. All the badge to me is a distinction of which side of the forums you are comfortable with if you will. Citizen is citizen and will all be bound to the same criteria for me. I can only judge you on what you give me to judge you on. You love to see someone who is all around, but I will not penalize anyone for not being involved in other areas of the site if they are good at what they are doing. However I will take into consideration any and everywhere you post on the site when deciding my vote for your citizenship.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Well, if someone with my contribution resume applied for artifex I'd definitely say he needs to apply for the civitate badge, but yeah, I'm not going to hold it against the guy.

Woops I meant Civitate not citizen in my above post.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23