Thread: Mod Question

Default Mod Question

This is a trivial question, but, being new to the mod world I have to ask. Can I load more than one instance of a TW game? One I can mod and the other I can play? Would I have to do it on multiple hard drives?

Default Re: Mod Question

You can have multiple copies of the files in your pc (when you install the game you just copy the clean game's folder as many times as your disc space allows). But this is not the optimal solution. RTW and M2 have a modfolder capability, where you can have the contents of your mod(s) in entirely separate folder(s) inside your game's main folder, so that vanilla files are untouched and the files of each mod do not conflict wityh each other. Details about the modfoldering process depend on the game.

Where would I find more info about this mod folder capability?

In the Workshop subforums of the RTW and M2TW sections respectively (not sure if there's a "complete guide" with all relevant data compiled on the subject though) and the TWC Wiki.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

You could DL a small mod which is self contained and look at how it's set up, which files are changed and how they effect the game. There is a list here, if a mod is on that page and has a totally green folder then it's safe to DL and install, ie; it won't corrupt your original installation.

Note, a lot of the RTW mods have 'coming soon' in the DL column, not sure why since to get on that list a mod has to be released.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It means the link is coming soon, not the mod I think my successor needs to still attend to this
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I pity your successor.

All entries now have "download" links.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

I meant my successor to keeping the Wiki mod tables updated, not you
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Who's to say I'm not both?