Thread: Anyone know where to get cheap armor, etc?

Does any one know where to get cheap armor, and sheilds? Because I have been looking on line for ever for some thing not $300.00. I found my Lorica Segmetata and Gallic E(?)helmet that way, but other than that tough luck can you guys help me out?

Prince Alexius

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Armor is expensive, and that's all there is to it. Unless you're extremely diligent or extremely lucky, don't expect to get decent stuff for cheap. That said, it would probably help the people here if you'd give the exact kind of stuff you're looking for, and your intended price ranges for each. There are plenty of pieces of Roman armor online for less than $300.

-Simetrical
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

Wrong Forum
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Are you planning on using it for reenacting or just having it around? If you are using it for reenacting, use the following link to look for suppliers:

Legion Supplier Links

If you are using it for reenacting, have anything checked out with your unit commander first. Also, shields are pretty easy to make, look under the shields section at the XXth Legion's site for instructions on how to make a shield.

thanks guys

Prince Alexius

ebay!
    "Jamf was only a fiction, to help him explain what he felt so terribly, so immediately in his genitals for those rockets each time exploding in the sky... to help him deny what the could not possibly admit: that he might be in love, in sexual love, with his, and his race's, death." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Join my Dark Throne army!
    Proudly patronizing Nihil

Seleucus I Nicator's Avatar Campidoctor

I think I will start buying armor when I get a job. Then I can challenge people to duel with my nice medieval armor and sword.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

I'm in the market for 12th century chainmail (replica) at a decent price too. Perhaps fingerprints would be a better place for this thread.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

I still want a Corinthian Helmet...

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004