Thread: Awesome mod! Just one problem though :/

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Default Awesome mod! Just one problem though :/

I can't make any units switch from ranged to melee. None of my cavalry will switch to melee unless they being attacked in close combat. I love this mod but this is a huge turn off. I also don't know how to make my musketmen use volley fire instead of at random.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; December 06, 2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Awesome mod! Just one problem though :/

please clarify what you mean by this.do you mean you cannot elect to engage in melee,or do you mean that the units will not engage even when atacked???this will sound stupid but legitimate,but did you try holding Alt when attacking an enemy???and by volley vs random,do you mean they are firing as individuals instead of the fire by rank???by this I mean do they all fire and then rotate the line front to back before firing again,or do they stay put and fire at will???

I cannot make any units except for pikemen rush the enemy and attack in close combat. I wanted to use some cavalry to attack the enemy musketmen but they will only fire not rush and attack. I also do not understand the individual fire/ rank fire or how to switch between firing modes. Units will engages in melee if they are being charged and attacked in melee but I cannot make them do it.

Oh no i didnt try Alt. Thanks!!!
    I did see my units rotating but I'm not sure if it does that with the fire at will option on or not.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; December 06, 2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: OOPS

if they are rotating rank they are set to volley fire unde the fire by rank method.if you want them to fire individually then you must actively set them to skirmish mode during battle.under this they will fire at will(meaning the men will fire when they are finished loading vs waiting for a ranked volley,but they will also retreat from contact with the enemy when approached until you turn this mode off.and yes,holding alt is the way to get all fire arm(read gun,arrow,crossbow)armed units to engage in melee

Thanks man, I apreciate the help.

Anytime