Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drawings of prestigex

Default Drawings of prestigex

EDIT (April 30 2013) - I have put my drawings under "Spoiler" tags, and have tried to organize this a bit better.

Hello, I have recently discovered this corner of the site. Been on here a while, longtime fan of TW series.
    I usually draw things other than "warfare". Still, being that I'm on this site / play the game, I enjoy making drawings based on "swashbuckling" entertainments (ie. Robing hood with kevin costner, braveheart, excalibur, 3 musketeers, etc)

I've picked out the drawings that have a tw theme -I make stuff all the time as a hobby and if you suggest something I'd be happy to try.

thank you.

Under the 'show/hide' are all the drawings that are not specifically mentioned in posts below, plus the original drawings I had when I first made this thread.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 30, 2013 at 07:03 PM.

Default Re: Drawings of prestigex

Nice start mate, i respect your works, and believe me you have a light about drawing, especially your the boyar sketch is looking nice.

Keep them up, i'd like to see more drawings of yours, like boyars at least.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

You can draw, that is obvious I think, your forms show a good amount of fluidity.
    You also have vision and aren't afraid to try risky scenes with depth of foreground and background. With constant practice I believe you have a big room to expand your skills.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

It's been a long time since I've come on the TW forums, or played any of the TW games, but I am glad to see this thread is still around. It's been about a year, and I have many more "TW themed" drawings which I've attached below.

As before, let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for "Themes, characters, Battles, Era's" etc, feel free and leave a comment.

I have some more that I will upload in a few days, one of "De Brus" as he smites De Houn at beginning of a famous battle.

Thanks.
    Here I have placed all the "Dark-Age" stuff

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 30, 2013 at 06:53 PM.

Here I have added photo-links, getting rid of the Attachments - which weren't even really working it seems.

(Good thing I have the required number of posts to edit!)

At the top, is a unit called "The 87th Connaught Rangers" - they are depicted in the Sharpes series by Bernard Cornwell. ( You may recall the Napoleonic war tv-series with Sean Bean). In the book, they are said to wear Red-Coats with Blue facings, so I had a bit of fun in coming up with their uniform.

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 30, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

At the top, is "Toussaint L'Overture" - he led the Haitian revolution which sought to give Haitians independence and the right of self-governance. Essentially, Toussaint saw himself as a loyal subject of France, and when the revolution was declared in Paris-- he declared for it as well, wanting the values of "Liberty, Egalite, and Fraternite" for his own as well.
    He was a military and civic leader.

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 30, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

Good, good

And welcome back, mate.

Here is the Battle of Bannockburn.

Apparently, De Bohun (the english knight) had his head split in two but that would of been too gruesome, so I just went with a clean-decap (if such a thing can be called clean!).

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 06, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

You have some very nice stuff, keep practicing. Main focus could be to work on proportions.

You made these with a pencil? Or did you make a few with software?

You could upload images to imageshack, most of the time it works properly. Or you could add your images to your deviantart account and then insert them here as well (it is preferred if you don't use the file manager of twc).

Thanks. I make these with pencil, pen, marker, or pencil-crayon. Now and then I scan a B&W drawing and then colour it in photoshop.

Here, at the top is a drawing of "Simon De Montfort" - a 13th century knight who became "de facto ruler" of England for a time, after the Barons Rebellion. (think Brittania campaign Baron Alliance).

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 30, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

Here's one that is only "kind of" related to TW - but, with the approach of Rome 2 , I felt that a drawing of Hercules might fit since the sort of Hellenic tradition is a core value of the 'known world' at the time. He's meant to be a 'youth' in this drawing, standing over a defeated lion.

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 30, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Here's a drawing of the "Order Knights".

From left to right, a Templar, an Hospitaller, and a Teutonic knight.

Templars (The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon , 1119 - 1312)
    Hospitaller (The Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, 1099 - present)
    Teutonic (The Order of Brothers of the German House of Saint Mary in Jerusalem, 1190 - present)

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 06, 2013 at 09:37 PM.

Here is "The Battle of Viktov Hill" -- the Hussites defended Prague from the onslaught of HRE and Kingdom of Hungary.
    That's Jan "One-Eyed" Zizka, in the middle.

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 06, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Holy !!!!!

This art is awesome !

+ rep for that

Excellent art there continue Prestigex, the more you'll practice the best you'll be !
    I can't be more constructive because i'm not a drawer, but i'm sure that you will improve your result with each drawings.
    +rep

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Hello - just wanted to send a warm Thank you for those who've given me "rep points". =)

I haven't made much in the past week or so that is of a TW theme, but I have got a few lined up to post here soon.

Here is a small drawing of "Bellona" -- she was an ancient Roman goddess of war. Her name is derived from the Latin word "bellum" which means war.

Last edited by PrestigeX; April 27, 2013 at 09:52 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Your art has a charming aesthetic - I love it!

Thanks Chloe -

Here is a drawing of the medieval Baltic infantry. Also, a drawing of a siege assault - Knights (red) defending against Kievan (blue/yellow) attack.

This is how I imagine the Barorija on foot -- having the general 'look' of Western Heavies , but not nearly as well equipped. Also depicted is the light infantry - Sudovian tribesman, Estonian spearman, and Samogitian warrior.

Last edited by PrestigeX; June 03, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Here's a few -- Mars, Memnon, and Dixie (her name is Dixie, she is from the south, and she's just "So happy ya'll could come visit this here page" )

Here is "Memnon" - An Ethiopian warrior-king who brought an army to defend Troy during the Trojan Wars. He was son of Eos (Greek Goddess of Dawn), and was made immortal by Zeus after he was slain by Achilles in a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlοė View Post
    Your art has a charming aesthetic - I love it!
    Thats totally what I thought of it! It kind of looks like it was made by medieval or ancient artist, hard to explain.

Anyway, great to see that you make progress and most of the pictures get better and better by time. +REP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast