Thread: Crash in macedon's turn

Default Crash in macedon's turn

Hey guys. Really like this mod, but am going to have to stop playing if these crashes persist, so was hoping I could get some help.

RTRPE works fine pretty much all the time, battles run fine, I can play campaign most of the time. This problem however, has me scuppered.

After I press the end turn button it will crash. I have toggled the FOW and have found it happens when a certain macedonian diplomat interacts with a certain town (not mine). I have tried restarting from an earlier save and got a couple of turns further before this happened. I have installed the hotfix for rebellions.

Is there a way round this?
    I would be quite happy to cheat to have him killed so it didn't happen, if that is what needs doing, but the kill_character cheat either doesn't work or I am typing something wrong.

Any help would be great. Thanks, M

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Crash in macedon's turn

have you got Florin's CTD fix installed?

Yes, I have his fix for CTDs in rebellions, Although I didn't start a new game after the install if that makes any difference. M

no, it should work with saves as well AFAIK.

Groovy! But anyone got any other workarounds? M

Is there a different forum I should post this in to get more replys? A more active one? Thanks for your help. M

the thing is you're in the entirely correct forum. it doesn't get any correcter than this. you can try posting in the RTR (2 up from this one) or RTRPE forum (1 up).

Let's first check if you've got the CTD fix installed correctly. When you open your training window (where you select your units to train), have you got a unit in there that is horrendously expensive (like 34K) and that takes 3 turns to build? If not, we're on to something... let me know (i'll keep an eye out - or you can PM me).

Yep, I have a unit of velites that cost 33k and take three turns to build. Is that how it's meant to be? Thanks mate, good to have some help. M

That is indeed how it's meant to be. I'm afraid I can't help you further - maybe try the other forums?

I'm having the same problem, I get to 268 bc then it crashes when I end the turn. I'm playing Macadon and I have taken all of Greece mainland.

Really sad because I was looking forward to expanding into an empire

I just installed Florin's CTD fix and everythings fine now but I had to delete the save game, been playing a long time now and no more crashes.

Thanks to Florin's Mod and Delvecchio1975 for pointing me in the right direction.