Thread: Just a note

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Just a note

I have noticed several of you jumping in and helping your fellow classmates with their problems when I am not online. Often someone else comes up with the answer before I even get to read the post.

That is awesome. It means that not only are you grasping how it is supposed to work, but that there is a bit of a team effort in here. I really appreciate it, the more sets of eyes on a problem the better.

Some of you are already on mod teams, and working together like that will make your mod team stronger. For those of you that are not on a mod team this may be a good start to forming or joining a team. Whether you end up joining a mod team or not, anything you ever need help with regarding a mod you can all definitely feel free to shoot me a PM. If I can give a bit of help I will.

Thanks again,
    GED

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Default Re: Just a note

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I have noticed several of you jumping in and helping your fellow classmates with their problems when I am not online. Often someone else comes up with the answer before I even get to read the post.
    That is awesome. It means that not only are you grasping how it is supposed to work, but that there is a bit of a team effort in here. I really appreciate it, the more sets of eyes on a problem the better.
    Some of you are already on mod teams, and working together like that will make your mod team stronger. For those of you that are not on a mod team this may be a good start to forming or joining a team. Whether you end up joining a mod team or not, anything you ever need help with regarding a mod you can all definitely feel free to shoot me a PM. If I can give a bit of help I will.
    Thanks again,
    GED
    This is a small example of how people should exist in the real world.
    Should the world have learned to work and live together in harmony, then our lives would have been worth living
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Absolutely.

Also, I havent been ignoring the class, I am just wayyyy pressed for time right now. I will try to get everything caught up later tonight and tomorrow morning.

Well said, my friends. GrnEyedDvl, we know you're doing your best. Thanks for the vote of confidence

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Another little note.

I have been working on a project for quite a while. I am going to offer a few spots to people in this class that wish to be a part of the biggest most complex script ever written for M2. I will need some building/traits coders and artists. Myself and Mimirswell will be doing the scripting. Anyone that is interested let me know. Check it out here.

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

will this project (which looks great by the way) also be incorporating the slowest turns in M2 history?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    j/k :laughing:

i've always heard the complex scripts are the number 1 killer of endturn times.
    Last edited by Hunter Makoy; December 22, 2008 at 11:26 AM.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I never intended to change turns or number of turns, just the way the money flows.

Scripts can kill end turn times, if done wrong

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

so ur script will not allow me to go to a bar, have a beer, and come home all before the papal states symble shows up at the top?
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

It shouldnt lol

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

but I really like the idea of the project.

It's very ambitious but if you get it done, it will be one of the most useful scriptmods out there.