Thread: whats the best tool for screenshot taking?

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Icon5 whats the best tool for screenshot taking?

hey, I a mgoing to need a good way of screen taking for beta testing. so, please, what is the best (free) way?
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

Default Re: whats the best tool for screenshot taking?

Best free way is to press print screen button on your keyboard mate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
    Best free way is to press print screen button on your keyboard mate
    well, that does me very little good since I CANT VEIW IT!!!! but thanks......
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

They will be saved as in a folder called TGA`s in your Rome directory.You can then load them into Gimp or any art package that can read tga pics.

I got Irfanveiw and it says it can read TGA files but all it shows is a black screen.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Use Fraps. You can get the trial version for free at www.fraps.com It takes excellent screens, and you can also select which button you want to use to take the shot. I find Irfanview and Fraps the perfect screenshot taking and organising system

thanks trying FRAPS out.....

Theres also GIMP. Thats the one Caradog uses

thanks all, turns out anti-alaising was the problem. I posted my first screenshot on Image shack. my screen name their is LOTRTWK

Protector's Avatar Senator

Hi ,

I got an addional question.

In MTW 2 it works very well with screenshots for me.

In RTW all screenshots in tga folder are just total black.

Any suggestion ?

Thx for any help ...

Protector

Turn off anti-aliasing in the video settings to capture screenshots.
    Tito Labieno
    - Legatum Propraetore -
    "De Labieni mira virtute victoriaque" - De Bello Gallico LIBER SEPTIMUS LXII.

Marcus Bestia's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Hi ,

I got an addional question.

In MTW 2 it works very well with screenshots for me.

In RTW all screenshots in tga folder are just total black.

Any suggestion ?

Thx for any help ...

Protector
    i had similar problem with black screenshots. I dont know if turning anti-aliasing off solve the problem, probably yes if tito labieno says so. I solved it by using freeware programs like fraps (gimp etc.)