Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Eras Total Conquest 2.3.6

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Eras Total Conquest

Theres reasons to complain, I get an error of some kind every 5-10 turns with the last 3 campaigns I've had, terrain is blank, colonies are useless (Distance to capital and 5 florins of earning even for Mali). Which brings me to that question again, is that going to be in empires? with America..thats even further. How will that work? Empires is looking good I'll be happy and in a cheerful mood then.
    Just the mod looks so great...But its hard to do things in it at least for me.
    FYI: Post is not meant to offend!
    P.S.: I know mods are hard!
    P.S.2: I've checked my error log, It doesn't say why....Which blows....

General problem is, there arent hardly any mods that include a vast amount of nations and the planet itself.
    You didn't make terrain either........Mountains alone would be great in areas.
    Last edited by Maximus_54; January 22, 2009 at 08:12 PM.

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by mirzaa View Post
    I a playing mod wich contains 30 factions,and ai turn take about 40 sec,you mod take me 4 min.,anyway as we see,before will be published Empire: total war, than this mode yours I will never ever again playing this mod,sooo good luck,and seeee yaaA

P.S-you act like this mod is only mod for this game,and i forgot to say you,when you said that isn t your problem that the ai turns are long,surly isn t i just won t play this mod.
    Hopefully that means you won't be posting again anytime soon. But before you go, I need to sit back and laugh at you again.

Ok, I'm done laughing now. Goodbye, good riddance, etc. I think I have downloaded every mod on this website, well, every major one at least, and to be honest, my AI turns in this one were not that slow. I would compare them to SS. So, get a better computer I guess. (Yes, I messed around with the .bat file and got it to work!)

As far as the mod having errors, etc., well, that's the nature of the beast. I can't play DLV_Europa right now and I was looking forward to playing it for over a month. And it's just a few of us who can't play and no one can figure the bug out. Such is life. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Uanime5, keep up the good work my man. I have dabbled around with some coding and it's tedious, aggravating, and burdensome. In some small degree, I feel your pain. But your efforts are appreciated! Thanks again for what you've already accomplished and especially a big thank you for what you are still working on. Kudos.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

I think maximus is racist

Although there is no racism involved there...
    Complaints are something that you will have to deal with all of your life, there is no avoiding them.
    Sure I overdid it in a couple of posts, but thats life. Nice guy never wins.
    Last edited by Maximus_54; January 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

You do need to work on the turn times.

I agree with Maximus_54 that there are some problems with the mod which, if fixed, would make the mod much better. I also agree with Wartower that Uanime5 has worked very hard on this and we need to respect him for that. We should stop bugging him about all the problems, because he is probably aware of them. I am sure he is hard at work on his next mod and the very least we can do is encourage him and offer positive feedback.

so it's okay to be bad then

The idea is to give suggestions in a positive manner.....and to also say whats great.

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Maximus = legitimate concerns & really trying to find answers.

Mirzaa = using more tissues than the audience at the Titanic premier.

I think I just **** my pants at the screen of the world campaign map.
    that is AMAZING. I'm definitely gonna look forward to the release of this mod, even if it takes years

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_54 View Post
    Theres reasons to complain, I get an error of some kind every 5-10 turns with the last 3 campaigns I've had, terrain is blank, colonies are useless (Distance to capital and 5 florins of earning even for Mali). Which brings me to that question again, is that going to be in empires? with America..thats even further. How will that work? Empires is looking good I'll be happy and in a cheerful mood then.
    Just the mod looks so great...But its hard to do things in it at least for me.
    FYI: Post is not meant to offend!
    P.S.: I know mods are hard!
    P.S.2: I've checked my error log, It doesn't say why....Which blows....

General problem is, there arent hardly any mods that include a vast amount of nations and the planet itself.
    You didn't make terrain either........Mountains alone would be great in areas.
    Maximus_54 a village with no trade buildings, that isn't trading with it's neighbours will not generate a lot of money because they have nothing to generate money with. Colonies are not designed to generate vast wealth as soon as you capture them, you need to invest in them. If you want money sack European or Islamic cities (like most Europeans did during the Middle Ages).

In Empires there will be more town and cities, so some colonies will make more money. The distance to capital will be less (since the map is smaller). Also I've remade the Crusades and Renassiance campaigns so the terrain isn't so flat and there are now trees.

Even if your error log doesn't say why the mod has crashed I would still like to see it. If it doesn't provide any useful information then I'll ask you to upload a save file where the mod has crashed so I can examine it.

Quote Originally Posted by xpwnz0r View Post
    Also, I was looking at some websites for console commands and found a few, such as "ai_turn_speed" and "run_ai". I have no clue what they do, but I was hoping that someone else might.
    "ai_turn_speed" and "run_ai" are console commands, such as "add_money" and "auto_win" so I'm unsure how to add them to this mod. I could try entering ai_turn_speed 255 and see if this makes a difference.

Wartower how did you get the .bat file to work?

EDIT: I think I may have found a way to make the end of turn go faster but I want some more people to test it to make sure it does work. To use this patch download the attached 'conquest.zip' file, unzip it, and put the 'conquest.cfg' in the 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War' folder (overwrite the existing 'conquest.cfg'). Then start the mod. Let me know if the end of turn is any quicker.
    Last edited by uanime5; January 24, 2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Turn update
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Wartower how did you get the .bat file to work?
    Hey sorry, I didn't even see this uanime5...my bad. Well, if memory serves me correctly, the installation program plopped the mod down somewhere different than where the .bat file was trying to path to. Rather than mess with moving the folder(s) around, I just made the batch file go to the correct path of the original install to make the copies of it's files. Forgive my bad memory on the subject, but that's pretty much what I did. Nothing too techy at all.

Also, while I'm here, nice work on the mod. I'm a picky person who gets bored easily, so I'm kinda hard to please. But I sincerely had a good time playing your mod. If I had to add some negative criticism I would only mention that the movement rates seem a bit high. Not a gripe, for sure, but based on the nature of this thread, I couldn't post all positive statements without a dash of whine!

Thanks for the hard work you put into your modding and for your availability on these forums.

As long as xcopy still works with Vista that's all I need to know.

The original movement rates were based on the movement of a French Crusading army heading to Jerusalem during the 2nd Crusade. As it took them 6 months to get to Constantinople and each turn lasts 3 months an army should be able to move from France to Constantinople in 2 turns (I'm ignoring the double movement for crusading armies because this doesn't exist in real life).

Does anyone have any more information about army movement times during the Medieval period?

I put the new .cfg file in the M2TW folder and when I start conquest, it runs in windowed mode which messes up my computer for some reason. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change it back to full screen

Sorry about that, I uploaded the version I use to test this mod, rather than the full screen version.

To return this mod to full screen open the conquest.cfg in notepad and find the following lines:

[video]
    windowed = true

Change these to the following:

;[video]
    ;windowed = true

This will disable the windowed mode.

did it work cause I dont have this game installed for memory purposes

thanks,it worked,now I can enjoy this mod. Now,can you tell me how to add music to the game

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

i just saw this mod and it looks pretty cool. just wondering, are the maps as big as the thumbnails you provided? and can i get some screenshots?

wats up with the maximus name,and ohow do you decrease the turns it takes to build stuff
    Last edited by Robertclive; January 27, 2009 at 08:26 AM. Reason: I need too

I'm unsure why the music isn't working. My only suggestion is to unpack the attached music.zip file and put the Music.dat and Music.idx in the 'mods\conquest\data\sounds' folder.

The mods\conquest\data\export_descr_buildings.txt file controls how long each building takes to build. Each building and upgrade has the following information:

Code:
                material wooden
                construction  3
                cost  800 
                settlement_min village
    The construction line determines how many turns each building will take to build. The minium is 1 turn.