Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Eras Total Conquest 2.3.6

Default Re: Eras Total Conquest

Hi Hreidmar (interesting name; icelandic?),

as I fixed this issue earlier, here's how to do it (at least that's the way it worked for me):
    The file you downloaded has to be put into:
    Your Medieval II folder, then Conquest/mods/conquest/data/world - replacing the existing file.
    Then you simply copy everything contained in the Conquest folder (the one with the capital "C") into your Medieval II folder, again replacing/overwriting everything. Enjoy!

williammarshal's Avatar Civis

wow this looks really impressive especially the map and the inclusion of all those mods, great work!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Is there anything that can be done about the excessively long time that it takes for the AI to process its actions???is this because of heavy scripting???because there have been times that I end my turn and it takes the AI factions no less than 5 minutes to complete their moves.This is the only negative I have found thus far but it is an incredibly annoying one.

I can't get this mod to run.
    I have kingdoms installed, and I have installed the patch. I just have no idea whats going wrong.
    The game crashes after I start up the conquest.bat file. I am on windows vista and logged in as admin. I have also tried toluas's sugguestion and it didn't work. Please help me, I want to play this mod so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hreidmar View Post
    Hi again uanime5. I installed Kingdoms, but it updated M2TW from the 1.2 in your instructions to 1.3. Does this matter? I'm still having the same problem, even after adding the file you linked in this thread. I open the .bat file and enter 1 or 2. Then it goes through the list of files being copied, but at the end the window closes and nothing happens. I have been doing this as the administrator (Vista). I have also tried this once with the M2TW disc and again with the Kingdoms disc in the drive.

Do you have any other ideas as to what is not working? It seems like a pathing issue, but I get the same results regardless of whether the conquest folder is in the "mods" folder or outside, in the general M2TW file. Thanks.
    1.2 was the minium require to play my Eras mod (I forgot to delete this line when I compressed this folder). 1.3 or higher is fine.

After the files have copied and the window had closed, double click on the 'conquest.bat' file, and on the menu press the '0' and hit 'enter'. This should load the mod using the files you've already copied.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefVStalin View Post
    I can't get this mod to run.
    I have kingdoms installed, and I have installed the patch. I just have no idea whats going wrong.
    The game crashes after I start up the conquest.bat file. I am on windows vista and logged in as admin. I have also tried toluas's sugguestion and it didn't work. Please help me, I want to play this mod so badly.
    Have you put all the files in the right folders? After unpacking this mod you have to move the 'conquest.bat' and 'conquest.cfg' files, and the 'data' and 'mods' folders to your 'Medieval II Total War' folder (default location "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War").

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusa IX View Post
    Is there anything that can be done about the excessively long time that it takes for the AI to process its actions???is this because of heavy scripting???because there have been times that I end my turn and it takes the AI factions no less than 5 minutes to complete their moves.This is the only negative I have found thus far but it is an incredibly annoying one.
    This problem isn't due to scripting (almost all the scripts are activated at the end of the rebel's turn). The main problem is that the AI moves its soldiers out of its settlements and moves them around the map in small stacks. Since only one stack can move at a time and the AI normally has a lot of them it takes a long time for the AI to move anywhere.

The only way to reduce this is to change the AI so it either combines its stacks or leaves its soldiers in its settlements (I've yet to find a mod that can do this).
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

uanime5
    have you read my pm
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Yes it is very important for DM team

Lycodelphos's Avatar Tiro

Uanime5-

So far, I'm really enjoying this mod. There are some interesting twists to it. And I like the combination of sub-mods you've included. Having a limited AOR is nice and the role-playing elements add to the depth of the game.

I would like to see the AI turn time reduced, though. 5 plus minutes makes the game bog down, and will only get longer as the game progresses. This will become a serious flaw in playability I fear. I'm wondering if removing the Byg supply traits might help. I wanted to ask you if there was a way to get a version without them anyway. Stainless Steel has an option to play without the Byg traits as many players find them a bit too much micromanagement for smooth gameplay. I fall in that group myself. (Though I get the idea behind the "historical realism," having to remember too many variables in a game gets a bit tedious and takes away the fluidity of gameplay. I also don't personally have time to take several weeks to play just one game. A bit of streamlining wouldn't hurt. Considering the size of your map, the Byg supply traits are for me a bit of a issue.)
    Proud Contributor of: "AGON: REBIRTH OF THE HELLENES" & "Patria Libera"
    "There's such divinity doth hedge a king,
    That treason can but peep to what it would,..."

Omg, you were right, it works, and now I feel like a retard. Anyway I can play it and its awesome. Can't wait till the next one.

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Hello!! I have spent four hours playing yesterday and i have to say only one thing.EXCELLENT!! (+REP)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    uanime5
    have you read my pm
    Don't worry I've read it and contacted y2day. I've also changed who I've credited the map to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post
    I would like to see the AI turn time reduced, though. 5 plus minutes makes the game bog down, and will only get longer as the game progresses. This will become a serious flaw in playability I fear. I'm wondering if removing the Byg supply traits might help. I wanted to ask you if there was a way to get a version without them anyway. Stainless Steel has an option to play without the Byg traits as many players find them a bit too much micromanagement for smooth gameplay. I fall in that group myself. (Though I get the idea behind the "historical realism," having to remember too many variables in a game gets a bit tedious and takes away the fluidity of gameplay. I also don't personally have time to take several weeks to play just one game. A bit of streamlining wouldn't hurt. Considering the size of your map, the Byg supply traits are for me a bit of a issue.)
    Byg's supply system only affects the player so it won't affect the AI's turn length. Given the large amount of movement per turn it shouldn't be too difficult to find a settlement to put your general in for a few turns, so they can resupply.

Also if you want to reduce the turn length you could try changing the 'AI movement' from 'Follow' to 'Skip' since the AI would move instantly, rather than walk to their target.

Don't worry I've read it and contacted y2day. I've also changed who I've credited the map to.
    awesome news
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Lycodelphos's Avatar Tiro

One thing I noticed, by turn 16 HRE had control of 32 in my first game. Is the balnce correct here? It seems as if the HRE faction will win in a very short timeframe. France starts with only 3 regions? (In Crusades)
    Proud Contributor of: "AGON: REBIRTH OF THE HELLENES" & "Patria Libera"
    "There's such divinity doth hedge a king,
    That treason can but peep to what it would,..."

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

I keep getting a ctd when the game starts and it's updated to kingdoms.

Just deleting the system log

nevermind, I got it to work

Is there anyway to reduce the 5 minute AI turn time
    Last edited by Amroth; December 09, 2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: dp

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander of Jordan View Post

1) RAM
    2) Video Card
    3) New Computer
    As unfortunate as it sounds, those are the options, cheapest to most expensive, to let your computer run faster, during gaming. I had the same problem with EB - Europa Barbarorum - earlier this year on a 4 year old comp. Now I have a much better one.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Alright, so I have was having a great time with the mod, I have been playing as england colonazitioning south africa, about 20 turns in. Now, the game crashes every time during the Mali's turn and I can't figure out why.

me too,I colonized Rhodesia and Soth Africa,and Bangladore and it crashed too.
    Last edited by Robertclive; December 09, 2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: please

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post
    One thing I noticed, by turn 16 HRE had control of 32 in my first game. Is the balnce correct here? It seems as if the HRE faction will win in a very short timeframe. France starts with only 3 regions? (In Crusades)
    The HRE controls a lot of regions, so it can muster a large army early on. Historically France controlled very few provinces in 1230, so it's an accurate representation.

Try changing the 'AI movement' from 'Follow' to 'Skip'.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefVStalin View Post
    Alright, so I have was having a great time with the mod, I have been playing as england colonazitioning south africa, about 20 turns in. Now, the game crashes every time during the Mali's turn and I can't figure out why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander of Jordan
    me too,I colonized Rhodesia and Soth Africa,and Bangladore and it crashed too.
    Can you guys upload your sytem logs files so I can check them. These files are in the 'Medieval II Total War\logs' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs').

Everytiime I try to play a custom battle the map is filled with water with various islands and my troops are under water.

I hit skip AI and it still takes a long time.

How do you add music?
    Last edited by Robertclive; December 09, 2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: please

Everytiime I try to play a custom battle the map is filled with water with various islands and my troops are under water.

I hit skip AI and it still takes a long time.

How do you add music?
    Try changing where the Custom Battle is on the 'Choose Conditions' Screen (the first one). Though 'Arsuf' is in the middle of the sea 'Grassy Plain' seems to work fine.

Regarding your music problems which faction are you playing as?