Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use energy weapons??

Default Do you use energy weapons??

I mean laser pistols and rifles? What do they bring to the table that conventional small arms don't? It seems they don't do a whole lot of damage? I'm just short of 9th level and there is no way I would trade my combat shotty or Chinese AR for an energy equivalent. So what good are they? :hmmm:

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

Default Re: Do you use energy weapons??

Yeah I looked on a laser rifle.
    The given damage was like a few points, but I could easely burn people with it, sometimes effortlesly.
    They are very strong.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Laser Rifle is good in VATS.

They generally perform poorly at beginning stage and lvl10 ~ 15 stage; but they are god-send around lvl5 ~ 10 and lvl20.

No small weapon can 100% rip off an Enclave head in 50m, but I can do that whenever I want with Laser Rifle.

Do they defeat certain armour types more easily? Odovacar is burning some kind of secondary damage, like the Flamer?

thanks.

Not sure.

Generally energy weapons is not working well against animals.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

I use ALL weapons. Since the game isn't really an RPG but an FPS with stats, it's best just to pack an arsenal regardless of your char.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I use ALL weapons. Since the game isn't really an RPG but an FPS with stats, it's best just to pack an arsenal regardless of your char.

Ah yes, same here, thought only my energy weapons are missing from my arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Grenadier View Post
    Do they defeat certain armour types more easily? Odovacar is burning some kind of secondary damage, like the Flamer?

thanks.
    Dunno..but the weapon stats were rather crap. Then I was attacked and to my surprise raiders and such were pretty easy to kill, they got heavy hits.

Maybe poorly armed enemies suck against lasers.
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Odovacar View Post
    Dunno..but the weapon stats were rather crap. Then I was attacked and to my surprise raiders and such were pretty easy to kill, they got heavy hits.
    Raiders are easy to kill with anything.
    My pony jumps ever so high

They do bonuses to robots don't they? also the low recoil makes them good in VATS firing-rate wise.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    Raiders are easy to kill with anything.
    Try using a "chienese pistol"
    I used laser against robots too who are harder to kill, and mutants.

laser and plasma weapons have high critical damage so they are good for sneak attacks. Lasers are also more accurate than small guns and you can easily nail enemies non-stop at long distance since they are pretty much rapid fire.

I have draw-distance at max so I can see and kill enemies before they appear on my compass even with 10 perception. When I attack them at this distance they often don't know where I am, that is, if the laser didn't melt them to dust in 1 hit.

Also, the protection's gaze is a good laser pistol with 25 damage that can be easily obtained at low levels.

I use them, but I always keep small arms with me no matter what my main weapon skill is, as you can't find any kind of ammo as easily as small arms.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Laser pistols are pretty weak, but the unique laser weapons are good, and plasma weapons are good.

And of course the Alien Blaster is amazing.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Plasma weapons are not accurate when enemy is moving around, even you use VATS.

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

I got a Plasma rifle off an enclave soldier and it does serious damage to super mutants but i am lvl 20

Quote Originally Posted by REQUIEM View Post
    I got a Plasma rifle off an enclave soldier and it does serious damage to super mutants but i am lvl 20
    I did that using:

Black Hawk, Lincon's Repeater, Chinese Assault Gun, Combat Shotgun (close range), Missle Launcher, Frage Grenades, Laser Rifle, Plasma Rifle.

Level 20, mix in Small Gun, Explosive, Energy Weapon, Repair, Medic, around 70 for Big Gun, 96 for Stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by allthesedamnnamesaretaken View Post
    laser and plasma weapons have high critical damage so they are good for sneak attacks. Lasers are also more accurate than small guns and you can easily nail enemies non-stop at long distance since they are pretty much rapid fire.

I have draw-distance at max so I can see and kill enemies before they appear on my compass even with 10 perception. When I attack them at this distance they often don't know where I am, that is, if the laser didn't melt them to dust in 1 hit.

Also, the protection's gaze is a good laser pistol with 25 damage that can be easily obtained at low levels.
    Well I guess that pretty much spelled it out! Thanks!

+rep for you my good man.

Sebdeas's Avatar Senator

I don't use an energy weapon.
    They don't satisfy my ears with bangs

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

I use mainly the A3-21's Plasma Rifle and i (you) need nothing else (except enough ammunition).
    As already written here i think also the high crit, damage and rate of fire plus low recoil and noiseless shoot is absolutely unbeatable for sneaker chars.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast