Thread: Some thoughts

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Default Some thoughts

I played several campaigns and even though I still say "Oh, my God, this is incredible" there are some parts I mislike.

a)Rebel provinces.

No province should be rebel. It just seems wrong to me for Starks to have to assault Dreadfort or the Tullys the Twins etc.
    In Westeros every bit of land was owned by a landed knight who was sworn to a minor lordling who was sworn to a major house who was sworn to one of the Great Houses who were sworn to the King. Having rebel areas on the map, at least in the start vexes me. Afterwards it's alright, there will be havoc in a campaign afterall. But at the start? No.

Dominion of the Sword implements an idea in which if you take a settlement you give it to a vassal much like what is done in ASOIAF. The idea is that you don't control what is built or recruited in the province at all (and I guess you don't pay for it either) and when at war the AI/bannerman to your House will decide what to send or if it will send any help at all, depending on the Faction leader's reputation, abilities etc. In contrast to that there are areas directly controlled by you that have greater income and absolute control but great unrest (having to obey to a distant ruler)

Now, I understand that this possibly requires enormous scripting and that the team is small but perhaps Dominion would be willing to share? I ignore the policies of mod teams and relatioships between them but if we are really lucky they won't have a problem.

b)Please no Night's Watch unless you find a way to control the AI. I love it and would hate to see it act unrealistically like attacking the Starks or the Starks attacking it, or Black Brothers taking provinces beyond the wall. In fact there should be no provinces just spawned wilding armies, imo. But that's maybe too hardcore.
    If you find a way to implement it, sure but how? Perhaps a script forcing every faction except the wildings to be allied to them every turn?

And if it's possible an option to send captured soldiers to the Night's Watch besides ransoming and executing them. They would spawn as an army in Castle Black and the general could take a "Friend of the Watch" trait.

Just some ideas for the future, I know you can't possibly make them true as you are now. Well, we can always hope that with the HBO series there will be more fans that know how to mod to help you.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Default Re: Some thoughts

Interesting idea. I may have to contact Dominion about that, though they may be protective of their code (we are about our agent systems and stuff )

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

I see....hope that Dominion are ASOIAF fans then
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Well, they did make it, and it sounds really cool. Will download Dominion just to see how awesome it is.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."