Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: phoen!x`s Enhanced- FKoC-MiniMod

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: phoen!x`s Enhanced- FKoC-MiniMod

First fantastik minimod!! The campaign map model looks really awesome! The only thing that bug me is that the flag don't weaver in the wind. Is that intended? I'm I the only one who experience this?

Flags are static because they are parts of the models like legs or hands so they does not have much animation. Vanilla banners are always animated but this method of displaying a banner has it's GUI purpose. So it is always here no matter who bear it (rather there is no bearer actually You should try to turn off the vanilla banners to see the difference for a new experience! Now the bearer could die so a regiment could lost its banner during the battle so it is very realistic indeed.

in .cfg file in your mod directory insert this line:

Code:
    [video]
    show_banners = 0

This is a fantastic mod but it is crashing on me in campaign mode right when the battles should be starting. Is there anything that you could point me to to fix this. I am really excited to sit down and fully enjoy this mod.

Most probably you have video card memory issue like many others here. The weight of textures are too high.

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by shakesword View Post
    Flags are static because they are parts of the models like legs or hands so they does not have much animation. Vanilla banners are always animated but this method of displaying a banner has it's GUI purpose. So it is always here no matter who bear it (rather there is no bearer actually You should try to turn off the vanilla banners to see the difference for a new experience! Now the bearer could die so a regiment could lost its banner during the battle so it is very realistic indeed.

in .cfg file in your mod directory insert this line:

Code:
    [video]
    show_banners = 0
    So what's suppose to happen if I insert this line?

The point is to turn off the vanilla method of showing unit's banner leaving only those banners which integrated with models. So when a bearer dies (assume it to be a cannonball for example) the unit act without banner like in real life. That is all. But if you played a lot in MTW2 like me always seeing big default banners which never disappear and stick to the last soldier in the unit turning them off could make a huge visual difference.

How do I download this? I installed it with bitzipper and it just sets up a long long page of files...so next step is...?

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

Great minimod. Good work.

Love the new strat map variations good job mate!

Ightenhill's Avatar Senator

Good little mini mod that really captures the atmosphere of the FKOC mod.. V Nice

E8400 on Asus P5N32-E overclocked to 4.00ghz with arctic cooling
    POV GTX 285 XP (SP3) Crucial Ballistix 2gb DDR2 RAM

Great enhancment, however I was interested in only using the unit models folder so my question is can i replace AD's folder with yours and not have a CTD, Thanks

great enhancment however I was interested in only using the unit models folder my question is can i replace AD's unit folder with yours and not have a CTD. Thanks

Default Re: 1.5 released

Great work AD thank you! reminds me of Shogun, can't say why, perhaps the way the little guys fight with such heart

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

does ireland have any part in this mod at all?

it would be a shame to leave it out as it was the site of extremly bloodly battles between the royalist and parlimentarians as well as the native irish.

and dont forget about cromwells horrific campagin to root out royalist and irish rebels alike, in the final chapter of the war.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

thougt I'd bump this to keep it on the front page

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Just installed minimod over 1.5 - always getting CTD when starting campaign.Campaign loads very slowly and crashes at the very end of loading. Video card is Radeon HD2600XT 256 Mb.
    Everything perfect without minimod.

Just found out that everything goes right without changing /models_strat folder. Crash happens when using models_strat from the mini-mod. It's terribly pity, I wished to play on this beautiful strat map.
    Last edited by Georgiy71; March 30, 2009 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlood View Post
    does ireland have any part in this mod at all?

it would be a shame to leave it out as it was the site of extremly bloodly battles between the royalist and parlimentarians as well as the native irish.

and dont forget about cromwells horrific campagin to root out royalist and irish rebels alike, in the final chapter of the war.
    Ireland isn't included as FKoC was designed and built to center around the first English civil war, and not the wide conflicts.

Georgiy71,

Yeah its a real shame but it seems phoenix is no longer around.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

well done! downloading it straight away.... or maybe not as I prefer the original red brick walls

Anyway to disable the 3D textures?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

why they are cool ^-^

don't think so unless you uninstall FCOK then install the mini mod somewhere else then copy the files you want into the data folder

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast